1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello Peeps :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RingoSmith, 14 Jul 2012.

1. RingoSmith

RingoSmith Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    RingoSmith
    I first heard about the website from Halo's banner then this morning i saw it on Torquemada banner so asked if the oaps had changed name. Was then told about Senior gamers and popped over to register and say hi :).

need to stop waffling now and cut to the chase. Been gaming since the days of the Monochrome consoles, imported a PC- engine from japan had a c64, amiga, zx81, snes, master system, megadrive, all playstations a 360 and of course a few gameboys. started gaming online with the ps2 as a beta tester and never looked back.

Im 38 and would like to be a full member please.
    Also hello to those that know me and to those who do not i hope to catch up with you all soon.
    Next two months will really limit my gaming but after that i hope get back gaming again.

err thanks :)

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Great to see you found the place Ringo!

I'll be here, getting some gaming in when you eventually get some gaming time and look forward to getting some games in with you!

3. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Mr Smith, welcome to our new home. I hope your stay will be a happy one ;)

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Hello Ringo! :D Keep seeing you about and your "when I swim fish clap" tag line which always makes me smile. Not sure I've managed to game with you since the Burnout and RFoM days! :shock: Although I've spotted you a few times creaping closer to my scores on Marvell Pinball. :clap:

What's your game of choice at the moment Ringo? Right now we seem to be embroiled in Battlefield 3 with smatterings from Killzone, Uncharted and various different racing titles.

I must let you know that as an OAP, full membership here will en-tale that you receive chum status over there. If this means you won't be seaking full membership then please do let us know.

Catch you soon

Abs

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Ringo. :)

I've not played online with you for a long time and I did drop you from my friends list. :oops: I'll look to rectify that.

So, what are you playing these days? I'm currently playing Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3. I'll be having a bash with Warhammer 40k on Monday too seeing as I have it free through PS+ and Herman has organised a session for us.

So, you would like full membership? We'd be delighted if you want to take this up but as Halo says, it'll mean that you get Chummed over on OAP, so you should have a word with them if this is your intention. Alternatively we do have a diet membership option - becoming an Ally means you'll get a couple of extra forums to post in though you won't get the full lusciousness of our site.

Anyway, please confirm which membership you would like and we'll sort things our for you.

See you online soon. :)

6. RingoSmith

RingoSmith Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    RingoSmith
    hiya,

:)

just wrote an articualte response to all your lovely posts. Full of wit and erudite commentary. However, my laptop decided to drop my internet connection and i lost the lot.

So basically, i am playing marvel pinball (watch your back Halo ;)) have the KZ3 multiplayer add on. will look to get myself a copy of BF3 and have MW3 (was bought for me, honest).

As for the membership issue, if i get chum access or membership lite, will i have access to the beta forums and could i upgrade at a later date. To be honest i have not been to oaps.org for at least a year and have never really had a clan tag as i never participated enough for me to warrant one in my eyes.

So if, i can upgarde later and get access to the beta forums can i have membership lite please

7. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Heh that's why these days I always copy a long post before posting it as I've bitten like this too many times. :)

You keep Halo on her toes with the pinball, don't let her get too cocky at the top. ;) Good to hear you've got Killzone 3, we play on Wednesdays and you'd be welcome to join it. BF3 is great fun, I much prefer it to the MW series which I haven't bothered with since MW2. Most of us here can be found on BF3.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by beta forums? There are beta forums over on the official PS forums though you have to be a beta member to access these. OAP also has beta forums. We've not bothered here as there's not much going on in the beta trials.

As an Ally you'll get access to a couple of extra forums whereas as a full member you get to see all of our forums, access to our chat system, be able to post on our blog and get added to the VIP list on our BF3 server.

You can have Ally access now if that's what you wish and full membership later if that's what you would like. We're happy for full members (Senior Citizens) to be members of other communities, all we ask is that they fly the [SNR] tag in online games. Allies of course tend to fly the clan tag for the community that they are part of.

8. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Mr Smith or can i call you Ringo,
    We don't like to poach OAPs but if you haven't been there for a while then just confirm that you want full membership. Then the WHOLE site is open. No secret parts here for full members and as Martok says the chat bar is quite a nice add on, worth having once you see it.
    Also this site looks great AND IS USEABLE on mobiles if you get the Tapatalk installed. No having to zoom in and out and struggle to read and write posts.
    We had a burnout night a few days ago and had to ask friends to leave that wernt SNRs as it was full. Looking forward to getting another burnout night up and running as its a great laugh.
    I am into quite a wide range of games such as those mentioned along with such classics as Truth or Lies, Terminator salvation, Naughty Bear and Hanna Montana (well atleast one of the above is a true fact)
    Are there any games you are embarased to admit that you bought?

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Ringo, gald you decided to stop by after our conversation :thumbup:

Go for full fat membership. You said yourself you hadnt been over to the OAPs in a long while. Look into my eyes. Not around the eyes but my eyes..... :crazy:

Been ages since we've had a game of something. Must sort that out!! :D

Oh, and a vouch from me everyone.

10. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Ringo,

Had some awesome games of RFOM with Ringo and Marlo.

Vouch :)

11. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Ringo, great to see you. Another one from the early Socom days. We nattered in the dead zone many a time I believe :D It's a big vouch from me.

Like Halo I love your fish clapping comment B-)

12. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Hi Ringo, look forward to you kicking my ar5e like everyone else does :shifty: Welcome ;)