1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello, is this my new day care centre?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by c00ky, 5 Jul 2012.

1. c00ky

c00ky Good for target practice
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    Hi,

42 year old seeking online experience with like minded individuals, must have GSOH, own their own clothes and be willing to accept a random and sometimes scattered approach to online gaming.

Yet to work out what membership or Ally means, but as and when I have read the rules I will pop my name down on the clipboard for the afternoon yahtzee session, or failing that the varicose vein massage instructional video.

As I have small ankle biters, my online action is either spent in the wee hours after all is abed, or with my three year old "assisting" me on non cert 18 games.

Hope to lurk here and contributre to teh community sporadically and maybe catch a game with soe of you online!

c00ky

2. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Cooky, Welcome dude :) You after full fat membership or diet membership?

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi cOOky, welcome to the Seniors. :wave:

4. OAPboba

OAPboba Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    OAPboba
    Hey c00ky! I still fondly remember SOCOM2 launch day when you helped show a few of us noobs the ropes.

5. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Great to see you pop over C00ky. :wave:

We haven't gamed much since the halcyon SOCOM days but you're still on my friends list so you never know. Have a look at the guidelines and let us know what you decide :thumbup:

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hey buddy I'm assuming I have play Socom with you and maybe some other games :)

Welcome

7. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya C00ky, nice to see you mate

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, C00ky. :wave:

Hopefully we're like-minded (old and grumpy? :lol:), definitely a GSOH with our lack of gaming skill Not so sure about own clothes, I could have sworn I've seen a couple of members wandering naked down the corridors. :shock: As for approach to gaming, here we still put RL first and most definitely play for fun and not ranking/skill. Though we do get tempted by those shiny unlocks on BF3. :)

Being an Ally is essentially the same thing as a Chum is over at your place. You get a few benefits (a special toilet for Allies that is regularly cleaned each month) and couple of extra forums, plus you can join in events with Senior Citizens.

Being a Senior Citizen is the full works - you see all forums (no hidden ones here), our chat bar system and can participate in the community in various ways, plus you get to fly the [SNR] tag in online games. However, if you go for this, you will be Chummed over at your place.

Full details are in the About section and do let us know what you want to go for.

Whatever you decide, it's a vouch from me. :D

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Bump!

Saw you on yesterday but I don't know if you've seen my post above.

Have you decided on which membership option you are after?

10. c00ky

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    Cheers Martok,

For the time being put me down as an Ally - as you can see I am not online alot so participating in either OAP or SNR.

In mean time what is benefit of the dedicated SNR battlefield server - just me asking a stupid question I assume it keeps unwashed away?

;)

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    It just means we can play BF3 In an environment we like, The GU still get In but we have control over It and can kick spawn campers and such at our whim :)

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    You're now all greened up with our diet membership option. :)

As Herm says, it means we can control the BF3 environment - set up maps and game modes as we wish - as well as kick any spawn campers or cheaters (though we try to avoid doing this unless absolutely necessary). It also means we can set up matches against other communities, something you can't do in open servers. Finally, all SNR members who wish it are added to the VIP list on the server, meaning they get priority in any queue when joining the server. :)

13. c00ky

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    Hi Martok!

Been away from Playstaion alot but just got into the BF4 bug, so was wondering what I need to do to jump OAP ship and become an SNR?

Is there some internal examination I have to receive using a hand driven whisk and some swarfega?

14. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hi C00ky!

Look forward to seeing you on BF4! Are you on PS3 or PS4?

15. c00ky

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    Launch day PS4 - for my sins.

Been playing BF4 with the unwashed at odd times of late evenings, OAP doesnt seem to have much of a PS4 presence and looking at the people that are on SNR I thought I would make good target practice for them!

I am awaiting Watchdogs, plus Tom Clancy's The Division seems intriguing, not sure about Destiny though.....

Dogstar, ColSonders and DrewePeacock like this.
  16. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Excellent! There are a few of us that have PS4s and BF4, so we will no doubt meet online soon. I'll chuck over a FR. :)

17. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Hey mate...long time no game, chuck me a FR.....I only really play BF4 at the moment (when I get a chance to play) but i'll also be picking up the Division...probably on launch day.

18. c00ky

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    Cheers Col!

Yeah, having 2 wee ones (my youngest 2nd birthday this weekend) means my playtime is generally after them and wifey goes to bed (she has to watch all her Murder Mystery programmes in HD!), so I dont get on until 22:00 when I am not too tired from work.

SOCOM! thats a game to conjure many funny memories on!

Also good to see so many peoples names replying here that I know!

I better have a quiet lie down now... ;)

19. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'm often just getting on at 10pm anyway mate, not even got kids as an excuse! But yeah there's often a few of us on BF4 between around 10pm and midnight or later.

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Hi @c00ky, long time no see. :wave:

Glad to hear that you have the PS4 bug. I'm just waiting for more stock to be available before grabbing one. As they are starting to appear on Amazon then I think I'll be picking one up at the start of next month (it'll then go on the credit card bill for March then ;) )

I thought a few OAPs had PS4s? I've seen a few mention that they have one.

As for jumping ship, you are more than welcome to if that is what you want. All we require for full membership is that you agree to fly the [SNR] tags online and that you play one evening with some Seniors. However, the latter probably isn't required as quite a few of us have played with you many times over the last few years. :) Anyway, you might want to think about this before making a final decision as, unless things have changed, you will be 'Chummed' on OAP and lose access to various forums. You could of course remain as you are if you wish - you're welcome to join in our events anyway and you can see most of our forums, you just don't get access to the extras that full members get.

Anyway, have a think about and and let us know what you decide. :)

I hope to see you online on the PS4 next month! :D