Hello...hello...hello

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello fellow gamers. I am looking for friendly membership as I am a member of OAPS.
I have played with a fair few of your members online and thought I would come over here an introduce myself.

Well I am 31 years old, divorced and been an avid gamer since I could hold a joystick in my hands.
My first gaming computer was the old Commodore 64, with the games taking an age to load up from cassette. This also started me in learning BASIC and coding my own, rather pathetic, games.
My next proper gaming console was the good ol' Sega Master System. God how I spent many hours playing the in built game Alex Kidd.
From then stuck with Sega and got the Mega Drive, split screen Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage were my games of choice then. Nintendo then made an appearance in the shape of SNES. I defected from Sonic, to everyones favourite plumber, Luigi ;). The N64 came next and Goldeneye 64 was in my opinion the start for multiplayer gaming. The hours I spent with my mates, all around a tiny portable tv playing 4 player split screen was unbelievable.
I was fascinated by the new console from Sony, with the games being on round circular disks, that I only really thought were used for playing music :)
From then I have always been a Sony fan boy.
I currently only have a PS3, haven't made the jump to the current next gen PS4 just yet, will be sometime next year.
Not sure what else to put, so caio for now :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers, @pede2010 :)

I hear you've been playing with @Acegadgets, well done for helping us support care in the community for the elderly. ;) :lol:

You must have been a rich kid starting with a Commodore 64. I could only dream of one of those or a Vic20. I began with the humble ZX81 and then ZX Spectrum. Thump sensitive keyboards FTW!

So, what games are you playing currently on the PS3? GTA Online I know is one, what else?

Don't worry about being left behind console-wise here, we've got both those loving the shiny new PS4 as well as us hardcore PS3ers who haven't yet made the jump.

Hope to see you online soon. :waving:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Pede, Nice of you to drop in. Had a runaround in Los Santos the other day along with mr. Gadgets. Hopefully we'll get a few games going sometime soon again.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Feel free to bung me an friends request, or I'll do the same when im on next.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
I like to do my bit in the community for the aged gamer, I just cant sit by and watch them dribble down their chin or fall asleep mid game ;)

I think the reason that my parents brought me a C64 was that my sister was born and all the attention was on her and I wanted a computer, because my mates had one. They had the ZX and they envied me when I got the Commodore :D

Well currently I am only really playing GTA. Between working long hours and having my kids every other weekend, I don't get much time to game. I have Playstation Plus and I sometimes dabble in the free games that they have to offer. I am more an open world, action, adventure sort of gamer now. I used to play alot of COD, but in my opinion its just the same old recycled stuff every year. I couldn't get into Battlefield 3 either, maybe because COD made me a bit sick of FPS, but I dont know, maybe when I get the PS4 it may all change again.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I still have my Commodore 64! Started off with a Commodore 16, but my parents sold that when they got me a C64 :(

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the green side :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Pede! Welcome to SNR! :)

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, maybe see you online soon :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Morning!

Loved the C64 (Ghostbusters, Clumsy Colin's Action Biker & Kickstart) though I was a BBC Micro boy, until the Atari 1040STe & subsequently an Amiga 1200 (I think) then my first i386!

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome mate

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome Pede, I think anyone with an N64 will agree with yu about goldeneye. Do you fancy the new PS4 or are you waiting until the new year?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still have a "special" shop demo of the super nintendo in my mancave. I keep saying I'm going to get around to buying a Mario Allstars for it, as I've only had a Donkey Kong game stuck in it for the last 20 years and it can get a bit repedative.

Last edited:

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Welcome Pede, I think anyone with an N64 will agree with yu about goldeneye. Do you fancy the new PS4 or are you waiting until the new year?
I will get the PS4 but it won't be until next year. My sister is getting married in Cyprus next year, so I have to save up for that first. And also there really isn't any games that jump out to me just yet. I am looking forward to WatchDogs tho :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I still have a "special" shop demo of the super nintendo in my mancave. I keep saying I'm going to get around to buying a Mario Allstars for it, as I've only had a Donkey Kong game stuck in it for the last 20 years and it can get a bit repedative.
Real shame I didn't use that when I got the chance.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! I loved International Karate on the C64. Down on one knee, a straight punch in the other guys groines... What a wonderful sound!! ;)

I'm on the PS4 now, so we wont meet online right away.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Pede! I'm not online as much these days due to working mostly 18 - 20 hour days but hope to catch up with you at some point. PS4 due by the 18th Dec. ready for my break in the beginning of the new year.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would like to apply for full fat membership please. Do you have any spare beds? :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @pede2010

I assume that you wish to make this your main gaming community (though you can be a member of any gaming community) and that you will sport the [SNR] tags in online games that support them?

If this is the case, then I'll flick the switch and find a spare bed. :)