Hello from Germany

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi,

Funnily enough Brexit was a common topic of conversation between my group of friends in Alicante. I am against it, and the French guy (and sometimes one of the Germans), used to bring the topic up just to try and wind me up.
Well, it is a debateable topic. I am also against it, because I think the UK shot itself in the foot by doing so. Also I think that after those 2 years the UK will leave without having a deal. Cliff edge as they call it. Also I guess it will destabilize Ireland, as the border needs to be reinstanciated.

As said, I was told not to mention that topic while travelling Ireland. So I did not, but the locals came up with that.

Grüße,
Grooooog.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also, I am not familiar with the quoting rules here, so I will make a post per answer.
We don't have any particular rules on quoting, you can put them all in one post or do separate posts depending on what you feel is better. You can use the Reply link to quote an entire post, or you can highlight particular parts and click the floating Reply link or Quote+ (the latter adds to multi-quote which is handly when you want to quote several things separately from either one or multiple users). All of these will then give a "xxx said" at the top of the quote and an up arrow next to it which takes you to the post the quote came from. :)

EDIT I see you used one of these in your last post, so apologies if you knew all of this already.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi,

EDIT I see you used one of these in your last post, so apologies if you knew all of this already.
Well, every board is different, so I got used to the most common factor, which is copying the text into Textpad and then adding the QUOTE thingies manually. But that multi quote mechanism is really quite nice, so I will use that one instead. Thank you for mentioning that.

Regards,
Grooooog.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok is the font of all knowledge regarding the website's doodads and thingummies and functions.

All I know is not to press that red button, with the sign on it saying "@c00ky Do NOT TOUCH!"

But I can hear it whispering to me.......... :o

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, it is a debateable topic. I am also against it, because I think the UK shot itself in the foot by doing so. Also I think that after those 2 years the UK will leave without having a deal. Cliff edge as they call it. Also I guess it will destabilize Ireland, as the border needs to be reinstanciated.

As said, I was told not to mention that topic while travelling Ireland. So I did not, but the locals came up with that.

Grüße,
Grooooog.
Yeah, it's going to be a nightmare for people who live on one side of the border and commute to work or school on the other!

Also I have Star Trek Bridge crew and I think @NVranya does too if you wanted to have a few games. It's good fun.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok is the font of all knowledge regarding the website's doodads and thingummies and functions.

All I know is not to press that red button, with the sign on it saying "@c00ky Do NOT TOUCH!"

But I can hear it whispering to me.......... :o
Ah, perfect. Can I ask him then to fix the registration form? :D
Also, red buttons are supposed to be pressed.

Edit: Sorry, my fault. The registration works good. How do I delete my testuser Test123?

Last edited:

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to be a nightmare for people who live on one side of the border and commute to work or school on the other!

Also I have Star Trek Bridge crew and I think @NVranya does too if you wanted to have a few games. It's good fun.
Yeah, it will be. I have a small hope that during the course of the negotiations people will see how idiotic that is and pull the handbrake.

If you don't mind playing with a STBC noob and some swearing in German, I'm on. ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah, perfect. Can I ask him then to fix the registration form? :D
Also, red buttons are supposed to be pressed.

Edit: Sorry, my fault. The registration works good. How do I delete my testuser Test123?
I was going to say, there's nothing wrong with the registration form as far as I'm aware. Anyway I'd deleted your test user. ;)

Well, every board is different, so I got used to the most common factor, which is copying the text into Textpad and then adding the QUOTE thingies manually. But that multi quote mechanism is really quite nice, so I will use that one instead. Thank you for mentioning that.
Yes, there are still forums out there using older software and don't have many modern features, I've used plenty in my time. It was weird at first using the rich text editor here and actually seeing formatting before posting rather than having to manually add BB Code everywhere and hoping it looked OK before posting.

Anyway, there's plenty of features to play with on the forums, including the chat and the Media Gallery and all features are available when they've been here a little while and made a few posts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like there'll be a beer and Battlezone session at my gaff with 2 PSVR setups on Saturday afternoon. If anybody is online & wants to jump in, feel free!

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was going to say, there's nothing wrong with the registration form as far as I'm aware. Anyway I'd deleted your test user. ;)
Yeah, I think it was my mistake. Or a hickup in my Vivaldi browser. When I used chrome it worked.

Yes, there are still forums out there using older software and don't have many modern features, I've used plenty in my time. It was weird at first using the rich text editor here and actually seeing formatting before posting rather than having to manually add BB Code everywhere and hoping it looked OK before posting.

Anyway, there's plenty of features to play with on the forums, including the chat and the Media Gallery and all features are available when they've been here a little while and made a few posts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
Yes, I am quite familiar with BBCode, as it is nearly used everywhere. That is why I used that. Some forums also have problems with the rich text edit in my Opera 12.18.
This forum software is quite nice and works like a charm. Congrats on that. The thing I was missing using BBCode is the preview button. :D

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like there'll be a beer and Battlezone session at my gaff with 2 PSVR setups on Saturday afternoon. If anybody is online & wants to jump in, feel free!
Maybe I am in. Depends on if my wife attends that flee marked or not. Otherwise I have to attach that curtain rail

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Maybe I am in. Depends on if my wife attends that flee marked or not. Otherwise I have to attach that curtain rail
Add me and if we see you online, we see you online. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hello @Grooooog and herzlich willkommen.
Make yourself at home neighbour.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Spruijt,

Hello @Grooooog and herzlich willkommen.
Make yourself at home neighbour.
Bedankt. I think I already feel quite at home here after all the nice welcomes.

Veel groeten,
Grooooog

(In case of translation errors into Dutch, please send your complaints to Google Translator)

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi IamNumber6,

Something for you to build if you still own the C64 - C64 VR Rig :geek:
Thats really impressing. Unfortunately that is one of the computers I do not own anymore.
But thanks for the link. I put it in my watch later list, cause the Internet connection here at work is really bad.

Regards,
Grooooog.