1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello Folks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by officer_cartman, 11 Jul 2012.

1. officer_cartman

officer_cartman Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    officer_cartman
    Hi there
    Found my way over here as i saw both wilks and Martoks posts on http://www.gamingoldies.co.uk
    so i thought i would return the favour and introduce myself

Im mark 42 years young and a geek

Got into gaming very young and well never let go,although never really been that good
    i like just about any game and always willing to give something a go
    currently playing alot of bf3 which ive had since release but never really played it,and then couple of weeks ago it clicked
    (must be something to do with my age)

We have loads of game nights over there so if your bored or fancy joining then by all means do
    We use TS for chat,mainly because most games comms are flaky at best and also the fact its like party chat so dont need to be in game..any info you need can be found on our site
    anyway enough for now...
    ask any question you like and hope to see you soon

oh and for the record will be playing showdown later..

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Cartman, Another oldie that is a showdown player.....Wonderful , Will have to pop into your site and say hello. Are there many others in your group that play showdown? I cant play online tonight but will definetly be looking at having a game with your chaps. Theres only five SNRs with it and its really hard to find a time when we can play it together.
    Most of the members on our site play BF3, have you ventured onto our server yet?

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi officer_cartman glad you found your way over here.

We've got a Killzone get together soon havent we, which should be a laugh?

I know what you mean about BF3 though. Have you tried the new Close Quarters DLC yet? I can see why diehard BF3 fans are divided as its very Call Of Duty, but god help me I love it.

Anyway, nice meeting you and looking forward to our match!!!

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our place, officer_cartman. :)

Looking forward to our KZ3 match in a couple of week's time. I posted a suggestion of the format at your place earlier today.

I believe you guys have got a BF3 server? If so I must look out for it and add it to my favourites. We have one here, just search for Senior Gamers or SNR and you're welcome to join us.

How about a Showdown clan match? Ace and a few others would be up for this I reckon. Maybe we could also have a BF3 match using the new create a match feature?

Anyway have a nosey around here and someone will stick on the kettle for a brew and break out the biscuits. :)

5. officer_cartman

PSN:
    officer_cartman
    ok quite a few of us have showdown and its popular usually do it on a wednesday currently
    Yes we do have our own server now and easiest way to find it is check our site and look at the banner for the current description i have put on it...:)

I also invite you to add your names to our leaderboard for bf3 you can find the link at the top of the oldies page
    as for BF3 what have you in mind?
    would love to try that and something i have mentioned on our site..

looking forward to the kz3 although i maybe a little rusty on that

you are welcome to join our ts server anytime for a chat about stuff,we have 40 slots so always plenty of room

6. officer_cartman

PSN:
    officer_cartman
    i forgot yes could be a laugh a 4v4 on showdown...im sure we could manage that one....should be very easy to arrange

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Cartman, We have a few showdown players here although I have it I'm yet to give it a go but hopefully in a few days we could have a friendly 4v4 :)

8. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Howdoo Cartman. Nice of you to drop by ;)

9. LesTom1

LesTom1 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1
    Oh no!! He's stalking me :o

There was me thinking I would be safe from the clutches of the Cartman on here :lol:

Seriously Mark, welcome :woot:

10. officer_cartman

PSN:
    officer_cartman
    LES as you know noone is safe from my stalking ability

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    officer_cartman, now that you are frequenting our forums and and we'll be playing you in some upcoming clan matches, it's time to green you up and grant you Ally status. Basically it's our diet membership option for folk who are in other communities. :)

You'll now see a couple of extra forums open up to you and your name has turned the lovely green shade of an Ally.

See you in the warzone/battlefield. :thumbup:

12. officer_cartman

PSN:
    officer_cartman
    thanks martok...
    always like allies unless of course its in a game then you maybe the enemy :P