1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello folks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LesTom1, 8 Jul 2012.

1. LesTom1

LesTom1 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1
    Just registered here folks, after seeing a post from Martok on the http://www.gamingoldies.co.uk site of which I'm a member, give it a look folks.

I'm a 42 year old Scot :o and got relatively late into the PS3 scene, I did however enjoy my Sega Mega Drive back in the days of yore :)

My favourite games are(in no particular order) Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3, although I also enjoy DiRT Showdown, DiRT 3 and the newly acquired Lego Batman 2 :oops:

So it's a hello from me and I hope to see some of you guys online soon. :thumbup:

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our site, LesTom! :thumbup:

You were one of those who posted in my intro over on Gaming Oldies, thanks for the welcome. :)

You've just made a lot of Senior Citizens very happy with that list. :clap: I'm a KZ3 and BF3 player and I've played various Lego games with my daughter. I know Ace and a few others are petrol heads.

So, how long has gaming Oldies been going? I had heard that you are a newish community and that some folk had created it after leaving another community? That's basically our story here in Senior Gamers, we're just over a week old.

So, will you be rallying the troops over on Gaming Oldies for friendly KZ3 and BF3 matches with us? If so, it'd be great to get something sorted soon. :D

3. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    Hi Les,
    Welcome and great to see you. I tried to catch some of you GOs on your server last night but I think I was too early then too late. :lol:

I'll try to catch you online soon. :thumbup:

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Les nice to meet you. Like the choice of games, especially the Lego ones. In fact I havent played a bad Lego game yet, and Im really looking forward to the Lord Of The Rings one at Xmas. Im a big fan of the Uncharted games too, which in my opinion are the very best the PS3 has to offer. Awesome single player and a cracking multiplayer to boot.

It was the humble old Mega Drive that made me switch from PC gaming. I got tired of the patches and crashes and just wanted the damn games to play. Sega really dropped the ball though. How can you go from being the main player to bust?!?!? I switched to the Playstation a) because most of the Nintendo franchises are very childish and platform jumping orientated b) gutted that my Menacer Gun/Mega CD/32X etc etc never got the proper support from Sega that was due.

Saying that I nearly binned Sony altogether due to their continued shabby treatment of the EU market; we're always last to get anything, thats if we get it at all. I only got a PS3 so I could continue to play with these guys, and Ive no regrets.

Anyway, glad to see you over here and hope to get a game with you soon

5. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hello and welcome Les. Make yourself at home

6. LesTom1

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1
    Thanks everyone for the welcome, much appreciated :)

Martok, I can't be sure but, I'm sure Gaming Oldies has been going since November last year, the present site started in April this year, give BaztardoUK or thedamnedunited a shout and they'll be able to tell you for sure. The Gaming Oldies are a very friendly bunch and I'm sure it'll be the same here.
    I'm sure that I'm not the only one to say this, but, it's excellent to be on a games forum where it's populated by like minded and like aged folks :woot:

I really look forward to meeting you guys online for a few games. :thumbup:

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I notice you're 42, and Im 44, and we're the whippersnappers over here!!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

8. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Not from whete I'm sitting you old farts :D

Welcome dude, enjoy your stay :)

9. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Welcome matey, some pretty good games on your list there. Perhaps we can get a Dirt Showdown event going sometime. 3 or 4 of your oldies against 3 or 4 of us oldies? (thats about all there are of us here at the moment that play Showdown, so its hard to get a room up and running without the addition of undesirables coming in and spoiling our fun.

10. LesTom1

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1

I reckon a DiRT Showdown face off between the Seniors and the GO's could be a lot of fun.

11. Ralph1982

Ralph1982 Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ralph1982
    Welcome!!! That's sounds like an amazing plan!!! Demolation all the way!!! :woot:

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    LesTom, as you've returned to our home again and we'll be playing you in some upcoming clan matches, I hereby grant you diet membership of this establishment, otherwise know as Ally status. :)

You'll now see a couple of extra forums open up and you've now gone green, though hopefully that's only in name and not down to beer consumption.

See you in the warzone/battlefield. :thumbup: