1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello fellow smeg heads

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TurboSlug, 2 Jul 2012.

1. TurboSlug

TurboSlug Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    TurboSlug
    Hello TurboSlug beaming down and looking for Ally status.

My first spawn point was 41 years ago and I have set up base camp in the depths of Surrey, until further notice, I currently obtain credits by carrying out tasks for a major manufacturer of fossil burning machines which are largely fitted to two wheeled personal transportation systems that many humans tend to operate at extreme velocities, I also enjoy exploring the planets marine life with the aid of the ingenious self contained underwater breathing apparatus! and have a keen interest in the developments of emerging technologies this planet is currently producing.

I was there at the birth of video gaming and have watched it grow and flourish into the money making beast it is today :roll: , past consoles include SNES, PS1, PS2 and currently the mighty PS3 and PSP.

I can't promise that future posts will make much more sense, but those who know me will confirm this is not unusual, but I will happily exchange virtual bullets, paint, lasers, rockets etc... in a friendly game of something I own.

So prod away and I hope to see you before the apocalypse, just make sure you have your towel with you.

2. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Turbo good of you to drop in. Great post too. I currently live on the site courtesy of tapatalk from Android (other platforms available). Give it a try, it's great.

Anyway back on topic. Are you going to join us on Killzone 3 soon? We're pining. Ok, well missing you at least :D

Do we vouch for allies? If we do he has mine 8-)

3. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Turbo, nice to see you and welcome.

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I'm sure I've seen Turbo before ;) .

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Turbo. Everyone knows Turbo so I reckon he wont need any vouches!! :wave:

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Lovely intro Turbo, another familiar person :)

7. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hello Turbo :wave:

Yet another familiar face to grace the halls of the SNR's :thumbup:

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, Turbo! :D

Now, where the hell have you been?! :grandpa:

There we all are, week after week on Killzone 3 and every time to stand us up. OK, your PS3 broke at one but we've seen you online since then and still you have shunned us. Don't you love us anymore? :cry:

Glad you found us over here. So, you would like Ally status? Well, I'm sure we can do that for you, you're well known enough by folk over here. You'll have to come back and post again though and tell us some more details of your gaming first. :evil:

So, do tell us a bit more about your Playstation gaming over the years. We all know you play Killzone (and we hope you'll be on this week?). What else have you played over the years? Any favourites? What about duff games you regret picking up?

I've had the pleasure of meeting Turbo and the lovely Mrs Turbo. If I recall it was in the Marquis of Granby on Carnaby Street in London for an OAP mini-meet a few years back. Top guy and he certainly gets my vouch. :thumbup:

9. TurboSlug

TurboSlug Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    TurboSlug
    What a warm welcome, as warm as the puddle I'm sat in right now!

Ah blessed is the PlayTV for you will make people think you're online when you're actually in another country enjoying a nice earthquake :lol: and yes a few PS3's later and all seems to be stable.....for now! however fret not Chancellor Martok I'll be on KZ this Wednesday eve.

Let me offer a different reply to you're Playstation question with my gaming first, that would be Pong on an early home console who's name escapes me, but gaming highlights have got to be wasting hours on Nintendo's Donkey Kong Game and Watch as a nipper :D, Gandstands Firefox with it's well worn and squeaky fire button, long nights of Street Fighter and of all things Unirally on the SNES, and I laugh now when I look back to how awestruck me and a friend were at the draw distances on Jumping Flash when you jumped to another platform :lol: Playstation wise not sure I have any duff games although I did buy Rise of the Robots :oops: but all time defining moment for me was discovering first person shooters in the form of Killzone and the online shenanigans that came with it, I'd steered clear of them until that point!

The name of the pub escapes me as many a beer was dispatched, but I suspect you're right, but you forget our most recent meet in Oxford! I'm pretty sure we still have a couple of rocket balloon's somewhere?

Nanoo nanoo

EDIT: just found on YouTube!!!

10. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Rise of the Robots was cool! Myself and my brother beat each other to death on that game although certain moves where outlawed as the shared keyboard only worked with four keys max. :?

Glad to here we'll be seeing you on Killzone later, yay! My recollection of Oxford is slightly muddy. I remember being ravaged by Claw as I arrived and Herman looking dapper in his checked shirt. :oops: Oh and vaguely didn't someone lose their phone?

I've taken the liberty of greening you up.

Abs

11. TurboSlug

TurboSlug Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    TurboSlug
    I only remember Hermans Bender from Futurama Tshirt, and as i recall it was Jonah who lost his phone!

Thanks for the membership and i'm looking forward to a friendly match before too long!

12. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    That was the Oxford meet :) Welcome Slug :D

13. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi Turboslug, long time no see....welcome :)