Hello Everyone!

SloRideBob

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
What a treat to find this forum!!! I am 55 years old and love to game. My favorite games are anything with Assassin's Creed in the name, Destiny, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost Recon Wildlands, ect. The list is pretty extensive. If it involves open world, count me in. I've been gaming since the early days of personal computers. My 4 siblings and I would wait our turns at the closest Sears and Roebuck store waiting our turn at Pong. Early Atari Computers and Game Systems, Tandy Color Computer III, the very first desktop PCs, and on and on and on until today: where I am still actively involved in console gaming with my PS4 Pro. I was huge into PC gaming for years and years doing the whole SWG and LOTRO experiences. Not so much into PC gaming anymore. I still build and maintain my own PCs and home networking devices. I found you guys by a simple google search and could't sign up fast enough. How exciting! Anyway, I work for a living, ride my Goldwing for life, and game for a full time hobby. SloRideBob is my handle for most anything online. I'm on my PS4 most every day....

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome ☺
The majority of us are from the UK so most of us are probably tucked up in bed under an electric blanket as it's nearly 2 am.
Having said that we do have a few Americans here floating around somewhere.
I really enjoyed Ghost recon wildlands, it was awesome.
Youll find a bunch still playing Destiny but Elite Dangerous seems to be drawing a lot of attention since release.
Give it a few hours and some of the others will be about to give you a bit of a prod, I'm still up because I was watching Tenno live on YouTube, It's a Warframe thing.
See you soon.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @SloRideBob nice to have you on board.
I'm a big Destiny fan as well. I've got the deluxe edition of D2 on preorder.
Anyway, make yourself at home, and may see you about (I'm in the UK and don't tend to game late).

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @SloRideBob :waving:

Nice intro, good to hear about your gaming past. I went the other way with early gaming consoles by getting an Intellivision with its groundbreaking "3D graphics" :lol: I've never really done much PC gaming (only a bit on the ZX81 and ZX Spectrum), I have stuck with PlayStation through all of its iterations (though no PS4 Pro yet, just the standard one).

As others have said, we're mostly UK-based with some European members too though we do have some US members such as @Pernarcale and @Lectron17. Some of us do play late UK time at times so you may catch others if you can game early on.

Have you ever played the original or other early versions of Elite? If so and you liked it, you'd love Elite Dangerous which has got a bunch of us hooked at the moment. Others are still enjoying Destiny and are looking forward to the forthcoming sequel.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here at Senior Gamers. Do look around, join in discussions on the forums, post some of your own and hopefully you'll get to meet some of us online. :)

Lectron17

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet ya SlowRideBob.. btw.. Love your tag! I actually played SWG but a few months later they did that not-so-popular update and all my guildmates moved on to greener pastures. I did however play Lotro and really enjoyed the game. Anywhose welcome and great to have ya with us.

SloRideBob

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome messages. I look forward to seeing any or all of you online. For my British friends, there are times when I'm quite the night owl, especially on my days off, so if you see my gamer handle on PSN, look me up...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
SWG had me hooked for a while but yeah, Dangerous Deadly Elite is where it is at until Destiny 2. Welcome!

SloRideBob

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Welcome @SloRideBob nice to have you on board.
I'm a big Destiny fan as well. I've got the deluxe edition of D2 on preorder.
Anyway, make yourself at home, and may see you about (I'm in the UK and don't tend to game late).
I also have D2 on preorder.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @SloRideBob! I'm another ex-SWG player (was on Euro-Chimera), it was a great game! I'm currently on Destiny, so might catch you on that or D2 when it launches.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello @SloRideBob and welome!

You can find me on psn playing; gta, battlefield or wipeout.
At the moment I cannot decide if i'm going to play another destiny or not.
So the preorder of D2 is on hold for me. ;)
But I'll add you anyhow to my FriendsList on PSN?

see you soon

SloRideBob

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hello @SloRideBob and welome!

You can find me on psn playing; gta, battlefield or wipeout.
At the moment I cannot decide if i'm going to play another destiny or not.
So the preorder of D2 is on hold for me. ;)
But I'll add you anyhow to my FriendsList on PSN?

see you soon
You betcha! Looking forward to seeing you online...