1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yt_dragon, 7 Jan 2016.

1. yt_dragon

yt_dragon Casual Gamer

PSN:
    yt_dragon
    Just found the site on Facebook and signed up. I am 53 and my wife tells me that I am too old for video games to which I politely reply that age ain't nothin' but a number!! Recently purchased a PS4 (still have my PS3, too!) Love playing Fallout series (playing Fallout 4 on the PS4 and Fallout New Vegas on the PS3), Assassin's Creed (Syndicate and Black Flag), Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Destiny, and many others actually. I work for the Department of State and am currently assigned in Eastern Europe. My PSN ID is yt_dragon so drop a note here or on-line!

Lectron17 and zoob like this.
  2. Bogus4Real

Bogus4Real Help with spellign, anyone!?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bogus4Real
    Welcome Mr @yt_dragon!
    I can see that we don't play the same games (I mostly play Battlefront and Battlefield), but it's always nice with a new face!

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to Senior Gamers, @yt_dragon :wave:

You are definitely not too old for video games! Gaming keeps your mind active and young, you tell her that! Oh and you're not the oldest here either. :)

So, you found us via Facebook? How did you come across us on there? I think you're the first person who has discovered us via that.

We've got a bunch of folks here who play on the PS4 and some still play on the PS3 too. You have a good selection of games to keep you going there. :) I'm enjoying Fallout 4 (I've played Black Flag and that was fun). I played Destiny but stopped that a while back but there's a bunch of folks who still play it especially with the new content. Warframe is my personal favourite (800+ hours, though not as much as @WetPaintGaming who has 2000+ hours and I think @Skarpar has around the same too) - it's a free game too, worth a try if you haven't already. Star Wars Battlefront is well played by a bunch around here too. Battlefield has it's die-hards like @Bogus4Real. :)

A bunch of us are from the UK but we also have some European members as well as a few in the US and in New Zealand, so hopefully you should find some of us gaming at the same time as you.

Anyway, have a look around the site and feel free to join in both here and online. :)

Bogus4Real likes this.
  4. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hello and welcome @yt_dragon I'm one of the few remaining Destiny die-hards, my main game at the moment.
    Not really got into Fallout, but I did have another go at Fallout 3 last night on the PS3. I think it's going to take a while to get used to the mechanics and I did think the graphics were quite meh, but then it is quite an old game now! I have New Vegas still in the shrink wrap as well.
    Make yourself at home and I'll probably see you about!

zoob likes this.
  5. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Hola & welcome!
    I'm a recent addition to the Destiny Clan & yet to try a raid though leveling up furiously just now so please do add me. :)

6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. I'm ever so nearly 48 myself and I never give being too old a second thought. Friends request in the post.

7. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Welcome CIA analyst, spying on the Russians. :)

zoob likes this.
  8. Pernarcale

Pernarcale I'm proudly me!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pernarcale
    Hello @yt_dragon and welcome to Senior Gamers.

9. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Hello,
    Nice to see Syndicate player, I have been hammering away at it for a while now and slowly but surely getting through it.

zoob likes this.
  10. Lectron17

Lectron17 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Lectron17
    Welcome ...As your senior I can tell ya age is only a state of mind.My wife and I still rock gaming. I love your game line-up,awesome stuff. Anywhose..Nice to meet ya ;)

zoob likes this.
  11. NVranya

NVranya Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    NVranya
    Like the others have said: you're never too old for games!
    Welcome, a FR is on the way!

zoob likes this.
  12. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
  13. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm

PSN:
    DrewePeacock