The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LSD-39, 20 Aug 2012.

1. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to join you guys for some fun on the PS3 :). I've visited here a few times and thought about signing up but never got around to it, but recently i've seen some of Martok's posts on the Official Playstation Forum and i've seen the SNR tag whilst playing Battlefield 3 which reminded me to pay you another visit.

Everyone calls me LSD but my name is Pete, i'm from Yorkshire aged 40, Married father of two.

I'm currently playing BF3, but also looking forward to Borderlands 2. I used to use the XBOX but gave up on it a few years back and converted to PS3, although my kids still use an XBOX upstairs. I do my gaming in our lounge on the big tv so luckily we have Sky and the missus can record all her programs lol.

I know you guys are not concerned with stats in BF3 and such but i'd say I take it fairly seriously, in as much as i'd prefer to win. I have fun in the game also, but generally while capping flags and getting on with the main job. I don't mind guys just having a laugh in the game etc, as long as you don't mind me going off to grab the objective while you carry on arsing about. Don't be offended by that it's just my personality and I think its best to be honest about it upfront.

Do I still qualify? Let the poking and prodding commence! :D I've got to go out for an appointment now though but i'll be back this evening. Nice to meet you all.

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Hi Pete,

Great to see another big BF3 player here. I'm probably one of the more serious players here with just over 300 hours under my belt....not a patch on your time played!!

Anyway, just because we play for fun doesn't mean we don't play the objective, you'll always find me playing the objective as do most of us here, not so much arsing about, we just don't resort to the "anything for the win" attitude that a lot of Battlefield players do, so we don't do things like spawn trapping...cos lets face it, it's no fun for either team.

You will find some of us occasionally distracted by assignments and such so not concentrating so much on objectives as much as we should, but that's all part of the fun.

Looking forward to Borderlands 2 - that sounds like most of us here too, along with the upcoming Need for Speed game (which we've realised is basically Burnout Paradise with a NFS tag)

Chuck me a friends request when you get a chance and i'll hunt you down when i'm online next to have a game together.

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to SNR, LSD! :D

So my posts over on the PS Forums haven't put you off! :lol: Where have you seen us playing on BF3, was it a visit to our server (if not, search for SNR or Senior Gamers and you'll find it) or was it in another server?

A northerner and 40, both of those are a big plus in my book. :thumbup: Yes, you've guessed it, I'm a northerner too (though living down south) and I'm 45. I'm not the oldest here though, that'll be Ace. I think he's about 108. ;)

Regarding BF3 and stats, we also like to win and we do like our stats, we just don't go all-out to up our wins and k/d ratio at the expense of enjoying the game. We generally don't arse around much either and work well in squads, so it sounds like you'll fit in on that front. :)

Good to hear you're looking forward to Borderlands2. Quite a few are here too, so you'll have a bunch of folk to play co-op with (which is the best way to play the game). We may have some Borderlands 1 sessions in the coming weeks as a refresher for those who played it already and for folk new to the game and have PS Plus.

I'm assuming from your post that you are after our Full Fat Membership? This is for folk who want to become full members and agree to fly the [SNR] tag in online games. If so, then we'd like to play a game online with you (with comms, an essential in BF3). Once that's done and after some prodding and poking by others in this thread, you'd become a full member (Senior Citizen) and have access to all our forums, chat system etc.

Anyway, if you're on tonight we could meet up on BF3 for a few games. I'll chuck you a Friends Request when I log in this evening. :)

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Pete, nice to meet you.

As Col said, its not all about the winning here. We like to win, but prefer to have a good time. Thats some impressive stats youve got there (for the sake of everyone reading, click here).

As you can see by my paltry stats below in my sig, Im not quite up to your standard, although Col Sonders and jandt381 are a bit more hardcore. Im guessing by the fact youve unlocked pretty much everything in BF3 that you havent much played too much of anything else??!?!? :lol:

I think its fair to say that we cater for everyone here over at Seniors, be you casual or hardcore, skilled or novice. Bung me a Friends request and we'll get together at some point. The way things work around here is you spend a night with us gaming, and if you're happy then its a welcome to the Seniors!!

5. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Welcome LSD,

As other's have said we like to have fun but play the objectives as well without feeling the need to spawn lock and pound the opposition. We tend to find that good communication interspersed with chatting about whatever is the best way to play. Oh and watch your back if you end up on the opposing side to Martok who's got a rather large dogtag collection considering the number of hours he's played; mostly mine and Herman's.

Personally I'm a player of a good number of games with a penchant for platformers but can also often be found on Battlefield regularly. Borderlands 2 is very much on my radar after platinuming (is that a word?) the first title and playing all of it's DLC. :thumbup: I'm quite looking forward to the recently announced Puppeteer and eagerly awaiting the release of Zen Pinball 2.

BF3 is going to last us all a good while with the excellent DLC and many of us being Premium owners but are there any other games currently on your radar?

Hope to get a game with you soon,

Abs

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Good afternoon pete, welcome to our home.

I arse around on battlefield quite a bit. Nothing like trying to kill someone with a defribulator or chasing an enemy tank with some C4 or a sonic screwdriver in your hand. Most of the time it ends badly but when I do get dogtags or a special kill it feels soooooooo good, ....... I do get killed lots on battlefield, but I do try to capture flags, blow up mcom stations and win games.
    I even got a M.O.M the other night which was quite unusual for me. I dont like to lose games, but couldn't give a toss about my kill to death ratio, which probably makes me a better conquest than rush player and a lousy TD player.
    I dont supose you are an early evening gamer? Unfortunetly i go to bed shortly after the others SNRs come online which looks a bit rude, but I have a very early start each morning and saturday is my only late gaming night.
    I'll soon be getting Borderlands 2, Medal of honour warfighter and NFS most wanted , but dont know if any of them will take my attension away from Armoured Kill for very long.

If you do decide you want one of these .....
    [​IMG]

Then send me a friends request , i'm on virtually every night from about 6.30 - 9.30.

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Nice one Ace just seen something else that needs tweaking and I really must add that medal count as well. :thumbup:

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I told you Ace was old! It's not Man Of the Match, Ace, it's MVP! :lol:

9. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I got a MOM the other night, but that's a different story.

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I only get a MOM once a week nowadays. ;) Its what happens when you get over 50. :grandpa:
    BTW Halo, when will the final sig version be ready to use ? I'm obviously keeping my special in house sig version but would like to use your official one on other sites that I visit.

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Dude,

Welcome,

How did you come up with LSD-39? Is that what you took and the length of time you were off your tits? Was you listening to this?

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I was hoping to be on tonight, but theres beta testing tomorrow, then next day, and the next day (talk about notice eh :roll: :lol: ). Theres no way the boss'll go for it, so enjoy the games with the others tonight!!*

* if you can make it yourself of course!! ;)

13. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya LSD, welcome to SNR.

We're a fun bunch and play like it. But that doesn't mean we aren't competitive. I'm a petrolhead myself, but I like BF3 as well (http://youtu.be/k80j4_hwU6E)

So I think you found the right place with the right people. If you don't mind foreign accents that is. Acegadgets has the worst one, can't understand a thing when he starts rambling ;)

Anyhoo, make yourself at home and I'll see you online :thumbup:

14. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    :) Thanks for all your replies and the very warm welcome, I appreciate it. I'd love to fly the flag for SNR in games and i'd use the forum signature proudly. I understand what you're all saying about behaving myself in the game because it's important to lead by example when displaying the SNR tag, as my actions are a reflection on the group. People often forget the names of bad players but they always remember the clan tag. I won't let you down there.

@ Herman lol yes you're on the right track with the guess about how I got the name LSD, i'd rather leave it at that, and when I get asked I normally make up a completely different story, e.g if you google it you'll find that "LSD-39" was the name of a retired US Navy ship the USS Mount Vernon that was built in Boston M.A. in 1972 - the year I was born. That's a better story so i'll use that ;)

I've played on your server before and had a few great games, it's fab that you have your own place I look forward to playing there again. I love Conquest above all so recently i've been playing on official Epic Battles servers which is where I bumped into one of your guys yesterday. Actually he was on the enemy team so we didn't squad up.

This looks like a great friendly place, I hope I can earn my membership. I'll join your server if there's a space later and i'll go and dig out my headset. :) Sorry if I missed any questions.

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good stuff, I hope to see you online later. :)

Ooh, I've neglected to ask you about your gaming past! When did you first start gaming? What computers/consoles have you played on over the years and what games have you played? I started with the ZX81 and then ZX Spectrum with games like Jet Set Willy and Lords of Midnight., then on to the PS1, PS2 and PS3 of course. Lots of games on these including Killzone, Uncharted and of course Bad Company & BF3.

Anyway, do tell us a bit about this, us oldies do like to reminisce. :)

16. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Just checking if I can post from the PS3 browser (fingers crossed).

I never had a Spectrum although I did have a go on one at a mates house once. My first machine was a VIC 20, I think it was made by Commodore, and later I had a Commodore 64. I can't remember any game titles but there was a cool game on the VIC 20 which was a side scrolling plane descending ever lower above a city with skyscrapers.

The only way to avoid the impending crash was to drop bombs from the plane with the space bar. It was loads of fun but then the C64 was a massive leap forwards. I loved to dabble with the basic programming language that came with the supplied book. I made some disgusting and obscene sprites that scrolled across the screen like a screen saver.

Lol, the good old days. The thing I remember most was the power pack, which used to get hot, then very hot, then very hot with a buzzing noise, then go nuclear hot before failing. I went through loads of those :)

17. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi and welcome to the snr site.

I'm sure you'll like it here as they're a great bunch to play with :thumbup:

18. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Have I said to you how much I love you Rog? :thumbup:

19. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Not recently (bastard) :rofl:

20. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    I love you nutter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice