Hello all (or Hej alla in swedish or Hej alle in danish)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello all!

I don't know if you got any members representing the great country of Sweden, but If you don't, I for sure would like to be that member! (And if you do, I actually live in the not so great country of Denmark, so I can represent that country to. Or both.)
I'm an 38 years old teacher with a non-gaming wife and to kids. I've been playing computer games since Commodore 64 and been into online FPS since Modern Warfare 2. The last couple of years, I solely have been dedicated to the Battlefield series (first BC2 and now BF3). As soon as I get my PS4, I will be playing BF4.
Before my FPS days, I played a lot of driving games on my now dead XBOX 360.
I've met some of you guys online a few times, and you always seems to be friendly and having a good time, so here I am, looking for membership. Me and my mates already got our own clan NoobsForLife (NFL), so I am only applying for standard membership, but I'm looking forward to play and debate with you all!!

Greatings!
/Bogus

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Bogus, welcome to Senior Gamers. :)

So, you've met some of our members on BF3? Would that be either @ColSonders or @DrewePeacock who are a couple of our stalwarts on the game, or any others?

You've been gaming for a little while then if you played on the C64. Are there any memorable games you played on this? What other consoles have you played on since then? Any favourite games for these?

Are NoobsForLife a BF3 clan or are you a community with a website? How many of you are in the clan? We're looking at having a few BF3 matches with other communities in the run-up to BF4.

Do feel free to have a look around our website, join in/start any conversations you would like. Also do look at our Media Gallery which has a growing collection of stuff including Battlefield videos and the funny BFF series.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hej Bogus!

Good to see you've found your way here! @Sportsvee, @NitaNitro5 and I had some good games with you last night. :1thumbup:

Welcome to SNR, and I'm sure I'll see you on the Battlefield soon! :2thumbsup:

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks! Yesterday, I met DrewePeacook with wife and Sportsvee. We had a couple of great BF3 games and laughs together. I've playing a lot at Gaming Oldies server, and I am pretty sure that I've met some of you there to (don't remember any names thou).
NFL isn't really a clan, it's more like 5 friends and work mates that play together. We haven't played any matches, and actually, it's not what NFL is about. Some of us were in Sweden Battlefield Group (SBG) before and got a bit fed up with competing mentality there. But... If you need a player for a match, I gladly switch tag for an evening ;)
On the C64, International Karate must be the best memory. Still remember the smashing sound when you got down on one knee and striked the other poor guy in the groines... That game just had a fantastic feeling to it!!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Bogus. The locals here are nice people indeed. They don't pick on foreigners at all. Instead you get a cool nickname like Laggy B or Crazy Dutch B ;).
But all kidding aside, make yourself at home and I'll see you online soon.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Bogus and a very warm welcome to you. Look forward to meeting you online!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi ya Bogus, good to see ya again.
Yep was a good session on the weekend and really enjoyed it.

I remember playing International Karate at the arcades back in the day, then on the Atari (I think). Classic game.

Look forward to seeing ya around and gaming again with ya.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Bogus and welcome to the SNRs, I'll be getting back into battlefield in the near future so you'll almost certainly be collecting my dog tags pretty soon.
What time of the day do you generally play online as I play a bit earlier than most of the other Brits.

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, It differs a bit, I'm a family man you know... Usually, I play tuesday nights, beginning at 9 pm and a few hours from there. Other from that, I play when I get the opportunity. Right now I tend to have a lot of opportunities, because my lovely wife is dead tired in the evenings.

I add you on PSN next time I'm on :)

Does SNR got there own server?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We did have until recently . I would think we will get one for BF4.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We did have until recently . I would think we will get one for BF4.
I don't think many of us will be as willing to pay the silly prices they want for a permanent server for BF4, though no doubt we'll still grab them occasionally for one off events.

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ok, that's understandable. Thanks for answers :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As has been said, we did have a BF3 server, which we rented for around 9 months. It's just too ridiculously expensive though to keep going, especially since they put the prices up. I believe it's now £59.99 for 90 days!!

These days we just jump into open servers and if we fancy a one-off session with some other communities (either just for some fun or for a friendly match) then we'll rent a one-day server for £1.49.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't know if you've seen, but we have a weekly BF3 event on a Thursday night. I've just set up the event for it on the forum, so come along if you can make it!

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be pleased if I lose my permanent spot in the squad!!!

Bloody new fangled people who can shoot straight!
According to your stats, you shoot better than me... ;)

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome on board Bogus. See you on the field.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I always like to see BF3 fans!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be pleased if I lose my permanent spot in the squad!!!

Bloody new fangled people who can shoot straight!
Well your safe from us two then :gamer: