• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Helldivers

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bought this today. 20% off as PS+ plus Sony gave away an extra 10% off code just for today only.
My first reactions were meh after I saw pictures and videos. But its had some really good reviews so I watched a couple of Twitch streams and that was it. This game is a must have. Don't take my word for it, go and have a look at a live stream yourself. The draw is the bite size co-op missions with the loot rewards. The game has some really good unlocks. It also has a really excellent online leaderboard/community integration just like Dead Nation. And best of all its cross buy. So that means I can play with my mate @zoob on the ps3 too.
Anyways, its a big :1thumbup: from me. Really good game.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Excellent. I had thought it was PS4 only but if ps3 or vita, I is in. :)

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks good. Wonder if it's cheaper on the US site? So many games so little time.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
DON'T TURN OFF THAT CONTROLLER!! :shock:

Lets hope they fix this problem soon though

Arrowhead's latest top-down action arcade game Helldivers has launched with a series of bugs - and not the fun to kill splattery kind. One of these is particularly egregious as it wipes players' progress when their controllers die.

Well, technically it overwrites their progress when they reconnect, so you'd best not save when that happens. Arrowhead has acknowledged the problem on thePlayStation forums and Reddit with the following advice:

"We found an issue related to the controller dropping its connection to the game and then when you reconnect, the game spawns your avatar before it manages to load your old save. This results in what looks like lost progress, and often results in progress being lost if you let the game finish its save.

"What we are doing about it: We have fixed this specific occurrence and are investigating other ways that save data might get reset as we are seeing reports of unrelated save reset issues. The fix for this specific issue will be in patch 1.03.

"What you can do about it: Make sure your controller has a full charge when you start playing. Don't switch controllers if you battery is running low, just connect it to a cable, and wait until you are on the bridge and done with saving before switching to another controller.

"If this issue should occur, restarting the game without saving will cause it to try and download the cloud save next time you start it up. This may solve the issue, but will not work if you have managed to save since you got reset."

Hopefully it won't be long before Arrowhead can squash these bugs. In the meantime, Chris Donlan recommends you go ahead and squash some bugs yourself. Or perhaps USGamer's Jaz Rignall if you're unlucky.
Source: EuroGamer.net

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Excellent. I had thought it was PS4 only but if ps3 or vita, I is in. :)

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this can be a 2 player game or is it only multiplayer via online network

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know it has at least two player local co-op. I say at least, because I only had one extra controller connected. It looks like you can play online with the local players too, which is cool. Which means a mix of online and local all together.
I love this game. Give me a shout if you get it. I'll help you unlock some of the vehicles.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just what i wanted to hear. This is going on the list. Thanks @Slaine

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ and I have been playing this today, it's really quite good fun. Would be good to play this with some other Seniors now that it's free on PS Plus.
Apparently there is an event section? ;) x

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ps still haven't tried it on a big screen.
Game though. :)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ and I have been playing this today, it's really quite good fun. Would be good to play this with some other Seniors now that it's free on PS Plus.
Just after you logged off there was an alert on Warframe for the Amoured agility mod :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a crack at this with @Martok and @HaloJ , 'Twas a hoot even if @HaloJ is a bit of a team killer. :D
Says she who killed herself and others with grenades, squashed us with drop pods and kept setting me alight with a flame thrower. :lol:

@HaloJ is a team killer though. When we're were playing before you joined us she shot me when she put here controller on her legs and she grenaded me when she put the controller on the arm of the sofa. She's just so heavy-handed. ;)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Strafing across the line of sight of an innocent ammo conscious sniper brings risk as I'm concentrating on the target not you. ;) Although choosing the wrong direction and getting us all burnt to death and losing the round I admit was my fault. :D

Last night's disaster of a mission. It opens with @Plaxinator grenading @Martok followed by me getting confused about left/right when getting them back plus much more disaster including the obligatory drop pod crushing. :D Oh and my apologies for the brutal TK at the 6:20 mark. i just shot an enemy attacking the capture point and only saw your character moving directly towards the capture point; the shot was purely a defensive reaction. :D

Abs x

Last edited: