• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Hardline delayed to 2015

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ea have announced battlefield hardline will be delayed to 2015, while this may not bother me or indeed others would that have a knock on effect for potential future battlefield titles such as 5?
If hardline is released in March surely 5 wouldn't be released later in the year, hmmmm!

BF Hardline & Dragon Age 3 Delayed

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If it delays any future release of BF5 then that's great! BF4 is only 8 months old and it's still not perfect. EA /Dice need to focus on that and extending i's longevity, the last thing we need is them churning out a new version every year.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
the last thing we need is them churning out a new version every year.
If they can get the game working as intended without introducing new issues and bringing lag back every time they release DLC I don't really mind so much, though I don't think I'd get every title if they did, or maybe i'd skip the DLC.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hopefully DICE have learnt their lesson now, and they will TEST things before they are released. I know that the DLC is still buggy on BF4, but the fact that they released the game before it was ready has had a knock on effect in my opinion. People are shouting for the DLC to be released, then moan when it's not perfect.

BF5 and Battlefront should be released after extensive testing a la Destiny. It's common sense, but the suits at EA clearly want to capitalize on the brand. I just hope DICE have got the balls to say "it's not ready yet".

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aw, Dragon Age pushed back :o

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wont be getting it at all. Didnt like the beta and BF4 still isnt right.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I decided to skip Hardline a while back and carry on playing BF4 until Planetside 2 is ready to download.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not heard of half of these games:)

Just waiting (patiently) for gt7 and bf5... The rest I don't care about

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wont be getting it at all. Didnt like the beta and BF4 still isnt right.
Pretty much my thoughts on it too.

I would like to see DICE get things right, currently they're still screwing up when they release new content.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I read this morning that EA would also like to stall the release of Battlefront too, so its in line with the release of the new film. Thats Xmas 2015 to all you non Star Wars fans. Bit of a bummer.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Should give them time to make it playable.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.
Battlefront is one I'm hanging out for. Surely it would be better to release it before the film to help build hype (as if its needed) and then BOOM, film time.

Jyst saying.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's being made by them who made Medal of Honour.
EA said that they didn't want to slap a Star Wars skin over Battlefield, But that's what everyone wants! :(Who wouldn't want to see @Acegadgets get constantly pwned by an Ewoks pointy stick or watch @NitaNitro5 park an ATAT in a tree?
I don't have much hope for Battlefront.

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Didnt Dice do the multiplayer for the last MOH game? The singleplayer was pretty good, and far surpassed the multiplayer. Anyway, Im such a Star Wars geek you could stick a skin over Putty Squad and I'd be happy.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think MoH was done by Danger Close and the last two I have loved and if they are making Battlefront I'll definitely buy it.

I also think they took the best bits from MoH and put them on BC2 which is basically what BF3 and BF4 is.

Oh and I didn't enjoy Hardline beta got bored fast, bf4 really has put me off EA and as most have said it still isn't 100% you would think after BF3 which was tbh also like this they would have learnt from it.

Last edited:

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not heard of half of these games:)

Just waiting (patiently) for gt7 and bf5... The rest I don't care about
As a Battlefield player myself, Planetside 2 is the game that could and should take over from Battlefield. It's a Free 2 Play game by Sony Entertainment and they say it's the first really good f2p game on PS4 which does acually feel like a AAA title.

It's currently being optimised for PS4 with high end ultra PC settings, 1080p and 60fps. Like BF, it has Infantry fighting and vehicles. 3 factions fight on the same map over territory like a massive conquest game. It has 2000 players on a map and 12 man squads which is the biggest advantage as a community game. It's been available on PC for a while and recieved 19 Game of the Year awards on release.

Well, there's my sell to you all, look out for a Gamescom announcement for release date.;)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I loved playing the original Planetside with friends. We often just played an entire evening just (re)capturing/defending the same tower. Not because it was needed for any gamepurpose, but because we could! :D

With F2P this'll be a no-brainer to get :1thumbup:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Excuse me? The first really good free to play on the PS4 which feels like a AAA game?

Good sir, may I direct your attention to Warframe. :hmm: