Half of all gamers are women

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its true, according to the latest report by The Entertainment Software Association.....

Gamespot said:
New report from industry group also finds adult women a more significant portion of game-playing population than boys 17 and under.
A new report from The Entertainment Software Association has found that women make up nearly half (45 percent) of all gamers. The findings are part of the 2013 Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Game Industry, conducted by Ipsos MediaCT and based on a poll of more than 2,000 "nationally representative" households.
The report also found that adult women (31 percent) represent a "significantly" greater portion of the gamer population that boys 17 and younger (19 percent). In addition, according to the group's findings, women are 46 percent of the time the most frequent game purchasers.
The report also highlighted trends regarding how closely parents monitor what their children purchase. According to the findings, parents are present when games are purchased 89 percent of the time, while children receive parents' permission to purchase or rent a game 80 percent of the time.
Overall, 52 percent of parents believe video games are a positive part of their child's life.
Other notable findings from the Essential Facts report include 58 percent of all Americans describing themselves are gamers in one way or another. In addition, 51 percent of all United States households own a dedicated game console; and those that do, own an average of two.
The full report is available at the ESA website.
So I have two questions....
  1. Does this explain why my shirts arent ironed?
  2. Why is it such a sausage fest over here in Seniors?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I accept that. There are two gamers in this house, and at least one of them is a woman.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bullshit! I'm 2 halves gamer and niether half Is woman.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yea of little faith. I fully believe that they surveyed a representative sample of the population. Read the small print on adverts for the likes of moisturiser. They make claims like "87%* of women notice results in just 2 hours"

*From a survey of 23 people

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
We have loads of women gamers here Plaxinator, HaloJ and Acegadgets just to name a few.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Saw a similar report on this last year, but it mentioned that for the most part women preferred playing games on their smartphones as opposed to a games console or PC.