• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi H1Z1

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

SOE has just released more information on its upcoming F2P zombie MMO H1Z1. In a letter posted to Reddit just moments ago, President John Smedley explained his vision for the game. "It's a massively multiplayer game in which players fight for survival in a world where death is the only sure thing," he writes. Set in middle America with a distinct zombie flavor, the game will be a sandbox with a "deep crafting system" with which "players can build shelters out of resources in the world" and "work together to make amazing fortresses complete with weaponry to help defend against both the Infected and other players."

How is the game different from the multitudes of other kill-or-be-killed post-apoc zombie sandboxes already in existence? Smed says it's a persistent MMO with thousands of players and different rulesets, a strong economy, open looting in PvP, access to devs, an emphasis on "player ownership and building," and cool tech borrowed from PlanetSide 2. The studio plans to have a player-playable version within four to six weeks; it will fall under the $15 All Access Pass and have microtransactions but will not be P2W. has just released more information on its upcoming F2P zombie MMO H1Z1. In a letter posted to Reddit just moments ago, President John Smedley explained his vision for the game. "It's a massively multiplayer game in which players fight for survival in a world where death is the only sure thing," he writes. Set in middle America with a distinct zombie flavor, the game will be a sandbox with a "deep crafting system" with which "players can build shelters out of resources in the world" and "work together to make amazing fortresses complete with weaponry to help defend against both the Infected and other players."

Source.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Could be interesting!

I'd like to see a microtransaction model like Dota2 in one of these games where you get zero advantage for paid items, if anything you're put at a minor disadvantage using them and they're purely for kudos.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It is an annoyance of modern gaming that you have to see the financial arrangements for a game before you can start to get excited. While FTP isnt all bad, in many cases is a complete misnomer, playing a game is more than just pushing the console controller buttons, it is about the overall gaming experience. This is something that Warframe has got right, you really can play it for free, surprisingly.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be am early adopter of H1Z1 I'm currently playing DayZ, DayZ Mod (Epoch) and War Z all zombie survival games and all different.

Lol, DOTA2 and Warframe all use a great microtransaction system as Col and Yinkin have said above you can actually play for free and you have zero advantage for buying items other then getting something faster. Games with micro transactions make money this was but if it's popular the majority will pay for something. Heck I have spent almost £100 on League alone and have only played it for 3 months lol. Although I have played a little DOTA2 I can't seem to get into it like LoL.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From what i've heard League of Legends is a pay to win game, it's actually not possible to do end game stuff without paying, DOTA2 is the polar opposite but makes far less money.

Unfortunately the route that makes the most money is likely to become the more popular model as the devs/publishers make more money.

All that aside though I do like the idea of a PS4 only zombie survival game, made and optimised for one system this could easily be the better game given just how good some of Sony's in house games turn out to be. (assuming it's not being developed for PC that is)

It'd be nice if it came in a different flavour than wilderness with the odd group of houses though, a city centric zombie apocalypse game would be cool.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All that aside though I do like the idea of a PS4 only zombie survival game, made and optimised for one system this could easily be the better game given just how good some of Sony's in house games turn out to be. (assuming it's not being developed for PC that is)
It is for PC too.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is a very pleasant surprise. Cant wait to see this one.

Incidentally, over 2 thirds of people who played Warframe have done so without spending a penny. And its now officially a commercial success. Hopefully the chaps at SOE will adopt the same business model, as clearly it works.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be am early adopter of H1Z1 I'm currently playing DayZ, DayZ Mod (Epoch) and War Z all zombie survival games and all different..
War Z, wasn't that renamed to Infestation:Survivor Stories? If so I actually bought that in the Steam sale, but not played it yet. About to launch it now in fact. If you want to play co-op or trade or whatever at some point let me know.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ha saw you on it just now, unfortunately my other half is being a pain in my ass so had to sit and watch TV while she shouts at everyone and everything.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ha saw you on it just now, unfortunately my other half is being a pain in my ass so had to sit and watch TV while she shouts at everyone and everything.
Yeah, I just don't get it. I think I need to watch a tutorial. Zombies keep eating me before I get to any type of building.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tbh it's a little hard and first time I found a weapon I got shot 2 mins later :D

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If it's anything like The Walking Dead (concept) then I'm definitly in.
This leaves itself open for some good community play. Can't wait.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If this is done right, it could be very interesting. I look forward to seeing more of this in the coming weeks.

rabidmonkey48

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
I think its going to be pretty good, the fact that it is being made from a decent engine and by SOE is quite promising.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We could make a Seniors stronghold. All timezones are covered so hopefully we can have around the clock defence :evil:

Saw a raw video of it and so far it's looking good.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just added 3 new H1Z1 videos to the Media Gallery - take a look and see how the game has progressed. :)