Multi GTA V was the biggest UK video game launch ever and made a few quid

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GTA V has sold 1.57 million units on its first day in the UK, generating £65 million across the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Sources of this information are gamesindustry and eurogamer.

Not a bad little earner then!!

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Approximately $800m worldwide in 24 hours!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
$600 million profit in 24h business as usual over at R* HQ :D if like they said the MP is like RDR this will be awesome. Currently have my mates 360 version but with his 10 calls a day I think he wants it back lol

ForestJ18

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Jeez, I didn't realise GTA was that popular. I've never really understood what's so good about the GTA games, apart from the very first one.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GTA V exceeds $1 billion in only 3 days

Rockstar's epic title is officially the fastest to reach the sales milestone of any entertainment property

Well, that didn't take long. After happily announcing day-one sales of $800 million, publisher Take-Two has now achieved the much sought after $1 billion sales mark with GTA V in just three days, according to the publisher's internal estimates. "We believe this marks the fastest that any entertainment property, including video games and feature films, has reached this significant milestone," the company said.

"Grand Theft Auto is a cultural phenomenon and Rockstar Games continues to redefine what can be achieved in interactive entertainment," said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two. "We are incredibly proud of the extraordinary critical and commercial response to Grand Theft Auto V."

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was the last record holder, reaching $1 billion in 15 days. It'll be interesting to see how Call of Duty: Ghosts fares when it ships. Some analysts predicted that GTA V would reach $1 billion in sales during its first month at retail, but it's now clear that the title will generate figures well beyond that.

Source: gamesindustry

Blimey! :o

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Had my first few hours on it last night, not bad and with three characters it's a nice change from the same old character over and over.