PS3 GTA V content creator (beta) now available.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Deathmatch & Race Creators Beta

This week, we will give you the first chance to build your own content in GTA Online (and play content others have made) with the release of the Deathmatch & Race Creators Beta. With access to some of the same tools as our own game design and development team, you can craft your own custom blood-soaked gunfights, high-octane street races, screaming jet dogfights and more. You’ll also be able to publish your original Deathmatches and Races via the Rockstar Games Social Club for the whole community to discover, download, play, rate and share. Players can create and customize Jobs for the following modes:
  • Deathmatch
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Race
  • GTA Race
  • Rally Race
Update 1.07 is now up, So far no update notes have been published.
I am really looking forward to using the content creator.

Rockstar have also anounced that there will be more DLC soon.

Capture

Also in December, we will introduce possibly our favorite competitive team mode, Capture. A proper GTA twist on classic capture the flag, Capture mode brings territory infiltration and a new form of team-versus-team treachery into GTA Online. Up to four squads battle to steal contraband, trucks, buses or whatever from opponents' bases using high-speed vehicles, explosive weaponry and cunning teamwork. Craft, cooperation and team tactics are key. The free Capture update will bring a host of new jobs to GTA Online, accessible via the open world and also directly through your phone. Capture is broken down into four variations - ‘Raid’, ‘Contend’, ‘Hold’ and ‘GTA’ – we will give you full details on each of these next week.

Coming in 2014

Expect big things in both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V next year including:

GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and as fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year.

GTAV Story Mode Updates. For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
might have another go at the weekend

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Woohoo. Sounds pretty good :D

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
it works extremly well. Brings new life to the game.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've created an off-road race called "overground"
- it kicks off at a biker camp to the West of Trevor's hanger by the lake.
I'm not sure if you guys will be able to see it or not?

Shame they've not enabled the boats yet but I'm guessing they'll come
- I'm hoping for some white water rafting races!

(Apologies re: last night @Acegadgets - I didn't have the headset to hand,
was just testing out the Creator Beta!)

Can you guys (& gals) access this link ok?
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/OPOZALS0BUSW62q9DCzMxQ

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah the link works for me. Have added it. Will have a go on it later :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah the link works for me. Have added it. Will have a go on it later :)
Nice one, cheers.
Didn't realise it was only set up for 2 players - will amend it later if you think it is worth keeping!

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Definitely worth keeping. Just up the maximum players to at least 8. Its a good little race :1thumbup:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice one. Didn't make it home last night, will amend ASAP.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Five SNR's have started making new content for GTA Online. Content can take anything from half an hour to infinite days to create. It really is a fabulous tool
The new SNR content can all be found here.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/senior_gamers/games/gtav/jobs
If you click on the individual race / deathmatches, you can add them to your job list.
It should then be possible to make a playlist of SNR made levels to play.
In future i'm going to save them, but not publish them until they have been played and faults ironed out. I'll then upload the finished item to the rockstar site.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We now have Seventeen home made maps. (on the above link) I'll be trying to play on them all this weekend and the days leading up till Christmas. I've added them all to a bookmarked playlist. Please post constructive criticism regarding my creations so I can amend them / delete them and get a better idea of what makes a fun map in the future.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll pop on for an hour or two later and see what you've created

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We played on all of the new jobs created by SNR crew members last night. They were excellent and its been a long time since I was up at quarter past one having fun.
I'll probably put a poll up in a week or so to see which ones we like best as we'll soon have too many to make a playable in one evening playlist.
One thing that did cause a slight problem with the rooms was the player numbers on the jobs. If you create a job with a player amount of 1 - 2 then if its in the playlist only 2 people can join that room even if the job selected as the first one has say 1 - 16 players. Everyone after the second joiner gets an error message when they try to join and are dumpted into single player when they try to join.
The same goes with events that are said to say 8 - 16 players. Firstly you need 8 players to start ANY of the jobs in the playlist even if the current job requires less players. If 8 do join and one decides to drop out when the playlist has started, everyone in the room is dumpted out.
Playlists do seem like a better idea than single events though as its not possible to select your custom event after each individual event without restarting the room. You also get a league table when using a playlist, with points from each event contributing to your total.
So, the best thing to do when creating events is to set the minimum player to 2 and the max to something between 8 - 16. I had to delete a couple of events from my playlist , if you've created one and it hasn't been played, that's probably why.
Look forward to playing more of your home made events and getting feedback on some of the events that have been made so that I can adjust them a bit.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
that first race in and around the golf course is excellent.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
One thing that did cause a slight problem with the rooms was the player numbers on the jobs. If you create a job with a player amount of 1 - 2 then if its in the playlist only 2 people can join that room even if the job selected as the first one has say 1 - 16 players. Everyone after the second joiner gets an error message when they try to join and are dumped into single player when they try to join.
The same goes with events that are said to say 8 - 16 players. Firstly you need 8 players to start ANY of the jobs in the playlist even if the current job requires less players. If 8 do join and one decides to drop out when the playlist has started, everyone in the room is dumped out.
Updated now. Max players set to 16, didn't see option for minimum so am assuming still 2.
Trickiest part was finding a spot in the starting area for the grid so slightly tweaked.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I look forward to playing your "Overground" later on @zoob. Theres now creations by Mr @Spruijt and @daytimeshark to play.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll give the others a shot ASAP.
Haven't had much time for GTA love recently but need to get my fix in beforei head off!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I've created a race and a (team) deathmatch. Let me know what you think.