Multi GTA V Capture Update - due today

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GTA Online Capture Update Available Today For PS3 & Xbox 360

Rockstar confirms that GTA Online's Capture update will be available today for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Following up on the release of the GTA Online content creator, Rockstar has announced that 'Capture' will be available to download today for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Capture update adds a number of new team-based modes to GTA Online, including the following.

Raid is a time based mode that will task players with fighting their way into the opposing team's base in order to steal a package and return in to their own in order to gain as many points as possible within the time limit.

Hold is similar to raid, but with a slight twist. Rather than scoring points by retuning packages to their base, players must store as many packages in their base as possible. Whoever is holding on to the most when the time runs out will win.

GTA mode will give both teams target cars to steal and return to their base. Players will have to fight over the target vehicles in order to ensure their team steals more than their opponents.

There's also Contend mode, in which there is only one package in the middle of the map. As you can probably guess, bringing the package back to your base will score you points, after which, it will respawn and the fight begins again.

Capture will be delivered as part of an automatic update on PS3 and Xbox 360. Rockstar advise that the update will also include a number of bug fixes for GTA Online.

Source: NowGamer

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob I've amended your post to show what was on that link (but still kept the link to show the source) - a simple copy and paste to get it in the post. It then saves folks having to visit that site to read the information. If you're able to do that for other posts that would be great. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers @Martok - I'm browsing on my mobile, so a little trickier. I knew somebody would sort it - almost put a request for somebody to do so but your Klingon powers are omnipotent!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fair enough, it can be trickier (though still possible) depending on how good or not your mobile is.

You can always pop into chat and ask someone to post up something if you can't . Details of accessing chat on a mobile is in the community section. :)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I,ll be on at tea time trying out the new mode
. Sounds excellent.

Last edited:

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will be about tonight hopefully if I don't have cloud server issues again, last night

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mrs Zoob is working late so I'll be able to grab an hour or two when I get home. See y'all around 7 perhaps?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be on tonight hopefully playing all the new missions. There's been a bit of a lack of people on this game since the PS 4 was launched , which is a shame as the new capture modes look really good, but only works if you have at least 4 people with comms on to play them. That's actually been a bit of a struggle this week.
The new modes combined with the creator have really enhanced GTA. If you haven't played for a while, why not give it another go.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pretty poor (delayed) timing for the initial release really but I guess they couldn't delay it further which probably helped inform the staggered release dates.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be on again (much) before the New Year as awa' oot tonight, packing tomorrow daytime & oot tomorrow night then on the coach/overnight ferry to Orkney on Sunday. That will NOT be fun.

If I'm home & capable of seeing at all before I head, I will jump on but...

PS I had originally planned to take the PS3 & projector up to the in-laws but given I was "busy" working on an animation project last time I was up, I really couldn't ignore them that much this time. Hence I've got a PS Vita instead! ;)