• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS3 GTA Online: The Business Update (4th March)

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GTA Online: The Business Update Coming Next Week, Tuesday March 4th

Enjoy the perks of rising through the ranks of your Los Santos and Blaine County business ventures with The Business Update, coming next week on Tuesday March 4th to PSN and Xbox Live. Thrill-seekers and weekend warriors can hop in any of three all-new, blazing fast sports cars: the Albany Alpha, Dinka Jester and Grotti Turismo R... or take to the skies in the new Vestra airplane.

Take to the skies in the luxurious Vestra.

Swing by Ammu-Nation to pick up two new weapons, the Heavy Pistol and Special Carbine, which both offer some serious firepower.

Dress for success with formal and business casual attire options like new suit jackets, slacks, glasses, heels and blouses, or don new all-business hairstyles and currency themed tattoos. There's also a collection of new masks, perfect for disguising yourself during the next hostile takeover.

The Heavy Pistol and Special Carbine, two new weapons available as part of The Business Update.

Just like the recent Valentine's Day Massacre Special, the new vehicles and weapons will be available in both Story Mode and Online. In Story Mode, weapons will be deposited into all three characters' inventory with two full ammo-clips and all three cars are accessible from their garage properties. In GTA Online, you'll be able to purchase the new weapons and their attachments at any Ammu-Nation location while the vehicles will be available for purchase from Legendary Motorsport and Elitas.

The Turismo R and Alpha evading LSPD pursuit through downtown Los Santos.

Don't forget that this weekend is your last chance to grab the Albany Roosevelt limousine, the Gusenberg Sweeper machine gun and all the rest of the exclusive items from the Valentine's Day Massacre Special before they're gone. Once you purchase them in-game, they're yours to keep - but they will no longer be available to purchase after midnight PST this Sunday, March 2nd.

And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more...

Source: Rockstar Games

Last edited by a moderator:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A little bit too soon after the previous update imo.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
looks like I'll have to spend a bit of time over the weekend making some in game money to buy one of the new cars. Anyone else's up for some serious money making exploits?

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be on this Sunday. Hopefully with comms :dance2:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I should be around on Sunday.
In the pub just now.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is anyone likely to be on tonight?

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not tonight I'm afraid. The missus will be in the pub all day tomorrow so I'll be online then between feeds.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
8.30 ish then

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The new items have been added today. You get the two new weapons automatically. The special carbine seems rather good. I've added a scope and extended magazine to mine.
the suits are a little underwhelming, with basic colours of jackets and pants, but they don't cost a lot.
The plane will set you back $950,000 so not many takers I would imagine.
The three cars are not as expensive as I imagined.

The Dinka Jetster is a Japanese Hybrid in the sports car class and will set you back $240k
It has a top speed of 180 mph and does 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds

The Albany. alpha is another sports car it is cheaper @ $150 k ,
Also it is slower with a top speed of 157 mph and 0 to 60 takes 5.7 seconds. It does handle well though but the stats will make it a bit of a rare buy as no one wants a slow car.
I also can't see a lot of buyers for either of these two cars as the free An is Elergy will blow the socks off both of these cars.

The Grotti Turisimo R is the one that most players will be buying, including me. Its a supercar that will 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds and has a top speed of 210 mph. Similar In styles and specs to the new McLaren P1, it is also a hybrid , has 799 bhp before you modify it but only costs $500k which is half the price of its real life counterpart. with full modifications it should be on par with the real P 1 and pretty close to the current in game favourite supercar the Entity.

My garage is going to look rather good with two Grotti supercars in it. My original Groti cheatah has a faster top speed, @ 220 mph which will be good for the endurance races, but acceleration of 4.0 second as opposed to 2.8 secs in theTurisimo R makes my new purchase my number one choice in most races.
stats wise the other major super cars are as follows,
Entity 0 to60 3.5 secs top speed 240 mph cost $795 k great handling
Adder 0 to 60 3 seconds top speed 250mph cost one million, difficult handling.

clarkyspeaks

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So ill see you online tonight then?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes indeed, I'll be testing my new car which I've just bought a few upgrades for.
Armour plating 47.5k
Racing Brakes 33.5k
EMS engine 31.8k
Race exhaust 3.5 k
GT spoiler 9.5k
Competition suspension 41k
Race transmission 38k
Fluffy dice 5 dollars
Turbo charger 47.1k
Bullet proof tyres 23.8 k
Respray 14 k
Air freshener from the pound shop
Tinted windows 2 k
new wheels 14 k
All in all my half a million dollar car has cost three quarters of a million. The extra half million was raised by selling my White Rolls Royce, I'm now a bit skint and needs to raise funds for the next car to come along.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did you not get the Bluetooth stereo?? Saying that you are probably still using cassette/AM radio eh Ace :D

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I bought a dandy tie :hi: