Multi GTA Online players to receive in-game cash following launch problems

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Half a million GTA$ to be offered in two deposits later this month

Rockstar is to provide every Grand Theft Auto Online player with in-game cash as compensation for the issues that have plagued the online game since its launch on October 1.

Each GTA 5 owner who plays or has played the game this month will be offered half a million GTA$ in two deposits. That's equivalent to a real world offering of £6.25, the price users can opt to pay to purchase a Bull Shark cash card worth 500,000 GTA$.

Rockstar explained: "In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we've confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month.

"For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet."

How it will work
  • You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we'll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.
We said in our GTA Online appraisal: "With Rockstar planning frequent DLC and updates, and user-created missions on the way, GTA Online could have a long shelf life. The only let-downs at the moment are the lack of co-op heist missions, a slightly bloated interface, and some strange design decisions like being unable to tag stolen high-end cars and make them your personal vehicle. Otherwise, this is a supremely fun online toy box with a remarkable amount of variety in its missions - if you can connect, that is."

Source: CVG

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great everyone will be get a heist apartment. I should have enough money to buy a Entity XF with that $500,000 plus all the money I'll have saved by that time or continue to mod my Feltzer. Decisions descisions

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Billiant gesture. Time to go shopping :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Handy. Only been online once so this will help me catch up on the monetary deficit!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome, I spent all my money last night, I'm down to 500 dollars.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
lol no, i bought a 4 door getaway car and put the crew logo on it ready for when we heist :)

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
lol no, i bought a 4 door getaway car and put the crew logo on it ready for when we heist :)

I got myself a a four door monster Truck for that with bullet proof tyres. will be modding the hell out of it soon once i'm done with the Feltzer

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've found the monster trucks to be to slow. Fun, but slow. Good old muscle car is what u need :D Now all I need is a motorbike or 2. Stole one from outside a police station but it disappeared after a job. Bugger.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've found the monster trucks to be to slow. Fun, but slow. Good old muscle car is what u need :D Now all I need is a motorbike or 2. Stole one from outside a police station but it disappeared after a job. Bugger.
thats a shame i just can imagine driving across the hills. i do love the sanchez bike. I've got money to spend just don't know what to spend it on

Last edited:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The sanchez is great for cross country, as is the dune buggy thing. You could always try the mining truck :)

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I take it partly back. The XL version of the monster truck rocks. For some reason it was better than the other version. And sorry for leaving ya mid mission, lost connection :(

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I take it partly back. The XL version of the monster truck rocks. For some reason it was better than the other version. And sorry for leaving ya mid mission, lost connection :(
I've still got it in my garage, as you say i've found it fun to drive. No problem GTA Online seems to do that a lot.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
G'wan Rockstar!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Shame to read so many hating comments on various forums about this gesture. People complaining that it's a crap deal etc. What do they want instead? A real life blowjob instead of a virtual one? Kids these days...

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Shame to read so many hating comments on various forums about this gesture. People complaining that it's a crap deal etc. What do they want instead? A real life blowjob instead of a virtual one? Kids these days...
yes

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That and someone to clean up afterwards to. Oh and they can't block the tv while giving the bj.

Personally I got pissed off in the beginning, but find this a nice gesture on their behalf.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've read a lot of bitching too but I personally don't understand it.
You can buy this cred for what, 6.99GBP, and somehow it's giving an unfair advantage?
What-the-****-ever.
For people playing (& suffering) since day 1, it's what they could have earned anyway & a thank you for putting up with.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm playing this now and I can't join any friends. It says I hAve to complete the tutorial and be level 10?