Mobile GTA 5 'iFruit' app released for Android

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Free companion app is officially out and free of malware

Rockstar has released the official - and thankfully malware-free - Grand Theft Auto V 'iFruit' companion app for Android devices.

The app, which is modelled after the in-game phone - itself a parody of Apple's iPhone - allows users to customise their cars, create license plates for GTA 5's story campaign and GTA Online, as well as teach Chop the dog new tricks. Until today, the app was only available on the iOS App Store.

This comes after Android owners were warned that imitation versions of the the app containing malware had made their way onto the Google Play store.

At least two apps surfaced on the Google Play Store that used the same icon as iFruit in an attempt to mimic the real thing. Comments from angered users suggest these apps are fake, inoperable, and in some cases are suspected malware.

The official app can be downloaded on the Google Play Store here.

The first DLC for Grand Theft Auto Online, the 'Beach Bum Pack', will be downloadable for free in November, Rockstar confirmed last week.

The DLC will bring "all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you'll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode".

Rockstar will also release "the first part" of the GTA Online Content Creator this autumn.

Source: CVG

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The app is pants but I suppose worth it for the ability to customise your number plates. Not sure you can do this in the game?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't suppose they will ever release this for windows phones. I would have liked a rockstar social club app, but that also probably never going to happen.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Tried to download it on 2 phones and a tablet. Neither were compatible :(

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They're su
I don't suppose they will ever release this for windows phones. I would have liked a rockstar social club app, but that also probably never going to happen.
I'm sure I read It'll be out for Windows phone and PS Vita

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Works OK on my Note 2.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After all this waiting for it I'm kind of over it all. So dont think I'll bother.

Whens the online heists start?