PS3 GT6 To buy or not to buy?

Are you getting GT6

• Total voters

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Was wondering how well is this going to sell what with it being released 1 week after the PS4 launch, How many SNR's are looking to get it?

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Howdo Mick.
Jury is out for me at the mo`. I want to see a full track and car list (I know there will be the dubious DLC`s to follow). Also need to see Youtube type appraisals on how far the driving physics have come along.

So i'm ticking the `undecided` box.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not on the PS3 for me, I'll wait for the PS4 release as GT5 is a solid title with crap menus. Still if they have come up with something amazing I maybe swayed.

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm unsure at this stage. Like @LouPeacock I want to see some more detail on the game first to see whether it's worth it or not. I may just stick with GT5 on the PS3 but we'll see.

Speaking of GT5, now the summer holiday period is over and folk are likely to be more available, I hope we can get this running again each Saturday.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's a very strong chance I'll pick this up, I'm liking the look of some of the new tracks but it will depend if I can still find the time to play which is likely to be,difficult shortly.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Probably but on PS4. Have seen a short clip comparing the physics between GT5 and GT6 which has a slight difference but nothing someone like me would notice.

Agree about the menus but compared to GT2 it's still an improvement.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will be getting it, as I wont be getting a PS4 straight away. I would probably have paid about £8.00 each for the likes of silverstone and Bathurst if they were DLC for gt 5 so thats half the price of the full game.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Probably but on PS4. Have seen a short clip comparing the physics between GT5 and GT6 which has a slight difference but nothing someone like me would notice.

Agree about the menus but compared to GT2 it's still an improvement.
I think it may be a long wait for the ps4 version which may end up being GT7

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had another trawl and the hot topic just now seems to be the course maker. This is said to be "fundamentally different" to GT5's attempt and will allow players to lay down tracks freely within a massive area, 100 x 100 kilometres has been mentioned and not ruled out. Better still, there will be a GPS data import feature so we may finally get to really race to the chippy - old school!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had another trawl and the hot topic just now seems to be the course maker. This is said to be "fundamentally different" to GT5's attempt and will allow players to lay down tracks freely within a massive area, 100 x 100 kilometres has been mentioned and not ruled out. Better still, there will be a GPS data import feature so we may finally get to really race to the chippy - old school!
Is that just rumour or fact ?

It should be so easy to knock together a track editor, even if you look at Far Cry 3 adding roads on that map editor was only very basic but the results were so flexible giving control over layout as well as elevation.

So with the GPS thing could you add real tracks ? Wont do much for DLC track packs.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All looking officially confirmed. I expect generic scenery etc so for real tracks and environments DLC will still be the way. Exiting though.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I won't be getting it I like the look of Drive Club and I'm getting a ps4

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Indeed there is, I now have two choices :(

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Indeed there is, I now have two choices :(
But neither one of them is a simulator type game like GT.

I'll not be getting GT at all, I'll be getting Drive Club, but only because it's free, it looks utter gash. The Crew looks to be the best driving experience so far on next gen.

I am however quite interested in the GPS import for track making, I get that they'll have to have fairly generic backgrounds and track textures and the like, but if you can set elevation levels, camber and width and it can take into account multiple routes for a small village or town that'd be truly awesome.

Having street races on the road (layouts) you drive around in real life, being able to take alternate routes in point to point races to see if the dual carriageways are actually any quicker than the twisty back roads.

Of course that would probably show just how lacking GT is in terms of real car physics, but it'd be fun anyway.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been having a go on the new Driftopia beta that came out recently, while its ok for a quick blast its all too arcady for my liking.

Love it or hate it there is nothing else quite like GT. This could be a big let down for me when it comes to Driveclub, it depends on what the cars handle like, I would much prefer it like GT than all "Need for speed"

I cant see me wanting to play on the PS3 if I have a nice new shiney PS4 sat there. If I have to wait to get a PS4 then there is a good chance I will get it until funds allow me to get a PS4.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When we get Google street view merged with GT30 on the PS15 then that will be truly awesome. I`m going to start saving now.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lol. Sadly you're probably right.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, GT6 sells 1/5 of GT5 on launch.

Not really a surprise there, is it?

Given the poor menu systems & delayed features of GT5, being released weeks after the PS4 launch (in NA & EUR) & the dull demo. Polyphony really have fumbled the ball on this.

Shame as I spent hours/days/weeks of my life on the earlier PS2 incarnations.