Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Re: GT5 update 2.09

To save clicking on the link (especially Tapatalk users), here's the details:

GT5 INFORMATION
Update Notice (2.09)
Last Updated: Nov 06, 2012

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] settings under [Event Settings] of the Open Lobby can now be adjusted to four levels: "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The 3D display view has been improved.

- The tyre depletion rate has been now balanced as it varied too greatly in certain circumstances depending on the vehicle.

- The Drift Trials scoring method has been changed to prevent cheating.

- The maximum RPM of the Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where opponent cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] was enabled in the Open Lobby. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline ones.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.09", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Like the new tyre wear settings. :1thumbup:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Martok said:
To save clicking on the link (especially Tapatalk users), here's the details:

GT5 INFORMATION
Update Notice (2.09)
Last Updated: Nov 06, 2012

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] settings under [Event Settings] of the Open Lobby can now be adjusted to four levels: "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The 3D display view has been improved.

- The tyre depletion rate has been now balanced as it varied too greatly in certain circumstances depending on the vehicle.

- The Drift Trials scoring method has been changed to prevent cheating.

- The maximum RPM of the Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where opponent cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] was enabled in the Open Lobby. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline ones.
- Fixed the bug where Acegadgets starts jumping around all over the place causing a multiple pile up behind him.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.09", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.
Spot the difference!

Excellent news

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score

Ha probably should have done that myself Martok but lazy is a stupid does :P

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Fixed issue regarding differences between on and offline controls....

Is this a hint towards the offline physics model now being used online or something more like a controller sensitivity tweak I wonder?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

This update has totally ****ed my GT5 up. I have been buggering around for over 4 hrs with this.

1st try it downloaded and gave me an error when trying to install it.
Now whenever I start the update it is number 1/19 it gets as far as number 6 (about 1.5 GB later) then corrupt data error again.
I have restored file system, deleted ALL game data, turned off the net and reinstalled the game fresh. Then started the game again with the net on so it says about updating to 2.09 and exactly the same thing, gets to 6/19 then a corrupt data error.

So I am very slightly pissed off. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

ChrissPeacock said:
Fixed issue regarding differences between on and offline controls....

Is this a hint towards the offline physics model now being used online or something more like a controller sensitivity tweak I wonder?
From what I`ve read its a change to the physics model. Which way though I dont know i.e. online now like offline or offline now like online.

I finally got everything back :woot: After trying loads of different things, DMZ etc etc none of which worked I tried switching from Ethernet cable to Wireless and it worked :wtf: Maybe I need a new cable or something I dont know. Anyway all is good again. :1thumbup:

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I've not updated GT yet. Having a break from it, been playing Forza Horizon and NFS Most Wanted of late.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score

DarthRaiden666 said:
I've not updated GT yet. Having a break from it, been playing Forza Horizon and NFS Most Wanted of late.
I have Forza Horizon :) my son is sick but if I see you on over weekend I might jump on for an hour, it's got nothing on Forza 4 mind.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Decided to update GT5, 19 updates! Update 1 Is 608mb, It may be sometime.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score

HERMAN_JELMET said:
Decided to update GT5, 19 updates! Update 1 Is 608mb, It may be sometime.
You probably haven't got the 2046mb one yet them ;)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Update 2 was 301mb and It seems to have jumped to update 6 which Is 380mb.
It's a good job I didn't want to play On my PS3 tonight.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

OMG, when was the last time you updated GT5? I tell you if I ever have to get a new PS3 and put GT5 back on I'm gonna leave it on and go on holiday. There are some huge updates that will take about 5 days to finish!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Plaxinator said:
OMG, when was the last time you updated GT5? I tell you if I ever have to get a new PS3 and put GT5 back on I'm gonna leave it on and go on holiday. There are some huge updates that will take about 5 days to finish!

I don't know! :)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

19 updates successfully installed :) Just waiting for the 8gb install to er....... Install, Turns out I hadn't reinstalled It after my HDD failure about 6 months ago :(
What's another 30 - 50 minutes between friends?

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Aye, painful isn't it? This was what happened to us when we bought the Academy edition that "comes with all the updates" apparently. It was I think about 2 hours to get it all installed.