PS3 GT5 Race Car colours

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We are toying with the idea of each person have there own colour for there GT5 Race Cars, The purpose is to make it easier for identifying drivers in the videos, but it does rely on you, the drivers, spraying your car the right colour.
Its just one idea and may not be the final decision we shall see how it goes.

If you want to stick with a certain colour all the time say so in this thread so that someone else dont nab it before you do. I will update this post so you wont have to check the whole thread to see what colours have been taken.

ACEGADGETS - ORANGE
MICK - BLACK

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It's a good idea but I have 400 cars spraying each will take a while :lol: plus you don't get infinite paint you only get a few.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Try re spraying the ones that you buy for the weekly races as soon as you get them from the used car dealer..
Its also worth getting into the habit of giving them an oil change first, gaining PP for little money then while you are there re spray it in one of the dozens of shades of the colour you like best. Its located in the same place so only takes a second, also in my case putting a huge spoiler on the back and getting new wheels to make it look cool.
You can always respray them another time.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd love to bagsey PINK but I have run out of pink paint. I know the Cocks (fnaar, fnaar) seem to like green and yellow so can I go for PINK and/or RED? Please feel free to send me some pink paint :D
I'll have to try not to use my selection of disgusting green cars. I went through a phase of painting my cars the most disgusting green at one point.

EDIT - I've had a thought - is it possible to send your car to another account, choose that car to get the paint added to your items, then send the car and paint back to your main account? You'd only be able to do that once a day but it'd give you the paint colour back so useful for those rare colours? Dunno if you can send gifted cars back and forth though.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't play this enough to fastidiously colour code my cars although I do tend to go for a variety of muted colours but generally it's what suits the car. :? Especially as paint is in such short supply! :o As YouTube vids have accompanying text couldn't the car/driver/colour list be included there rather than spending the time editing it into the video?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got nearly 600 tins of paint. Most colours are fairly common, must have over 50 shades of grey, white, black, red, blue, green, orange and yellow, but sadly no pink.
Its probably easier to put on comment on the upload saying whose in which car. But I am liking bronze at the moment so will be kitting myself out in that, with some nice shiney wheels.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm usually green or black.

But I don't like being dictated that I must be one colour or another.

Use the race cars and have own numbers.

Mine are: main PSN 66, and Darth_Raiden is now also 66.

We tried this in OAP but nobody paid any attention.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't want to have a set colour for all of my cars. Sometimes I'll go for a particular colour but at other times I prefer to stick with the original colour of the car or will choose the car colour based on the style and age of the car itself.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Okedokey we'll pop people names on at the start of the race
eg

BTW Phil, what cars can you put numbers on?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It needs something throughout the vid not just the start.

Only RM cars I think Ace

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm with Martok regarding colour but normally run no 8 on cars that have the option.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got to say dont like the idea of running a single colour scheme, I like to paint to suit.

3. Its the magic number. :)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ChrissPeacock said:
I'm with Martok regarding colour but normally run no 8 on cars that have the option.
I normally run 8 as well although I'll change mine to 56 so that we don't clash.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I thought any car could have decals added including numbers? I may be thinking of Forza tho

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
mick said:
Its definitely only RM cars

Race modded, karts, the TC cars in DLC and the Red Bull you can be in the dealership.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
DarthRaiden666 said:
mick said:
Its definitely only RM cars

Race modded, karts, the TC cars in DLC and the Red Bull you can be in the dealership.
Forgot about karts :oops: DLC dont count :D and noone uses the Red Bull anyway :lol: