The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 GT5 Photo mode.

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by mick, 13 Oct 2012.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I was playing with Photoshop the other day and found out it has a nifty panorama maker on it.
    So I loaded up GT5, drove the Trans Cammer round the Indy circuit and played the replay. Just as the car was crossing the "Brick Yard" I paused it and went into photomode.
    Stood in front of the car (facing it) I took a series of pictures (9 in total) through 180 degrees. Saved them all to a USB stick and loaded them all into photoshop and let it do its magic.
    I was quite impressed with the result for how easy it was to do. The final image was almost 9000 pixels wide so I have shrunk it down, but what do you all think? good eh?

clickety click the image to make it a bit bigger :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I have to say thats pretty impressive. You're a good ambassador for GT5!!! I'm almost tempted to play it again :lol:

3. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    You should join us tonight :thumbup:

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Cheers for the offer, but Im not much of a racing game fan and I really didnt go much on GT5 to be honest. Still, Im sure all you guys will have a good time :thumbup:

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Something like that would make a good banner for yopur GT5photo site.
    I could make an interesting sig with something like that. Might play around with photoshop later.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    If you don't have photo shop you can try gimpshop its almost identical but free :)

7. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Got Gimp as well but dont really like it.
    I really need to sit down one day and work out just what you can do in photoshop, I barely use any functions on it.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    If you don't like GIMP, try paint.net instead.

9. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    The Photoshop I have got is Elements 9, it was already installed on my laptop when I bought it. I think the Elements versions are cut down versions of the "real thing"

10. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I regularly used to stumble due the cut back nature of elements. If I'd the money I'd buy the full version but I've learnt to work around the omissions. If I get really stuck I switch back to my old full versions of Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 9. My main issues are the weaker layer control, no advanced font manipulation like kerning, lack of vector marquis and the removal of the curves colour manipulation. Although I've a plugin that enables me to use curves. I do miss the ability to create decent Macros as well to automate photo processing but the I picked up a copy of Lightroom which batch processes photographs superbly.

The panorama feature is quite an easy shortcut but the results are so much better in the full blown edition. The touch up tool/repair tool is spectacular in the full edition and very much speeds up post processing no end.

Blah blah blah geek. X ;)

11. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I've got Adobe Photoshop 7. I can't use it to save my life though so I'm always impressed when people make really great forum sigs using it.

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

GIMPSHOP is gimp with all the photoshop features put in, I had a erm not so legal copy of PS:Pro but an update killed it so it went for Gimpshop which is prity much the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice