The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 GT5 Nascar seasonal - 14th March

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by jonnywombat, 14 Mar 2013.

1. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    So what do you guys think of the new seasonal?

650pp races in Nascars, 7 laps per race,

Tracks are London, Autumn Ring, Fuji, and Monza

I found London really tricky at first, and Autumn ring was only a little easier. I found the key to both of these was getting the right gearing, then I won both without too much bother.

Fuji was ok, and Monza could be a real cash cow for ppl would want to grind a little. I won the race by 25 secs, at 615pp, making 1.5 million at 130% bonus, so I think I could go below 600pp and maybe lower... 200% bonus, should be netting more than 3 million per race. :thumbup:

Jonny

2. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I havent tried them yet, I not sure if anyone else even bothers with them as on the time trial/drift score tables im quite often the only person on there.

3. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Yeah, sadly lost my single player mojo with GT5 now, so I only dip in now and again if cash starts getting low.

Been playing a lot of Raceroom Experience and GTR2+Power And Glory mod on the PC recently.

Jonny, I think I found you on Steam the pother day so risked throwing you a friend request. If it is you I see you have some Simbin titles but did not see GTR2. Do you have it on disc anywhere?

Also, what kind of setup do you have, are you sticks or wheel for example?

Looking forward to Saturday....

4. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Monza was easy peasy, jonny is right its easy money.

600pp @ 170% netted over 2.2 Million. Even at 600pp I was first by lap 5, although I do admit to chicane cutting a little.

5. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I only do the seasonals and TT, not a fan of drifting on GT5.

That will beme on steam, but my laptop gone to visit HP for warranty repair of USB system. Once I get it back I will see you on steam.

I have raceroom, and did have beta tester account for it too, but not used it for a while.

As for my setup then for PC games it's my laptop with a xbox 360 controller, and I'm a sticks man on PS3 also. Never been able to get to grips with wheels, although to be fair I never tried a modern high quality wheel with force feedback etc

6. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    I'm lucky enough to have a pair of G27s - one for me, one for the wife - though only had to pay for one as the first was replaced under warrantee then fixed by me and YouTube!

Would really miss the immersion a good wheel provides and can't recommend a good wheel highly enough despite the hassle factor of getting set up before playing and storing them when not in use. Seriously considering spending a fortune on a CSR setup at the moment but will wait to see just what the next gen racing games really turn out like.

7. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    My Mrs isn't a gamer, in fact she thinks I'm a bit sad being a grown man playing games, so I don't think I would be allowed a complete set up, even if we had room for one, although it would be sweet.

8. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Just tell her it's either a racing rig or a motorbike!

9. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Trade her in and get both :thumbup: :lol:

10. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I am a biker anyway, proper hairy arsed type, not a born again with all the gear and no idea.

Currently got a 600 bandit, and lusting after a speed triple. I had a laverda Formula s 750 until a couple of years ago, which I sold to buy the speed triple, but my dad became ill, and had to use the money to buy a people carrier!!!

The Mrs likes the bike too, in fact we never had a car until she was 6 months pregnant with the first kid.

[​IMG]

11. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I have a wheel and race seat but think i am better with a control pad. Its more fun with a wheel though so stick with that. I'm going to try those seasonal events later today just to try to get some money together as when I see a car a want to buy , its gone before I get enough money together to buy it.
    I tried born again biking a couple of years ago on a rebel 125, I then inherited a honda hornet which i was gonna use after I took my test , but I lost my job and never got round to taking the test. Both bikes were sold last year

12. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Been riding bikes for 21 years. Everything from big trail bikes (XT600) through classic triumph, was lucky enough to pre order the 1st gen R1 etc. These days I have a Daytona 955i.

Good to have more arse-hair on the forum!

13. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Thats probably the first and last time I will ever see arse-hair mentioned in a positive way.

14. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Don't count on it ;o0

15. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
  16. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Couldn't get out of last place in London, Probably should have adjusted the gears I suppose, but I just hate that track in fast cars so moved onto Fuji and Monza, tracks that I like and know well.
    Unfortunetly I was crashing way too much, about 4 per race and could only get into the middle of the pack.
    I really am hopeless at this game, indeed all computer games. Think i'll stick to sim city or start playing dominoes.

17. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Getting the correct gearing made a huge difference, do you know how to perform the "tranny trick"? This is exploiting a glitch in the transmission settings, to gain best possible settings, and not anything to do with cross dressing.

18. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    No , I dint have a clue about trannies , explain,

19. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Hi Ace,

To use the tranny trick you have to perform the following steps EXACTLY.

1) Purchase fully customisable gear box, if not fitted.
    2) Go into the gearbox settings
    3) hit reset to default... do not skip this step
    4) set Final drive ratio to highest possible value (lowest speed)
    5) set the automatic gearbox adjustment slider to lowest possible speed. DO NOT TOUCH THIS SLIDER AGAIN.
    6) set top gear to shortest possible ratio (lowest speed)
    7) set first gear to longest possible ratio (highest speed)
    8) set the other gears evenly between the two
    9) Adjust the final drive ratio to give you your desired top speed (use the speed indicator top right but note the actual top speed you will get will be a little lower than indicated).

If you touch the automatic set up slider at any point other than when stated the effect is undone and you need to start over from step 3.

This trick gives you a long first gear and then closest possible ratios, which gives good acceleration, without compromising top speed, the only downside is pulling out of very slow corners in first gear can be difficult, but you can tune that out for specific tracks but altering the ratio of 1st.

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Is this actually a glitch?

The reason I ask is that it's part of our ethos that we don't use glitches & exploits etc in online gaming. From our About section:

If this is a glitch then I wouldn't use it in our Saturday night GT5 events.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice