PS3 GT5 B-spec Remote Racing

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is a great way of leveling up your B-spec. I'm currently doing some remote races now with ChrissP drivers, my workmates, my other ID's, MaccyC's and my sisters.

If everyone sets at least 2 drivers to Share then there a 8 teams. OK the host can only enter one driver, hence why I use another ID. And at least one driver will be Level 30 in no time and onwards to 40.

I know Plax and Mick have some on share too, but I try to use similar levels to make it fairer racing.

If GT5 is in the disc drive and PS3 is on, it can be done from a comoputer via gran-turismo.com too.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got a desktop widget from Yahoo (B spec grinder) so have in the past just left my PC on and GT5 in standby mode and let it do its thing. Yahoo don't do the widgets anymore but you can still get it from here;
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
DarthRaiden666 said:
This is a great way of leveling up your B-spec. I'm currently doing some remote races now with ChrissP drivers, my workmates, my other ID's, MaccyC's and my sisters.

If everyone sets at least 2 drivers to Share then there a 8 teams. OK the host can only enter one driver, hence why I use another ID. And at least one driver will be Level 30 in no time and onwards to 40.

I know Plax and Mick have some on share too, but I try to use similar levels to make it fairer racing.

If GT5 is in the disc drive and PS3 is on, it can be done from a comoputer via gran-turismo.com too.
Hi all
I enjoyed the little GT5 fun last Saturday night with Martok n Halo and friends, and I will try and join them next Saturday night.
In the mean time I rekindled my GT5 fun and started going through the seasonal events A and B spec, but I can't get the last (B spec Online 650PP Côte d'Azur) as my drivers keep ramming into the same two barriers and have only managed second once, so I think I need to rank up my drivers.

I wasn't to sure what remote racing was, but when I found out about it I set my drivers to online, but there are only three drivers shared on my FL. :1thumbdown:

Please share your drivers when your not using them! :1thumbup:

Found this on youtube, which explains remote racing.

I'll set all my drivers to online when I'm not using them.
Anyone on my FL that have GT5, please do likewise

feel free to Add me PSN ID: maczone35

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will add you when im on next :1thumbup:

P-Newson666

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah the imfamous B Spec crashing on Monaco.

Cycle the race line up until there is no BMW McLaren or Zonda and use either of those cars. A calm driver is in order too and make sure they are 35 or higher. And keep directing the driver to decrease pace.

It took me some 100 attempts before I won it.

Hope that helps Mac.

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
DarthRaiden666 said:
Ah the imfamous B Spec crashing on Monaco.

Cycle the race line up until there is no BMW McLaren or Zonda and use either of those cars. A calm driver is in order too and make sure they are 35 or higher. And keep directing the driver to decrease pace.

It took me some 100 attempts before I won it.

Hope that helps Mac.
My top driver is only level 28 with others around 24-27, hence my need to rank up my drivers, even with the zonda :think:

thanks for the advice anyway :1thumbup:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Theres probably going to be a few more of us racing this weekend, well one more atleast (me) . I put details up about what we'll be racing in on the events section.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've now got a driver set for use in remote racing, as does Halo. Just running my first B-Spec race now with drivers from some of you. :)

So, please include our drivers in any remote races you have and help us rank up. :1thumbup:

P-Newson666

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll use them ok Martok, but get may have nightmares for a while :lol:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've run a few races ourselves picking up from everyone's drivers. Basically it looks like free cash. In the actual B spec if you win a car are you able to the drive it or does it remain B spec?

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
We've run a few races ourselves picking up from everyone's drivers. Basically it looks like free cash. In the actual B spec if you win a car are you able to the drive it or does it remain B spec?
If you win a car in B spec it goes into your garage to use/upgrade or sell.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Quite a few B-Spec remote races run today using everyone's drivers so you should all have a little extra cash.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
Quite a few B-Spec remote races run today using everyone's drivers so you should all have a little extra cash.
Make sure you log into the GT website - I think those that don't won't have their drivers available for remote races set up via the website (though they are available to use via the game itself). I have a few people on my list that I can add to a remote race on the game but they are unavailable if I try to add them via the website.

Ace - you haven't set any of your drivers to share online so they can't be raced remotely.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks I have 300, 000 credit to collect :) just 3,700, 000 until I can get all the cars I want :P

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
Thanks I have 300, 000 credit to collect :) just 3,700, 000 until I can get all the cars I want :P
Best way to get money quick is Seasonal Races.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Will look at doing some tonight if I cant be bothered with Resident Evil 5

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cool. We'll be out for part of the evening so feel free to race all of ours.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
If I'm on I will :)