• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Grimoire Cards - what they do!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK guys, so I know this has come up in game a few times when chatting and early on no-one seemed to have a clue what these cards did.

Impressions from the beta was that you could equip certain cards and they'd give you a bonus.

The deal with these is that only some cards actually give you any sort of bonus, these give you the bonus once you've unlocked them....you can see descriptions of the bonus when looking on Bungie.net. As far as I know there's no method of viewing this data in game.
Screen shot 2014-09-18 at 10.34.03.png

You can see progress on this via the phone app far easier, however i'm yet to find somewhere that shows a list of all the bonuses you're currently getting from Grimoire cards.....something will probably be added to the website later for this.

If anyone has further info on better ways of accessing this information please feel free to correct me.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only thing I know about them is that you get a ping ping trophy if your Grimoire score is 777. Surely that's all the important information that you need to know?

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Came across an article today (posted 15th Sept) listing the various Grimoire Card Unlocks & In-Game Bonuses List.

Making progress in certain Grimoire Card categories unlocks unique effects and bonuses in-game. You can earn bonus drops, more glimmer, new loot items, and much more.

Most of these bonuses positively improve your chances with the random number generator that controls loot drops. While the bonuses are small, they accumulate with more progress. The more time you put into Destiny, the more rewards you’ll receive.

In-Game Bonuses List
  • Unlock Rank 1 Strike Cards – 50 Strikes:
    Completing Strikes now have a chance to drop Class-specific gear — marks, bonds, and cloaks.
  • Unlock Rank 1 Crucible Victory Cards – 25 Wins per Gametype:
    Completing Crucible matches now have a chance to drop Class-specific gear — marks, bonds, and cloaks. Tournament Ticket drop chances are improved.
  • Unlock Rank 1 VIP Kills on Patrol – 50 VIP Kills:
    Completing Patrol side-quests grants additional resource and loot drops.
  • Unlock Rank 2 Enemy Kill Cards:
    Glimmer Consumables (Ether Seeds, Black Wax Idols, etc) become more effective. Increases Glimmer dropped.
  • Unlock Rank 2 Planet Cards – 5,000 Kills:
    Collecting from Material nodes leads to bonus item drops.
  • Unlock Rank 2 Primary Weapon Kills – 5,000 Kills:
    Additional XP is gained for the unlocked card’s primary weapon (Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle, Hand Cannon) type across all characters. Essentially, the weapon unlocks perks faster.
  • Unlock Rank 2 Special Weapon Kills – 2,500 Kills:
    Additional XP is gained for the unlocked card’s special weapon (Fusion Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun) type across all characters. Essentially, the weapon unlocks perks faster.
  • Unlock Rank 2 Heavy Weapon Kills – 500 Kills:
    Additional XP is gained for the unlocked card’s heavy weapon (Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher) type across all characters. Essentially, the weapon unlocks perks faster.

Original Source:
http://www.gamefront.com/destiny-grimoire-card-unlocks-in-game-bonuses-list/