• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS3 GRID Autosport

Northlander

Reaction score
Hi All!

In a months time the new GRID game hits PS3 (I know!) Still I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully this time they have listened to the GRID 2 community and have improved what they started and have given us the game we always wanted.

Looking at the disciplines on offer, I'll be going for Touring cars with their close pack racing and was wondering if any of the SNR are planning on getting this game?

Since the uptake of GT6 is lacking, perhaps this will give us our racing fix?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Since the uptake of GT6 is lacking, perhaps this will give us our racing fix?
I can't see it being popular here.

Not because of the game though, even if it's an amazing game I just can't see it being big with the fact a lot of our more active members are now on PS4, it's that strange time in a consoles life for the PS3 when it's successor has been released and things die off.

Which is a shame because a decent Touring Cars game would go down a treat usually, I have fond memories of GRID and blasting around the tracks over the course of a 50 lap race, taking pit stops into account and really having to worry about how to deal with the back markers who aren't so good at cornering....desperately trying to keep pace with the swine who had immaculate racing technique ( [OAP]Hobz in that case). Good times.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What Col said.

It is a shame, we had some great racenights on GT5 but that had really died off even before the PS4 had been released. As much as I like racing games Im not going to be getting anymore games for the PS3 no matter how good they are.

Northlander

Reaction score
Transitional periods are always a bad time, the only reason I'm still picking up the odd PS3 game is due to the fact there's nothing similar available on PS4 :-/

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If it's free I might download it and give it a bash, otherwise I'll not bother. I have pretty much stopped buying games full stop. I can't keep up with all the games I have. Some are still in the shrink wrap! I have bought 3 games with my PS4 ('cos GAME made you). I only ever play one of them.

Northlander

Reaction score
I'm a collector gamer....I've still got PS1 & 2 games here :) If it's part of a series that I like, I'll buy it. I had planned with the PS4 launching that GT6 was to be my last PS3 game, then came Dark Souls II, and now GRID Autosport! (I've even pre-ordered the new Borderlands 1.5!) So as we go though the transitional period from PS3 to 4, I'll buy the games that are at the 'top end' with regards to my PS3, and games that do come out for all formats, I'll obviously get them for my PS4. But I will agree that the PS3 now only serves me to play the 'core' select games of that generation until they get replaced with PS4 'sequels'

I guess I do have the advantage of having a 'games room' and both my Playstation's are connected to my gaming TV, so choosing a game that is on PS3 or 4 doesn't cause any problems with setting up just to play, they're both ready to go (and my G27 wheel is rigged up to my PS3 for driving games anyway)

:gamer:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I see DIRT 3 & Showdown is cheap just now.

I've got a stack of racers that I'm happy to MP with you though - I'm currently rediscovering MotorStorm Apocalypse, though I think Ridge Racer: Unbounded was criminally under-rated. NFS: Most Wanted was a fave round these parts for a while.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will probably pick this up, as the lack of PS4 racers is doing my head in now.

Col, I remember Hobzy just being on it constantly every week and race on the first Grid. He never seemed to make a mistake.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried to create a bit of interest in dirt showdown and grid 2, but there were few takers.
My PS 3 broke in September and I used my sons PS 3 until march when we sold it , so no more PS 3 games for me.
I do miss GTA 4 and racing games. I ended up getting grid 2 on PC and maybe tempted to do the same with this new one as I like code masters racing games as long as they aren't endurance ones like f 1.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I took the plunge and brought this.

it plays more like the first Grid which is good. As i didn't like Grid 2 that much.