• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Greetings!

Northlander

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well after a slight 'backward' turn of events I'm finally here thanks to Acegadgets :D

I'm here because of Warframe really, and the overriding need to find like-minded gamers (spare me the randoms and the kiddies!) Being 40, I just don't have time for their pap you hear in your right lug hole...

Anyway, Warframe...

I'd been playing it since the PS4's launch in the UK, I'd read up on it beforehand so I knew I wanted to 'get into it' but having never played a Coop game I was intrigued, would I actually find gamers who also shared my understanding of this of all games, that the idea of running and gunning as if you were one of those afore mentioned bellchops who think every game is CoD? After reaching out on the official WF forums (and a few false starts, Clans) I picked up upon a post from your very own Acegadgets. I could say it was because he was from my part of this blue rock we call home, I could say it was because of the welcome I got when I finally had my first session, but what made SNR stand out as THEE Warframe Clan was the range of knowledge of the game and the groups willingness to teach you the ways of the Tenno!

How could I resist! I'd strived to keep my interest in Warframe going, but even as I slipped away 'slightly' from the game, I couldn't give up on it just yet, there was a period when I wasn't playing it and busy hammering GT6 on PS3, that I still logged in to WF every day to keep my bonus up (for the day I would return full time) but it wasn't until release 13 landed that had my interest piqued enough to return, and this is why I am now here rambling on :)

Warframe was the key to unlock joining your 'clan' and I hope I'll get to enjoy other PlayStation gems with you all over the coming months!

One thing I'd like to point out, many will look at my 'low' trophy count on my PSN, this is due to me 'starting again' I did this as a clean start for when I got my PS4 (and now PSVita 2K) for the years of being a PS3 gamer with a PSN ID that just got on my tits towards the end, and with Sony not providing a way to 'change' it, the advent of the PS4 felt like a good time to start again :) So I do still use my PS3, more SP games that MP ones, but I do still dabble with GTAV and Borderlands 2 among others that offer decent online play, Gran Turismo 6 being my main PS3 game for all things online (I used to run a successful GT5 online race series back in the day on GTPlanet)

Well that's it for now, and as always I'll see you all online!

S

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome dude,
Low trophy count, KDR, generally being crap?
That doesn't matter here, we're more of a community than a clan, made up of mostly old farts who've been gaming since the dawn of time so take a seat and chill for a bit and some of the others will be along to give you a poke with the 'stick' soon enough, Feel free to send me a FR while you wait :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, you succumbed to @Acegadgets smooth Geordie slang. Don't beat yourself up about it, most of us here have fallen for his charme.
It'll pass soon enough :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, welcome to SNR. The place where the cats are drunk and the nurses pee on the carpets. Or is it the other way round?

Make yourself at home and maybe I'll see you in Los Santos some time.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate nice to meet you. Nice to have another Warframer on board, especially as we've some grand plans for our dojo. Friends request in the post so hope to join you in a game soon.

Northlander

Reaction score
Got it :mrgreen:

I'm guessing from your PSN ID you're a bit of a Nemesis the Warlock fan? :mrgreen:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great to see that you made it here @Northlander . It was good to play online with you the other night, hope we can get together a bit more.
As I mentioned , i've currently not got a very good internet connection and I was lagging like the laggy furker i am over the last year or so.
You can see this for yourself on the GT5 videos that we put up, I was all over the place. Battlefield 3 was pretty much unplayable with my pals as I used to end up running on the spot unable to kill or be killed. BF4 on PS3 was a bit better but when I moved to the PS4, BF4 was pretty much unplayable again. So I've gone back to Warframe , which with only 4 people in the room dosen't really have too many lag issues for me.
I'm sure that in a month or so when my superfast uber fibre cable is activated in our street (its going in at the moment), I can start playing a few more games.
I would love to get my hands on my Driving force wheel and bum on my gameracer chair and start racing again. Hopefully these will be compatible by the time a decent racer comes out for the PS4.
I noticed that another new player had joined the warframe group, looking at his friends you seem to know him ,username stjudas, do you know him well?
I invited him to the Warframe clan and as a reward for putting up a brilliant intro on here you will be getting a promotion from SUMO to NINJA in the dojo.
If you do play the a bit, try to be on the lookout for some PLASTIDS, we kind of need them. Top Contributors to resources get further promotions up the tree.
See you online matey.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Northlander :waving:

It was good to have you with us in party chat the other night on Warframe and I'm glad the info gleaned was useful. No doubt you'll get more of that in future chat, plus there's the Warframe section here on the site that will no doubt expand further as more information is added.

Has @Acegadgets dragged you onto one of his 'easy' missions yet? If not, I'm sure he will soon - rock hard bad guys with him equipped with an unranked Warframe armed only with a feather duster! :lol:

So now you're here, you'll see a bit more of what we are about. As has been said, we are a community more than a clan, where we game together to get away from the l33t kiddies and those who are fixated by high kill/death ratios. We play for fun and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are and most importantly, real life comes first. :)

You'll see that the other big game around here is Brokenfield Battlefield 4. Like Warframe, there are Seniors on this most nights and @DrewePeacock tends to put up specific events on Fridays and Sundays. Do you play BF4? If so it would be great if you could join in when and if you can tear yourself away from Warframe (something that I'm struggling to do, I've missed a couple of BF4 events recently).

GT5 was popular around here for a while and we used to have a weekly event on Saturdays. @mick is our GT mainstay. As for GT6, there hasn't been the take-up with that game which in part is due to the arrival of the PS4. I think that those who have the latest console will be looking at DRIVECLUB as the next racing game.

We do play other games too including GTA, Killzone (currently taking a rest), Diablo III and more. We're always open to new suggestions too and many of us are looking forward to new games such as Destiny, Watch_Dogs and The Division.

Hopefully you've had a chance to read our About Us section at the top of the forums, which explains more of what we are about and our two membership options - standard (which you already are) and full. Full membership gets you some extra goodies as mentioned (and I must update that, there's a few additions). All that in exchange for this being your main (or sole) community and flying the [SNR] tags in online games. Anyway, have a read and a think about it and let us know what you would like.

I'll send you a FR tonight unless you beat me to it (note the dash on the end of my name if you do).

Hope to see you on Warframe tonight. :D

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the best little gaming community on PS4 @Northlander glad you found us.

Warframe seems a little like marmite here as you'll soon figure out if you haven't already, good little game but many of us don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Where abouts in the North East are you then?

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the best little gaming community on PS4 @Northlander glad you found us.

Warframe seems a little like marmite here as you'll soon figure out if you haven't already, good little game but many of us don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Where abouts in the North East are you then?
And still PS3 dude. How fast ye forget.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Northlander! I'm afraid that I have developed quite an aversion to Warframe so unless you have Battlefield 4 I doubt you'll have the pleasure of my company in the foreseeable future. I'm sure our resident Warframe addicts will take good care of you though!

Do you still have a PS3? We'd probably have a few games in common there although I haven't picked up GT6 yet.

Northlander

Reaction score
Woah! Thanks for the welcome guys!

Quickly (I'm at work)

I still use my PS3, I have BF4 (PS4)

:mrgreen:

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Northlander
DAMN!! Another good person ( or possible alien, who really knows this day and age) lost into the deep dark abyss of ruddy War@#$! My hubby Sportsvee is hooked, though some good did come out of it I now have my own shiny new PS4. You have found yourself a great bunch of people here, they are all really lovely and funny as hell... apart from Colsonders he's just..... there are no words hehe. Hope to see ya on BF4 maybe

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So @HERMAN_JELMET I've seen the SNR GT5 channel on YouTube, is there a GT6 series on here I could get into?
We used to play GT5 weekly. Great game but I didn't jump on GT6 due to the release of the PS4. Hopefully we'll see that released on the current gen platform this decade as I'm sure @mick misses my late, heavy breaking, fish tailing bumper rubs. ;)

I'm guessing from your PSN ID you're a bit of a Nemesis the Warlock fan? :mrgreen:
and.... I'm a fan of Halo Jones. I used to have a cat called Toby who was ironically possessive of me. Myself and @Martok were looking at 2000AD in WHS the other day; it's got so thin! I was chuffed to see you've got Dredd as your Twitter profile backdrop. :D

Anyway welcome to the nut house. We're a friendly community as you've discovered and not afraid of a bit of banter whilst gaming. We're a varied bunch of similar age gamers. We've got trophy whores, completionists, stat junkies, singing hobnobbers, petrol heads, pinball wizzards (sic), gun nuts, Dads (lots), wife's (no Mums?), dog owners, cat slaves, IT geeks, hoteliers, logisitic experts, wine experts, tea totalers, Trekers, oh the list goes on and on......

Most of all though we've got each other. :sick:

Abs :crazy:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Howdy chief, from more Northern parts than you!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Halo you forgot, people who pretend to be thick, but aren't, keep ducks and are having a mid life crisis.