Greetings

TheFerret

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought I would drop by and say HI!

I am a member of OAP and have gamed with a couple of your members on the PS4, mostly on Battlefield and Killzone. I am 38 and have been gaming since my dad bought his first computer the ZX80 right up until now. Unfortunately my gaming platforms in the early years were governed by whatever machine my dad bought. Two of possibly the worst machines were the Sharp MZ80k and the Sinclair QL. These were not the best machines to nurture my keen interest in gaming.

Luckily as I got older although still choosing crap platforms for himself he bought me an Amiga 500 which blew me away. I still have fond memories of loading Batman for the first time and being amazed by the music!

I used to be an avid PC gamer until the PS3 launched, by this time I was fed up of spending a fortune on new graphics cards and extra ram to try and improve my shooting skills. I actually found out soon after buying the PS3 that I could have saved my money as it was me not the PC at fault..... It is just as well that I am not that bothered by K/D ratios and more interested in having a laugh with some similar minded gaming buddies!

Anyhow, I look forward to gaming with some of you soon.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Your name looks familiar but I don't know if it is just because there is a TV programme called The Ferret. I shall go check my OAP tag collection.

Anyway I am one of the PS4 BF4 players if you want to add me.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello, @TheFerret :waving:

Around here both Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall are popular, so you should have plenty of chances to play alongside some Seniors. We've got a BF4 evening tonight and a KZS event next Wednesday - details are in our Events section. Please do sign up if you're able to make either of these and I hope to see you in-game soon. :)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the SNR! As Plax, I'm a BF4 player on the PS4 (I'm also swedish and spells like crap). Looking forward to meet you online, and yes, please add me if you want to!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad you dropped in. Hope to see you in a game soon

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Ferret! I believe I was on the wrong end of your sights a few times earlier this week!

Looking forward to seeing you online again soon. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR mate.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Ferret. Good to see you mate. No doubt I'll see you on Ghosts, killzone etc soon. :1thumbup:

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Howdy Ferret and Welcome,
With my crap reflexes I pretty much stick to offline when playing FPS games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. You never know, our paths may cross sometime in the future, I am playing GTA V now and I am unsure what my next game will be.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya Ferret! I'm kinda glued to my Vita at moment due to it being silly season at work but will hopefully catch you online some time.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hai Ferret, nice to see you on the boards here. I know what you mean about it not being the tech that makes you struggle with FPS, I dabble in Killzone as you know but my main FPS is CoD.

I've been playing it since WaW and despite it being pretty much the same every year in respect of mechanics, I never get any better at it and continuously come near the bottom of the leader boards.

Although I enjoy it and I guess that's the main thing :D

Hopefully join you in Killing some Helghast soon, or more likely I'll be the one getting killed :D

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Ferret, welcome to Seniors. We have gamed together on many occasions and always good fun. Put your feet up and don't hog the fire! :D

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have played a few games with Ferret in BF4 I think, all I remember was he killed me more than I killed him!

Hiya dude!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Feel free to join us on BF4 tomorrow night, or indeed any of our other events. Details in the Events forum. :)