• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Greetings & Salutations

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello SNR members,

Lovely to make your acquaintance. My name is Roots (not in real life though:)). I'm applying for full membership of Senior Gamers.
I'm 49 years old, and have been gaming most of my adult life. Like many, I've gamed since the days of Binatone, and still own my ZX81, Spectrum, Master System, Mega drive etc, all kept safely in the loft:).

I'm still an avid gamer and will sometimes spend up to 9 hours a day gaming, not that it makes me any better mind you:D.
I'm currently playing Destiny, and spend a lot of time on there, so that is my fave game at the moment. I also have around 10 trophies left to get that will let me platinum Watch Dogs, Shadowfall & Last Of Us Remastered. I do like trying to platinum games that I really enjoy.

I actually heard about this site from a current member, and have now finally got around to having a look around, and I do like what I see so far. I'm not into serious competitive gaming, and just like to game for fun.

I'm married and have been for the last 10 years, and have been with the same person for 20:shock::D. She doesn't mind me gaming, so I can pretty much game whenever i want.

I hope to game with some of you guys, and hope to become a productive member of this community. My PSN is: Rootsrockers, please add me if you like:)

Kind Regards

Roots

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @Rootsrockers, nice to meet you! Great intro too. :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions soon, but for now make yourself comfy. It's good here.

Will send a friends request now. See you on Destiny soon! :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Friends request in the post. Hope to see you online soon:1thumbup:

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Drewe,

Have now just added you:). I've brought a bean bag, so i'll get comfy on that and it'll be great to game with you on Destiny. Now preparing to attempt the Vault:crazy:.

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Friends request in the post. Hope to see you online soon:1thumbup:
Hello Torque,

Pleased to make your acquaintance, and have now added you as well. Look forward to gaming with you soon:)

Roots

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Roots, nice to meet you. I'm also pretty hooked on Destiny, it's the only game thus far to entice me away from BF4.
Let us know how you get on with the Vault of Glass. A group of us SNRs are attempting it and have so far spent most of the time shovelling holes to bury ourselves in. Well, apart from @yinkin who prefers to throw himself off the side instead even though the shovels were his idea.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Roots. I am also a big Destiny player at the moment, will chuck you a friend's request :)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Roots!
I'm pretty much done with Destiny myself, but I'll throw you an invite since there's more than that :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Rootsrockers :waving:

Welcome to the site, I hope you will get to feel at home here.

I'm applying for full membership of Senior Gamers.
Good man! :1thumbup:So, we like to game with prospective new members to get to know them (and they us). Make sure you get folks who do play with you to stick a vouch into your intro thread to speed things along.

still own my ZX81, Spectrum, Master System, Mega drive etc, all kept safely in the loft
Blimey! I got rid of mine a long time ago. Still remember the ZX81 with its thump-sensitive keyboard and the ZX Spectrum with it's rubbery one.

I actually heard about this site from a current member
So who is it? What dirt do you have to spill on this member? ;)

Hope to see you online soon! :)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet you @Rootsrockers, good to meet another Destiny player, will send a frend request once I'm online. Good luck on the Vault and be aware of those evil Vex :evil:.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Rootsrockers, Welcome to the Seniors! If you are thirsty or have the munchies, please let me know, I'm still on catering-duty for clan-members. Games I currently play are bf4, destiny and minecraft, I ll send you a FR on sunday! Pafkes (barf/ puff)

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Rootsrockers
not playing destiny myself anymore, pretty hooked on SOM at the moment hope to catch you online soon

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Roots, nice to meet you. I'm also pretty hooked on Destiny, it's the only game thus far to entice me away from BF4.
Let us know how you get on with the Vault of Glass. A group of us SNRs are attempting it and have so far spent most of the time shovelling holes to bury ourselves in. Well, apart from @yinkin who prefers to throw himself off the side instead even though the shovels were his idea.
Hi Plaxinator,

The Vault went well. I have already done it once before, and we managed to get to the last boss again last night. We stopped there as it was very time consuming and one person rage quit due to the jumping section:rant::shock:. TBH, I am not the greatest gamer and am more of a follower than a leader. I have other gaming friends who have kindly helped each other through it. One particular friend has done it several times. I will be more than happy to lend my assistance and help any SNR members with my limited knowledge. It's a pleasure to meet you and look forward to gaming with you soon:)

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Roots. I am also a big Destiny player at the moment, will chuck you a friend's request :)
Hello Pede,

Great to make your acquaintance, look forward to gaming with you soon:)

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Roots!
I'm pretty much done with Destiny myself, but I'll throw you an invite since there's more than that :D
Hello NVranya,

Nice to make your acquaintance. Yes, there's definitely much more than Destiny:). I have Far Cry 4 on pre-order and watched the amazing Alpha of Arkham Knight at EGX a few weeks ago, a game that will definitely be on my pre-order list:).

Look forward to gaming with you soon.

Roots

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the retirement home Roots. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Rootsrockers :waving:

Welcome to the site, I hope you will get to feel at home here.

Good man! :1thumbup:So, we like to game with prospective new members to get to know them (and they us). Make sure you get folks who do play with you to stick a vouch into your intro thread to speed things along.

Blimey! I got rid of mine a long time ago. Still remember the ZX81 with its thump-sensitive keyboard and the ZX Spectrum with it's rubbery one.

So who is it? What dirt do you have to spill on this member? ;)

Hope to see you online soon! :)
Hello Martok,

Absolutely no worries. I'm hoping to finish the last boss tonight on Vault in Destiny. From then I'm hoping if it's okay to jump in with some of the members who play Destiny.

The member who told me about the site is: themaskedmarvel, I have gamed with him for quite a while now, and we occasionally meet up in real life:). Unfortunately the only dirt I can dish on him is that he's a really nice guy, but just happens to be a bullet magnet, tank magnet or zombie magnet...you get my drift:D

I will send him a message on PSN later and ask if he would kindly vouch for me. Hope to game with you soon.

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the retirement home Roots. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Hello Spruijt,

I brought my own bean bag, but I may need help getting up out of it to get to the Bourbons and Custard Creams:oldgamer:

Look forward to gaming with you.

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet you @Rootsrockers, good to meet another Destiny player, will send a frend request once I'm online. Good luck on the Vault and be aware of those evil Vex :evil:.
Hello Skarpar,

Nice to make your acquaintance too:) The Vex are the bane of my life. The Minotaurs and Hobgoblins are also high on my list of annoying things:D.
Look forward to gaming with you soon.

Roots

Rootsrockers

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Rootsrockers, Welcome to the Seniors! If you are thirsty or have the munchies, please let me know, I'm still on catering-duty for clan-members. Games I currently play are bf4, destiny and minecraft, I ll send you a FR on sunday! Pafkes (barf/ puff)
Hello Pafkes,
Thank you for the welcome:). I'm always scavenging around for food and beverages, and it is indeed handy to know where to come for these particular supplies. You will be seeing me soon:grandpa:. Look forward to gaming with you.

Roots