• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Grand Theft Auto V Release Dates and Exclusive Content Details for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, 2014 with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. For more info about gaining access to exclusive content for returning players, please visit rockstargames.com/V/bonuscontent.

Stay tuned for a brand new trailer coming at 9am Eastern today – and for now, enjoy these sixteen new screenshots taken from the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

Source.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd quite happily replay the single player all over again & then dive into multi-player.
Shame I've been such a naughty boy this year & Santa won't be emptying his sack near me...

Still, fingers crossed I'll be able to pick up a PS4 GTA5 bundle in the January 2015 sales!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd quite happily replay the single player all over again & then dive into multi-player.
Shame I've been such a naughty boy this year & Santa won't be emptying his sack near me...

Still, fingers crossed I'll be able to pick up a PS4 GTA5 bundle in the January 2015 sales!
I'll be playing the PS3 version till the PS4 version comes out and i know Pezza will be playing it as i don't think hes got any other games haha

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I played this to death on the PS3, I don't think that I will get it on PS4.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be playing the PS3 version till the PS4 version comes out and i know Pezza will be playing it as i don't think hes got any other games haha
I'll try to get online at some point over the weekend. Can't promise but will hopefully on tomorrow evening.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And you ALL said I was crazy waiting for the PS4 version, look who's laughing now chumps that's right I'm laughing and struggling to contain myself.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Details on exclusive content for returning GTAV players
New activities and items for players coming back to Los Santos on PS4

Ever since we announced Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 4, some of you have been asking if there will be anything extra for those PS3 players who are planning on picking up the new version. To reward loyal GTAV fans for coming back to the newer, more detailed version of Los Santos and Blaine County, we’ve created an array of exclusive items specifically for these players – with each of them connected to activities designed for you to experience the game’s massive world in new and exciting ways. Here are some of the new items and activities that will be available for returning players:

The Dodo seaplane: It may take a little firepower to get your hands on this highly versatile GTA classic.

New Events & Rewards
Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacingImponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodoseaplane.

The Imponte Duke O’Death: As you might expect, when you first stumble upon this near-indestructible mayhem machine, trouble will follow. Deal with it judiciously and this beauty’s all yours.

Murder Mystery
As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you’ll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.

Weapons: The Rail Gun & Hatchet
Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.

The futuristic new Rail Gun unloads powerful rounds of explosive ammunition upon foes

Wildlife Photography Challenge
There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.

Completing the Wildlife Photography Challenge will unlock the Kraken Sub

Stock Car Races
Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.

Finish first in the new Stock Car Races to earn new Muscle Cars

Monkey Mosaics
A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.

Take to the skies in the faster and more maneuverable Xero Blimp

New Vehicles and More
Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with theCheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.

There will also be a bounty of content for all players, new and returning, to discover – including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we’ve got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day. And as previously announced, current GTA Online players on PS3 will be able to pick up where they left off, transferring their characters and progression seamlessly to PlayStation 4 (Social Club membership required).

Few objects are an obstacle for the intimidating Cheval Marshall.

In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game will receive a bonus of GTA$1M ($500k for Story Mode and $500k for use in Grand Theft Auto Online).

Visit the Rockstar Games Newswire for more info.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks so awesome on ps4, so happy I put off getting this on ps3, although I played a little on 360.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto V on PS4: Introducing all-new First Person Mode
Available in both GTAV and GTA Online, Rockstar Games has made a host of changes to accommodate this new perspective

First Person Mode gives players the chance to explore the world of Los Santos and Blaine County directly through the eyes of their character, revealing all the world’s glorious details in an entirely new way.

Available in both GTAV and GTA Online, Rockstar Games has made a host of changes to accommodate this new perspective, including the creation of an optional first-person cover system, a new targeting system, a more traditional FPS control scheme, and integrating thousands of new animations into the existing game. It’s also available at the touch of a button so you can easily switch back and forth between perspectives.

Alongside the new First Person mode, Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 features hundreds of additions and enhancements including 1080p resolution at 30FPS. Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 is coming November 18th.

And don’t forget, you can transfer your previous Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression from PS3 or Xbox 360 to PS4

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I must admit this does tempt me to buy it again.
If it will work with Project Morpheus (they should hurry with that!) it will be a no brainer :)

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Damn you @Martok ! :brick: I was trying not to buy this again, why did you have to post a video of the 1st person view

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To celebrate the release of the new, enhanced versions of Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, we will be releasing limited edition collections of the game's star-studded soundtrack on both CD and Vinyl (@anyoneYoung, thats the big plastic music discs your mum and dad listened to back in the 80s), in collaboration with Mass Appeal Records.

‘The Music of Grand Theft Auto V’ limited edition collections include 59 tracks with original music from A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, Twin Shadow, Wavves, Flying Lotus, Yeasayer and more. In addition, these limited editions will feature the original score composed by Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist + Oh No, mixed by DJ Shadow, along with the other incredible music featured in Grand Theft Auto V. Limited to a production run of under 5,000 units worldwide, these limited editions will be available from December 9 at top online and physical record stores.

The vinyl collection will feature a total of six vinyl records, a full color booklet and an exclusive lithograph poster in a classic box-set. The CD collection includes three discs along with a branded Grand Theft Auto V gold brick-shaped USB Drive, artwork and poster all sealed in a special die-cut package.

Also, as mentioned in Pitchfork's story today, a number of DJs from GTAV are adding new radio content to their respective stations, including Big Boy, DJ Pooh, Nathan and Stephen from WAVVES, Kenny Loggins, Twin Shadow and Cara Delevingne as well as a few of the dial's biggest chatterboxes - Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris and Duane Earl.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Played it once and finished it, so wont be paying for it again. The bonuses don't justify the cost.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still haven't finished it in PS3 so won't be getting it on the PS4

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
we will be releasing limited edition collections of the game's star-studded soundtrack on both CD and Vinyl
What, no Edison cylinder?!

Didn't get this on the PS3 so I'm tempted.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never played any of them! I don't even really know apart from stealing cars what you have to do!
Is it mainly single player or mainly online
I would rather have it downloaded but am worried I may not like it and I'll be stuck with a £55 game I can't shift on! Is this in any way possible that I may not like it? I've never seen anyone who says its shite!
Are these preorder credits essential to pay the game?
Is it really that good?

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I want this game! First Person view only makes it a even more obvious choice...
I recently won a PC Copy of the new Sniper Elite (I compared the life of a sniper to the life of a teacher and focused on all the similarities). Gonna trade that in to lower the costs on this must-have :)