Multi Grand Theft Auto Online includes over 500 missions

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
... Including golf.

Rockstar has released new details of Grand Theft Auto 5's expansive multiplayer mode, GTA Online.

Set after the main campaign, the offering will include more than 500 missions, Game Informer reported (thanks, CVG).

Almost all activities from the game's single-player mode will be present, including heists, hijacking, robberies, racing and assaulting gang hideouts. Should you tire of lawbreaking, tennis, golf and base jumping will also be available.

Your world will be populated by friends and crew members, then other nearby players at a similar level. It'll also be inhabited by a number of faces from GTA5's story, such as a car dealer that you can sell stolen motors to.

Performing jobs for different groups will offer rewards. Befriend the biker gangs and they'll turn up to support you during missions. Pal around with a tech-savvy character and he'll remove you from the radar during missions. And a friendly security firm can arrange for airstrikes.

GTA Online will notice which types of missions you prefer and offer more of the same type based on your tastes.

There's even a passive mode to avoid being attacked by other players - but this will be automatically disabled if you fire a weapon.

Grand Theft Auto 5 launches worldwide next Tuesday, while GTA Online goes live on 1st October.

Source: Eurogamer

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
BLAM! Nice one. If I should flunk this year at school, you'll know why :D
Getting very excited now.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wonder If them gang hideouts will be the same as RDR?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From the "Online" trailer, there was quite clearly an editor tool too, so technically there are an infinite number of UGC levels to come. Whether any will be any good is a different question!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From the "Online" trailer, there was quite clearly an editor tool too, so technically there are an infinite number of UGC levels to come. Whether any will be any good is a different question!
New content will continue to be added post-launch by both Rockstar and the community. You can create new races or missions in the mode's content creator, share them with friends and try other people's creations.
From this thread [URL]http://www.seniorgamers.net/threads/gta-online-launches-two-weeks-after-the-main-game-on-1st-october.1100[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New content will continue to be added post-launch by both Rockstar and the community. You can create new races or missions in the mode's content creator, share them with friends and try other people's creations.
From this thread [url]http://www.seniorgamers.net/threads/gta-online-launches-two-weeks-after-the-main-game-on-1st-october.1100[/url]

http://www.seniorgamers.net/threads/gta-online-launches-two-weeks-after-the-main-game-on-1st-october.1100/

edited cause its stooped !

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had edited it once cause I buggered up the link wotsit, but when I tried to edit it again the edit screen loaded up but I couldn't actually do anything with it, thats why I made a second post.

Incidentally whats the format for making a link, I just wanted a "click here" type thing rather than the whole URL. Originally I used Clicky click but that didnt work so was going to put quotes around the URL, then I gave up.

EDIT: FFS making me look like a liar now lol

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had edited it once cause I buggered up the link wotsit, but when I tried to edit it again the edit screen loaded up but I couldn't actually do anything with it, thats why I made a second post.

Incidentally whats the format for making a link, I just wanted a "click here" type thing rather than the whole URL. Originally I used Clicky click but that didnt work so was going to put quotes around the URL, then I gave up.

EDIT: FFS making me look like a liar now lol
You don't by any chance have Javascript disabled do you? If so, have you tried the site since the update with it switched on? I know you had problems with it with the shitty PS3 browser but it might be better now. I know the editor is more functional.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You don't by any chance have Javascript disabled do you? If so, have you tried the site since the update with it switched on? I know you had problems with it with the shitty PS3 browser but it might be better now. I know the editor is more functional.
It was probably something I did/didnt do, not had much sleep lately thats my excuse.

And no, Javascript was on, I was on my craptop at the time.