• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS3 Gran Turismo 6 update adds new cars, tracks and game modes

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A wealth of brand new content leaves the garage today

Hello GT fans. We’re happy to announce that update 1.12 is now available to download for Gran Turismo 6. This update brings a host of new features and content to your garage and racing experience. Here is just a taste of what’s now available:

Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo
The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition. The designers’ original intention in designing the FT-1 was to unabashedly appeal to the die-hard car enthusiasts. This car can be earned by completing just one lap (regardless of lap time) in the new limited time FT-1 Seasonal Event.

Online Quick Match
Quick Match is a simple online racing mode that lets you take part in events with pre-determined regulations. When each individual event is entered, player matching takes place automatically, followed by the race itself. By selecting “Quick Match” from the My Home screen you can now quickly and easily join a race with players around the world.

Sierra Time Rally at Circuito de la Sierra
In our first original long course “Circuito de la Sierra”, modeled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time. The time remaining can be extended by passing through checkpoints in the 12 different sectors of the course. During your drive you can raise your score and combo level by successfully overtaking vehicles and passing through speed traps along the way. Be careful, any impact to the barriers or other cars will cause your combo to be lost.

In addition to the new game mode, the Circuito de la Sierra track can be played in both offline single player and online race modes.

Nissan GT-R NISMO edition
The GT-R NISMO is the ultimate articulation of the R35 GT-R. First released in 2007, Nissan engineers have been meticulously honing the GT-R’s performance with each version of the car that has followed. This latest version has set the fastest volume production car record at the famous Nordschleife (North Course) on Germany’s Nurburgring with a time of 7:08.679 with its retuned suspension, updated turbochargers and increased downforce. The new GT-R NISMO edition will be awarded as a free gift to everyone who participated in this year’s GT Academy online event.

For more info, check out www.gran-turimso.com and the official GT Facebook page.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GT6 just didn't do it for me at all. So I'm not to bothered that I am PS3 less now.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still haven't got round to buying this yet. It's getting cheap enough now that I might consider it and dust off my wheel

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still no B-Spec yet :(

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still no B-Spec yet :(

don't need it, longest endurance race only takes 24 minutes. PD listening to the casuals moaning bout the races from GT5 being too long.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still haven't got round to buying this yet. It's getting cheap enough now that I might consider it and dust off my wheel
Had thought about it myself but reckon I'll just wait.

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah GT7 will be in a couple of years. On PS4 and much better

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All this talk of GT6 has made me go and win a 2nd hand copy on eBay. Apparently it's easier than GT5 so I might be able to get more than 70% of the trophy list.

Who else still has it then, @DarthRaiden666 does I'm guessing. Don't think anyone else really picked it up?

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm usually on GT6. It is easier then 5.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have GT6 but have only done the very basics. Need to make some time for it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My copy has arrived. I put it into download the updates at about 17:30. I have fiber optic broadband. It is *still* updating. It's on update 9 of 11, 74% of the way through. Sure I've been streaming stuff on the iPlayer and downloaded something on the PC, but still. It's taking forever!!!!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wowza. Finally downloaded all the updates, and now it is installing something in-game which is apparently going to take "Approx. 150 mins"
Totally forgot how ridiculous the GT5 updates were, so shouldn't have expected anything less of GT6.

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
but least there's no 24 hour races anymore haha.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will see if I can find a cheap copy & tempt the missus away from MotorStorm Apocalypse!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
but least there's no 24 hour races anymore haha.
Those were stupid. I did the B spec 24 hr ones I think by leaving my PS4 on over night. For the A spec ones I can't remember if I just did a few laps, parked up and went to bed and finished off later that day or if I just read that you could do that.