PS3 Gran Turismo 6 demo launches next week

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Following on from yesterday’s reveal of the product and pre-order goodies we can expect when Gran Turismo 6 hits retail this year, I am very happy to bring you even more GT news.

Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.

What’s more, if you are in one of the GT Academy regions* then the demo could also be the ticket for your chance to race for real with Nissan .

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy (and one of the brand new confirmed GT6 track locations in GT6).
In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.

Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.

The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.

Details on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com and more news and information on the demo will be incoming shortly, so keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for updates.

*GT Academy regions: France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia, Germany and Russia

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
GT6 is too little too late I think. Should have been out a year ago its way too close to the PS4 to bother with.
Yeah shit loads of cars, most of which shall probably be ported from GT5, which were ported from GT4.
This is the first GT I have no interest in getting.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wont be rushing out to get the new PS4 so may well be interested in getting GT6. Just depends what extra features you get in the game. Not interested in lots of versions of Japanese cars, Some classic European cars from the last 50 years would temp me car wise. At the moment all I know is that you will get Silverstone and Bathhurst tracks. Is that worth paying £40 for?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm interested as I'm hoping the interface is an improvement on 5! Will certainly give the demo a whirl.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wont be rushing out to get the new PS4 so may well be interested in getting GT6. Just depends what extra features you get in the game. Not interested in lots of versions of Japanese cars, Some classic European cars from the last 50 years would temp me car wise. At the moment all I know is that you will get Silverstone and Bathhurst tracks. Is that worth paying £40 for?
Me neither Ace, there is supposedly a new physics engine, better use of tyres, loads of aero stuff plus the new tracks.
All of the cars from GT5 will be in it (ie 1000 skylines plus a couple of non jap cars).

I hope that when they do get round to releasing GT on the PS4 that they dont do a half arsed job with the cars like they did on GT5.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure to pick this up at some point if only to keep my GT series collection complete. I too am bugged that this is so late in the ps3's life and for once will begrudge the retail price. Is this the beginning of the end? (Or was that in fact GT5!?) If DriveClub gets a foothold and Project Cars is released on PS4 before GT6 I think they will have a fight on their hands to hold on to their market share.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to play the demo regardless. I'm shit at driving games so I'm sure I won't notice any difference between GT5 and GT6 anyway!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I shall give the demo a try but in all honesty I don't expect to be blown away by it. In a way I hope it isn't great, its £40 I could put toward a PS4.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Would like to get it as I've had them all so far. But it will be a PS4 version. Like Plax I sux at driving but did like the manager side of it.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Would like to get it as I've had them all so far. But it will be a PS4 version. Like Plax I sux at driving but did like the manager side of it.
Dont think GT6 is due to be released on PS4.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dont think GT6 is due to be released on PS4.
Currently it's PS3 exclusive.

Until there's some wheels available for the PS4 it's a fruitless exercise given the controller support on the series in the last few incarnations.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Kazunori Yamauchi has stated in many interviews that there will be a ps4 version but not for some time (maybe to make us all buy it on ps3 first!) so I'm sure it will happen.

As for wheel support, I don't see your point Col. Pretty much all available wheels have worked out of the box with all generations of GT. Admittedly, remapping support for a couple of higher end wheels was slow to arrive but is there now. I can't see them going backwards from this point! Surely the ps4 will support most standard USB devices, or have you heard differently? DriveClub has confirmed wheel support I believe.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Kazunori Yamauchi has stated in many interviews that there will be a ps4 version but not for some time (maybe to make us all buy it on ps3 first!) so I'm sure it will happen.
If I remember rightly from what I have read he said that GT will be on PS4, not that GT6 will be. So could be that the first incarnation of GT on PS4 is GT7 ... maybe, I'm just reading between the lines of what I think has been said.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Speaking on the subject of GT6 with 4Gamer at E3, Yamauchi said, “I think a PS4 version will appear naturally. We won’t keep you waiting too long, but it won’t be too soon either.”

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Speaking on the subject of GT6 with 4Gamer at E3, Yamauchi said, “I think a PS4 version will appear naturally. We won’t keep you waiting too long, but it won’t be too soon either.”
Well there ya go :1thumbup:, Id hope they would make it different enough to warrant calling it GT7. :gamer:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A couple of sites that I look at goodies on have listed GT6 on PS4 as TBC (to be confirmed) so that tells me it is in the pipeline just not immediately. But with all the other sweet games on offer I think I can last......

Assassins Creed IV
Star Wars: Battlefront (yeah baby but no date yet)
Battlefield 4

Daddy's happy.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Until there's some wheels available for the PS4 it's a fruitless exercise given the controller support on the series in the last few incarnations.

Had a bit of a read online, this whole USB compatibility thing had managed to completely pass me by! It an interesting one, though my gut feeling is unchanged in that Sony would be bonkers to drop support for existing ps3 approved wheels. Looks like we will just have to wait and see unless Sony decide to clear this up. With DriveClub confirming support for all ps4 compatible wheels they must have something in mind.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had a bit of a read online, this whole USB compatibility thing had managed to completely pass me by! It an interesting one, though my gut feeling is unchanged in that Sony would be bonkers to drop support for existing ps3 approved wheels. Looks like we will just have to wait and see unless Sony decide to clear this up. With DriveClub confirming support for all ps4 compatible wheels they must have something in mind.
You missed my point entirely.

The GT games have fantastic wheel support, but they have piss poor controller support, so those of us not able to have a wheel for whatever reason are left with poor control implementation.

The fact that there may not be any wheels working on PS4 at launch would make it a terrible game to release if you're forced to use bad controls...after all, a racing game boils down to how well it controls.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So I can blame the fact that I have no wheel being the reason why I suck so badly?
And is the Demo out yet? Haven't seen it available on our shores :(