The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Good Afternoon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by farfromsane, 23 Oct 2012.

1. farfromsane

farfromsane Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I heard about this place on the eurogamer forums, seems like it might be a good laugh. I'm 36 and enjoying playing Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, gran turismo )even though i'm terrible), Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and of course burnout paradise. I'm also a PS+ member

2. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hey farfromsane! Take a chair, pull up a glass. Welcome to SNR!

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Farfromsane, nice to meet you.

So where abouts are you from? What game is currently sitting in your PS3 the most?

What happens next is we all meet up for a game, have a laugh, and hopefully you'll wish to stick around some more. We're big Uncharted and Killzone fans here, so that shouldnt be a problem in meeting up for a game one night. You a Battlefield 3 fan?

Welcome to the Seniors!! :wave: :thumbup:

4. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I'm from Hartlepool you might have heard of it. At the moment Killzone3.Uncharted3 plus all the games from +

That's why I signed up.. As for battlefield I’ve never played any of them. I couldn't stand call of duty I preferred playing MAG

I should mention I also have a Vita

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Welcome, we have a uncharted 3 event on some Tuesdays Killzone 3 on Wednesdays and GT5 on Saturdays so if you can pop along to one :)

As you like NFS and Burnout I'm gonna assume your going to get NFS Most Wanted next week. A few of us are and it would be nice to meet for some races.

6. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I'll definitely be popping along

It's on my most wanted list but i'll have to wait a couple of weeks before i get it

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Aha!! Another Vita owner. I love my Vita. Best game so far is Uncharted, closely followed by Unit 13. Unit 13 has some awesome 2 player co-op too, and the mic works brilliantly.

Ive still got MAG, which I didnt mind. Didnt like it when it was in beta, but a few patches in its not too bad a game at all. Im currently steaming through Assassins Creed Revelations in time for AC3 release.

Got any other consoles? Im a big 360 fan too :mrgreen:

8. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hey insane person or can i call you H'angus , welcome to the SNR's
    Some of those replies we got on Eurogamer, were really quite funny, I was thinking about going along with a few replies to the old jokes but haven't got around to it yet.
    As JK says there's a few playing on the games that you like. Not many of us will be getting Blops or still play Cod, its more for the younger generation . We are more into battlefield , you get more time to have a look at the scenery and even get an odd kill before you die .
    Blopps to me is:- Die, respawn Die, get laughed at by some obnoxious bairn, die ,respawn, die get sworn at by some 14 year old, die respawn, die, mute the kid playing rap music , respawn, die, throw controller at the wall, switch Ps3 off.
    So that's why I dont play it.
    I used to spend every night on Burnout and would sell my body organs to fund the purchase of the new one if I was skint and couldn't afford it. Most wanted (Burnout in real cars) is going to be the game of the year for me, really excited by it.
    Anyway tell us a bit more about yourself.
    Happy or married with children.

PS Linky for those who dont know who h'angus is http://www.popularwealth.com/index.php/monkey-hanger-hangus-hartlepool-mascot

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    :rofl: Couldnt have put it better myself!! :lol: Personally I love the game, especially the multiplayer, but I dont play it at all for the reasons listed above. I'd play it with other Seniors if I could, but its not very popular here. :(

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm also a Vita owner and mimic what Slaine has said I'm from Whitley Bay so I'm not that far away from yourself :)

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 5 from the free PS+ games finished it twice and currently trying to complete in under 5 hours for unlimited rockets :lol:

11. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Good evening farfromsane. Interesting name, is it self reflection or did someone gave you that nickname when you entered the schoolyard with your nickers on your head screaming "I'm the destroyer of worlds!!"?

Just kidding, welcome and pull up a chair. Your list of games are played on a regular bases, so you'll find enough playdates in these parts. Are you getting the new Need for Speed?

See you online.

12. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I've got the Unit and so many got to admit I do enjoy Everybodys Golf.. Mag is great especially when you really get into it, it's shame really that it takes so long to get a a game on it now. Could never justify giving money to Microsoft so never got around to getting an xbox.

I created the name in 2000 for a few years you could search google and just see me but now so many other people have started to use it 'sniff'. I'll be getting it eventually just not for the next few weeks,

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our website, farfromsane. :)

It's good to see another Killzone 3 & GT5 player. We have weekly sessions for both of these on Wednesdays and Saturdays respectively. Are you available for either of these events this week? Details are in our Events calendar. If so, you're welcome to join us and I'll chuck you a friends request.

Now us oldies like to reminisce about games and consoles gone by, so do tell us a bit more about yourself. When did you start gaming? What consoles/computers have you gamed on over the years? What games did you enjoy on these?

I've now added you to our Allies group which gives you a bit more access to the site. For full membership we like to play a game or two with you online first (which hopefully we will in Killzone & GT5) just to make sure you aren't really 13 ;) and for us all to get to know one another a bit better. If all goes well and you're still interested in becoming a Senior and flying the [SNR] tag in online games then we'll flick the switch and you'll get access to all our goodies.

Hope to see you online tomorrow. :)

14. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I'm definitely available for killzone tomorrow, Saturday is out i'll be down the pub.

I started gaming in the eighties with Spectrum 48k, Commodore 64, Amiga 500+, A1200, CD32, Dreamcast, PS1, Ps2, PSP, PS3 and now PS Vita.. I nearly forgot about my PC even though I have a good graphic Card I hardly ever play any games on it, apart from a few I get on steam cheaply

thanks i'm looking forward to getting beat haha

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    What games do you remember playing on each of these? How about Jet Set Willy, Lords of Midnight on the Spectrum? Did you play any of the Gran Turismo games on the PS1 or PS2? What favourite games did you have on these?

16. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I remember playing but it wasn't one of my favs Ithought Trap Door was great and I was obsessed by football Manager and nearly all Cult Games releases o the spectrum.. A quick shout out to Daily Thompson's Decathlon my thumbs havn't been the same since.. might have to get all those old speccy games out and use the emulator on my pc haha

I've played all the gran Turismo's I'm still not any good at them

17. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi farfromsane, hope to catch you online at some point.

Do you hit the pub every Saturday night or might we talk you in to some carry-outs and a blast on GT5 at some point? We would love another car on the grid - don't worry about ability, it's having the right attitude that counts!

18. farfromsane

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I'm too old to being hitting the Pubs every Saturday, it's only every now and then, I'm sure you'll catch me online. Don't worry i'm used to coming last while racing I get to enjoy the scenery

19. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Well you wont be last as we have Plaxinator who books that position in advance :lol: (sorry Plax :mrgreen: )

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to see you on Killzone 3 tonight, I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Unfortunately none of us could really understand what you were saying with the voice changer on, the comms aren't always great on that game and with that on we really couldn't make much out. I'd suggest you change it back to normal setting so we can have a proper chat with you, especially if you are after full membership. Unless that was your real voice, in which case you're about 13 and far too young for this community ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice