The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Good Afternon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TalllPaul, 13 Oct 2012.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
    I say afternoon but if you read this in the morning or evening feel free to change the afternoon bit :D

I am TP aka TalllPaul aka Paul aka God. I thought I would pop by and say howdo :D I don't play much BF3 anymore due to the annoyance of having randoms on my team who are not really up to the job, you know the kind who like to stay on a mountain sniping 50 miles away from the objective meaning the objective doesn't get completed and you die more due to your team not helping at all lol Not to mention since premium release nobody seems to play vanilla or B2K maps anymore :(

:rant:

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi TallPaul, nice to meet you!! :wave: So how did you get your PSN id then? :crazy:

Spain eh? Lovely part of the world. You an ex-pat or a Spainard? My grip on the spainish language is woefully inadequate :oops:

So how old are you Paul? How did you hear about us? Just the PS3 or do you have any other gaming systems (PC/360/Vita etc etc)? You mentioned Battlefield 3, but what other games float your boat?

Welcome to the Seniors!! :thumbup:

3. TalllPaul

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
    I needed a new name and eyeball paul was taken and as I was listening to a tune from TallPaul I decided to use that but with an extra L as it was taken :D I am an expat yes, been here for 6 years since the Spanish GF kidnapped me lol I am 28, nearly 29. I have seen your sigs accross the OPC forums so thought I would pay you all a visit :D I had a Vita but sold it after about a month but now i want it again so hopefully at Christmas I will get another :P I like many games but my joblessness doesn't let me buy them, I am playing FIFA 13 at the moment and I like GT5 and I want pretty much every new release in the next few months but I can't get them lol

4. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Welcome TP! Another gt5 player, excellent news!

There are race nights most Saturdays now so you would be welcome to drop in. Fire me a friend request if you like.

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our home, TallPaul. :)

For those who don't know, TP is a member of Gaming Oldies and I also follow him on Twitter.

So TP, will you be playing in the BF3 match against us tomorrow night? I've checked the challenge thread on your site and don't see your name listed. The maps will be standard only so no problem if you don't have the DLC. We also tend to run our server on standard+Karkand maps most of the time so you should generally be able to get a game with us when we play on Thursdays.

I see you're a GT5 player. We too play GT5 and have a regular session on a Saturday evening (I think GOs do too?). Maybe we should arrange a clan match on GT5?!

As a member of another community I guess you'll be after Ally status, which lets you see a bit more of the site, add a sig etc so you get a bit more whilst still wearing the GOs tag in online games. So without further ado, your name is now green and you've got the extra access rights.

Hope to see you online soon, possibly on BF3 tomorrow night. :)

6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    You know I thought I recognised the name!! Getting old.... :grandpa:

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    :lol:

Welcome TP. Everyone else has said what needed to be said regards BF3 and GT5. Do feel free to join us on Thursdays for BF or Saturdays for GT5 as the more the merrier. Hope to see you online soon.

Abs

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi toilet paper I think I used to follow you on twitter but I might have stopped on my last cleanup sowy lol

I also see some of your forum post over at GO due to following there Twitter feed.

I have been away from BF3 for a little but need to get back on, seems a few days away and you turn into cannon fodder. Stupidly missed our GT5 event yesterday as I was on Ghost Recon Future Soldier and after a rage quit on that I went to bed ;) that game has crazy lag one day I'll record some footage to prove how bad it is.

Send you round buddy

9. TalllPaul

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
    Hello :D

Considering when I play games I like to win I won't be participating in the "clan battle" on Thursday ;) and yes I normally play with GOs on a Saturday night on GT5, that is when I am not addicted to playing FIFA Clubs with PGO :P Also on Thursdays I will be in the OPC karting league :D I am not going to lie though, GT5 is now starting to feel stale for me, especially with the online garage, I wish new cars would be added, feels like we play the same cars week in week out now lol

10. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Welcome to SNR, another expat in Spain :) and kidnapped just as I was back in 2000. I wouldn't go back though, even if she took the shackles off.

11. TalllPaul

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
    Awesome :D Nice to see another Ronnie :D It is gorgeous where I live, would never go back either, although with the crisis and my joblessness I wish I could until everything passes but I now have a mortgage to try and pay :( :rant: :brick:

12. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hi TP and welcome to SNR. How's the consensus on the new Need for Speed? I foresee a few nice (clan) matches in the near future with this ;).

13. LesTom1

LesTom1 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1
    Howdy TP, you may recognise me from another forum ;)

14. TalllPaul

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    TalllPaul
    Hello Les :D I kind of recognise you from there, don't see you round there much anymore ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice