PS3 God of War: Ascension

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Anyone picking this up on release next week? I'm keen on trying the multiplayer.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Guaranteed my son will get this, which means I will too. I wasnt too bothered about the multiplayer, but the single player demo was pretty damn fine.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm very tempted as love the series. If it gets good reviews my willpower may crumble. What do you mean what willpower? :lol:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
With may current collection I have took a back seat on this year's games. Just started Hitman Absolution and still have 10 sealed games to play :'(

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Single player is amazing. Finished the game a few days ago and currently trying it on normal difficulty.

I'm going to play some multiplayer tonight if anyone fancies some co-op.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Finished the game as I mentioned in my previous post. I have to say this is the best GoW game in the series. Graphics are stunning and the combat feels even more intuitive than GoW3. This is a quick review, but I'll post a full review on the front page after I've played a bit of multiplayer.

Powers and weapons
You start GoW with full powers to give you a taste of what will come before you get stripped of them, leaving you with level 1 Blades of Chaos. As the game progresses you slowly gain new powers and abilities. Instead of aquiring different weapons, your Blades of Chaos are upgraded with the powers of the Gods:
- Fire (Ares): can set enemies on fire which will give you yellow orbs to fill your rage meter.
- Ice (Poseidon): can freeze enemies so that they'll break into pieces. This will give you green orbs to refill your health.
- Soul (Hades): summons souls to help you fight off enemies. Killing enemies with this power gives you blue orbs to refill your magic.
- Lightning (Zeus): elektrocutes enemies and gives you red orbs to upgrade weapons and abilities.
Each power has it's own upgrades to unlock bigger combo's and heavier attacks.

Abilities
Throughout the game you gain 4 abilities/artifacts to help you get access to certain places or destroy object/rebuild objects. You can upgrade these as well.

Verdict for now:
+ Stunning graphics
+ Intuitive combat system
+ Multiplayer

- No big number of enemies at once (8 at the most)
- Few boss battles

As said, full review coming soon.