The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 God of War: Ascension

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Spruijt, 7 Mar 2013.

1. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Anyone picking this up on release next week? I'm keen on trying the multiplayer.

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Guaranteed my son will get this, which means I will too. I wasnt too bothered about the multiplayer, but the single player demo was pretty damn fine.

3. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    I'm very tempted as love the series. If it gets good reviews my willpower may crumble. What do you mean what willpower? :lol:

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    With may current collection I have took a back seat on this year's games. Just started Hitman Absolution and still have 10 sealed games to play :'(

5. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Single player is amazing. Finished the game a few days ago and currently trying it on normal difficulty.

I'm going to play some multiplayer tonight if anyone fancies some co-op.

6. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Finished the game as I mentioned in my previous post. I have to say this is the best GoW game in the series. Graphics are stunning and the combat feels even more intuitive than GoW3. This is a quick review, but I'll post a full review on the front page after I've played a bit of multiplayer.

Powers and weapons
    You start GoW with full powers to give you a taste of what will come before you get stripped of them, leaving you with level 1 Blades of Chaos. As the game progresses you slowly gain new powers and abilities. Instead of aquiring different weapons, your Blades of Chaos are upgraded with the powers of the Gods:
    - Fire (Ares): can set enemies on fire which will give you yellow orbs to fill your rage meter.
    - Ice (Poseidon): can freeze enemies so that they'll break into pieces. This will give you green orbs to refill your health.
    - Soul (Hades): summons souls to help you fight off enemies. Killing enemies with this power gives you blue orbs to refill your magic.
    - Lightning (Zeus): elektrocutes enemies and gives you red orbs to upgrade weapons and abilities.
    Each power has it's own upgrades to unlock bigger combo's and heavier attacks.

Abilities
    Throughout the game you gain 4 abilities/artifacts to help you get access to certain places or destroy object/rebuild objects. You can upgrade these as well.

Verdict for now:
    + Stunning graphics
    + Intuitive combat system
    + Multiplayer

- No big number of enemies at once (8 at the most)
    - Few boss battles

As said, full review coming soon.