Finished the game as I mentioned in my previous post. I have to say this is the best GoW game in the series. Graphics are stunning and the combat feels even more intuitive than GoW3. This is a quick review, but I'll post a full review on the front page after I've played a bit of multiplayer.
Powers and weapons
You start GoW with full powers to give you a taste of what will come before you get stripped of them, leaving you with level 1 Blades of Chaos. As the game progresses you slowly gain new powers and abilities. Instead of aquiring different weapons, your Blades of Chaos are upgraded with the powers of the Gods:
- Fire (Ares): can set enemies on fire which will give you yellow orbs to fill your rage meter.
- Ice (Poseidon): can freeze enemies so that they'll break into pieces. This will give you green orbs to refill your health.
- Soul (Hades): summons souls to help you fight off enemies. Killing enemies with this power gives you blue orbs to refill your magic.
- Lightning (Zeus): elektrocutes enemies and gives you red orbs to upgrade weapons and abilities.
Each power has it's own upgrades to unlock bigger combo's and heavier attacks.
Throughout the game you gain 4 abilities/artifacts to help you get access to certain places or destroy object/rebuild objects. You can upgrade these as well.
Verdict for now:
+ Stunning graphics
+ Intuitive combat system
- No big number of enemies at once (8 at the most)
- Few boss battles
We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play PlayStation games. You can find out more in our About Us section.
If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!