Gidday all..Ok, DrewePeacock we're here!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's the Misses here, computers and me don't play well together so I hope I'm doing this right.

Husband and I are wishing to be apart of the 'old bugga' family, I can't keep up with these 9 year old's kicking my butt and making me feel slightly inferior, they should show some respect :)

The PS3 ( soon to be PS4 ) is the weapon of choice in the household ( I spit in your general direction XBOX ) we mostly play BF3 with a bit of Skyrim and Farcry thrown in for good measure

Please love us don't send us to a home just yet.

Ta all

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Good morning and welcome to our little piece of the interwebs. What's our gaming history? Do you have any other games other then BF3, Far Cry and Skyrim. We used to be on BF3 daily over here but due to real life being a big turd I have had gaming on the back burner. A few still play BF3 every other day so on that front you should have fun here ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

@DrewePeacock mentioned that you would be coming along, I'm glad you managed to overcome the issues you had with registering. I hope it wasn't that the spambot check questions weren't too hard?! :lol:

I didn't realise that we were getting 2 for the price of 1! Do you both play with the Sportsvee PSN ID or do you each have your own? If you're using just the one, would you prefer your username here to be the same or are you happy with it as it is? If you each have your own PSN ID, do you each want an account here?

I believe you're in NZ? If so, then how do you know @DrewePeacock? Did you know him from over here and as a result you wanted to move away as far as possible? :lol:

Do tell us a bit more about your gaming history - previous consoles and games played, that sort of thing. Us oldies do like to reminisce about the good old days. :oldgamer:

Finally, are you after our full fat membership offering where you become a Senior Gamer, get to fly the [SNR] tags in BF3 and other games and get to play with all of the extra toys we have?

Hope to see you online soon (timezone permitting)!

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad to see you guys finally made it here, it's been a while since I was on BF3 with you guys, look forward to the next outing....and BF4 on PS4 of course :woot:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I think I may have played with you on BF3. I just remember something about putting washing on the line and Givvi wanting a takeout or something. Was a while back and I was a tad drunk but the washing is definitely not something I've made up, honest.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just noticed that there's also a Sportsvee account as well as this one. Let me know if you want one each (his and hers maybe?). :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yay! Welcome guys!

To answer @Martok's question, @NitaNitro5, @LouPeacock and I met @Sportsvee in a random match on BF3 in 2011 / 2012. Don't remember when, the memory is going. Anyway, that random encounter has resulted in many stupid nights on BF3 and many laughs!

I'm glad you guys have finally got over to us here. I know the time difference is a pain, but we do meet up fairly often. It's an automatic vouch from me. :1thumbup:

See you in the Battlefield soon!

P.S. To all at SNR - don't get in a vehicle with Kerry... :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet you both. Getting quite exotic over here now. Hope to see you in a game soon.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome both. I've played a couple of rounds with mr sportsvee a while back. Good to see you have finally made it.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome you two an make yourselves at home. Hope to meet you online sometime soon.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cor Martok, is this an interrigation or something? :|
Well, gaming history........how far back do you want? Anyone remember Armoured Car (I think it was) on the Atari 800XL? Tape drive naturally. From there I progressed to an Atari 1024ST, 386, 486 and beyond, made a few PCs etc. Had every Playstation to date and looking forward to number 4. So I like games :gamer:

Play a bit of everything although the missus is hogging Skyrim so I haven't have a look in yet. Do like sandbox type ones and Battlefield of course. Have done some marathon sessions with the missus on Army of Two (when did the sun come up?).

And I completely agree with Drewpeacock, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get into a vehicle on BF2 or 3 if Mrs is driving. You have been warned.
Missus does have her own sign in but we usually just take turns when playing. If you could change it to just 'Sportsvee' that would be great......slight signup hiccup :empathy:

Otherwise.....HI, and glad to be here.

Pls note we can be very potty mouthed when playing. Just frustrating when we lack skill :brick:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hola potty mouths!

I loved my 1040STe, it was the mutts.

Look forward to seeing you online.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sportsveeeeeeeeeee, Howdo Kiwi friends.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well @Sportsvee, as you'd like full membership and have played with and had vouches from two of our most untrustworthy members, @DrewePeacock and @ColSonders... ;)

Full membership has been granted. Your name has turned red, you've got a Senior Citizen banner under your avatar and you now have full access to the site including the chat system, the community area and other stuff.

As the newbie around here you're on tea and coffee duty. Probably a good idea that you take it over anyway from @Bertiepops who I think was putting some 'added extras' in our drink. Probably explains why the coffee has always been very frothy recently...

Anyway, welcome, [SNR] Sportsvee! Now go and put on those clan tags in BF3 and wear them with pride. :1thumbup:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome aboard sah!! Just sent you a friends request. Chuffed you decided to stay:1thumbup:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Woohoo, I'm a 'made man'. No, wait, thats the mafia......
Glad to be aboard guys (and gals?) and I totally agree with the Untrustworthy part.

Now, lets get a cuppa on.

Bertiepops

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok That's harsh. You always said you liked my coffee, even if it did leave you a little giggly.

Anyhoo, Welcome to @Sportsvee - I'm sure you'll find most untrustworthy, but on the whole reasonably amusing.