• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Getting the boot

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having lots of trouble when in fireteams actually staying connected to the destiny servers.
Played earlier with @fagsbunny and got booted off, then couldn't get back into the game.
Done a PS4 reboot and still wouldn't let me on. Getting all sorts of error messages coming up.
Anyone else had any problems???

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having lots of trouble when in fireteams actually staying connected to the destiny servers.
Played earlier with @fagsbunny and got booted off, then couldn't get back into the game.
Done a PS4 reboot and still wouldn't let me on. Getting all sorts of error messages coming up.
Anyone else had any problems???
Other than not having a clue who fagsbunny is, no not really. I've been booted a couple of times from games though.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's a patch now.
Try after you updated

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Was gonna suggest the usual router/modem changes for maybe a strict Nat but looking back you have already fixed that issue in another thread hope the patch fixes your issue.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've had no end of trouble with disconnects....I am playing during the day too though where i'm likely getting matched up with Americans and stuff.

I've been having some issues with my line too though where I get temporary drops in upload speed which seem to drop Destiny and my connection to my work computer (remote desktop connection).....so it's been hard to tell for me if it's the game or my line, a bit of both it would seem but yeah you're not alone.

Seemed more stable after the latest patch though

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought all match making/instances was rather local, especially if I look at the player names in the tower, never seen so many silly Dutch names in one spot :mrgreen:

As for network issues, I haven't seen any since I changed my network setup.
Playing smooth and stable for days now.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As for network issues, I haven't seen any since I changed my network setup.
Playing smooth and stable for days now.
My setup already consists of a modem going to a router then to my PS4. This would make no difference at all unless there's something up with the routing part of your modem/router.

I've reset the firmware on mine, redone the DMZ setting and done this patch, since then everything seems fairly stable but time will tell.

Along the same lines I did actually have a multiple router setup, the second router was because previously I didn't have enough ports available for all my hardwired devices....removing this second router coincided with things getting worse but I think it was coincidence.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did what NVranya did about 6 months ago...still get issues but I put it down to living in the sticks. Top tip though...never use network plugs and a PS4...hates them :)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did what NVranya did about 6 months ago...still get issues but I put it down to living in the sticks. Top tip though...never use network plugs and a PS4...hates them :)
I'm missing something here I think?Almost everything in my house is wired, especially things like a PS4. It loves a nice plug! :)

@ColSonders yeah, the router software seemed buggy on my provider's modem. At least it could be turned off now (they didn't easily allow that a while ago)

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not wired networks...home plugs. My system hated them and slowed down the internet to a crawl...

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not wired networks...home plugs. My system hated them and slowed down the internet to a crawl...
It probably depends on your home network and electrical cabling.

I have used Devolo powerline plugs for years and they have always been fine. Earlier this year I upgraded to the Devolo dLAN 650 Triple Plus Starter Kit - not the cheapest on the market but I wanted the gigabit LAN connection. Other models only have a 100Mbps LAN connection which defeats the higher speeds that the data can theoretically transfer over the electrical cables. I must say I'm very pleased with these and the download speeds for games and patches on the upstairs PS4 are nearly as quick as the downstairs PS4 that is directly connected to the router. :)

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lucky you fella. I now use Apple Aiport Express and wire to those. Never have any issues at all apart from the odd drop from the Destiny servers but on chat it seems it happens to other folks at the same time so not overly concerned.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah, those ethernet over power thingies.
Clear now!