The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Gaming time over the holidays.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jkrohn1, 1 Jan 2013.

1. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I was just wondering if anyone has had excessive gaming time over the holidays. My plan was too have as much time as possible, but it seems I have only been on for a couple of hours. Wanted to play all the great games I haven't played yet but seem to have had little time to do anything let alone game.

Starting tomorrow I'll be back at work so 9pm - 12pm gaming time will start again. Unfortunately most of this time will be spent playing the 10+ games I haven't started yet. Many of the ps+ games I really wanted to play.

So have you guys had good gaming time over the holidays or like me have you been doing the family thing ever day and had little time to yourself?

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Re: Gaming time over the holidays.

I've had less time than I normally would have had to play games.

I've managed to get a couple of hours in on Need For Speed (still miles off 100% offline completion)

I've also managed a few hours on Borderlands 2, finishing off the rest of the trophies for all the DLC, I'm now left with just one monster I've not faced as I can't get him to spawn (Vermiverous)

And I've probably put in a good 10 hours on BF3, probably less than usual for that time period lately, but i've managed to make significant progress towards 60/60 assignments, with only 8 left to complete, some of which are already fairly close.

Back to work tomorrow though.

I've also only seen a single SNR player on BF3 over the Christmas period, wondering if it's dead in the water or if people have just been too busy to play anything.

3. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669

I dont do "the family thing", I havent seen or heard from my kids for over 5 years, I dont talk to my brother or sister as the only thing we have in common is we are related.
    I only see my parents once every six months although I spent Xmas day with them this year which was nice.

So basically I have had about the normal amount of gaming time as usual, which is really as much as I want, which is both :thumbup: and :thumbdown: for differing reasons.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-

I doubt it's dead, folk will likely have been busy.

I've not had much time for gaming over the Christmas period. I've only played a couple of times, once on Journey with HaloJ and once on Mass Effect 2 which I've rediscovered after a year.

Should be back to normal gaming next week.

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator

I thought I'd get loads of gaming in over the Xmas holidays but in actuality I have done hardly any. I've played BF3 the other night with Col & Drewe. Otherwise I've just played Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade on my PS Vita while in various peoples houses (sociable me lol). I've spent more time watching Netflix and going to the gym instead. It's kind of nice not bothering to play anything. I got F1 2012 for Xmas so I'll have a go at that at some point although I haven't even played NFS Most Wanted yet.

Back to work tomorrow though (boo).

6. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-

I haven't played any games over the holidays, apart from about 10 minutes on Killzone3. Eating and listening to football has taken up a lot of my time.

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

After reading the above I have spent a lot of time on my vita, not really playing just messing around. I'm gonna try and get on tonight, not sure what to play :D maybe FC3 or some PS+ games.

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

I spent a bit gaming, but not as much as I wouldve liked. Building stuff up for the kids and keeping them entertained seemed to take up a lot of my time, plus most of my Xmas pressies were 360 games.

9. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud

Spent a little time on blops2 at stupid o'clock hours, but mainly lego lotrs to be honest.

10. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222

I thought I would have some serious gaming time in late night but it's either kids been up till all hours or friends round till all hours I've spent more time on my vita than consoles I've been trying to grab whatever I can ,I've played warfighter more than normal though ,all I can say is roll on normal working week

11. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100

Pfffft, what holidays?

Over the past few weeks I've been working Monday to Saturday in the office so the lads can do family stuff, had my sister's wedding & subsequent party, DJed at a couple of gigs (including Hogmanay), put together + performed an architectural projection mapping piece, caught up with visiting friends, babysat my sister's 2 y.o. - personally I'm looking forward to a bit of peace back in the office but the 1st quarter is always our busiest!

Not that I'm complaining like, just a bit exhausted!

For some reason, I've rediscovered Nier - it's paced about right for tired, grumpy old men! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice