PS4 Games that will make me want one .

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been putting a lot of hours in at work and have had a promotion and small pay rise recently. So I can now afford to buy a ps4 , if i want one.
Looking at the games available at release, I can honestly say , there's nothing there that floats my boat. You can get the likes of Battlefield 4 , Cod ghosts , FIFA 14, and the Assassins creeds pirate game on the PS3, so not really worthwhile (IMHO) spending your £350 plus and EXTRA £20 per game on a new console just to get a game with better graphics. From what I can gather the only exclusive PS4 game so far " Killzone" isn't spectacular and the free to plays aren't catching anyone's imagination either.
Looking ahead to next year, and there are some good titles coming along for the new consoles.
I particullaly like the look of Watch Dogs ,The Crew ,Uncharted 4 , The Division and Mirrors edge 2.
I am hoping that there is some kind of bundle by the end of march for the PS4 as the first of the games that I fancy comes out (hopefully) at the end of march which is when I reckon i'll be getting my PS4.
Are there any other good games coming out next year that you are really looking forward too? Do you think i'm being a bit unfair with the games that are currently out, perhaps some of them are awesome?
Is there any good reason why I might like to get a PS4 now that I haven't considered?

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really like Killzone, but Uncharted, Destiny, The Witcher, Watch Dogs, and the Division are what I'm really looking forward to. Most of all is Minecraft.

Just get one Ace. You know you want to ;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Congrats on the promotion and pay rise @Acegadgets!

The PS4 is a fantastic bit of kit. Battlefield 4 will be amazing - it's pretty damn good now, but will improve enormously once the crashing issue is fixed. Resogun is surprisingly good. Killzone is also pretty good, and I imagine it will get better the more I play it.

The games you mention for next year are also on my watch list. There's plenty of good stuff coming!

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I simply look at that I'm going to get it so the longer I have it the better value it is.

It's disappointing the launch games are so expensive but the cross game chat feature is really great. I finally understand why xbox users have been going on about for years!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The new Infamous is out in March

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I never fnished either of the infamouses, cant see me buying. The next one.will wait till its free on ps plus

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Acegadgets If your trying to convince yourself to get one then you don't want one, It should be an all or nothing decision, You either want one or you don't.
I want one, You can buy me one. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a tad disappointed that quite a few games have been delayed so happy to wait a while. I am envious but think that there is plenty of life left in the ps3 plus a huge audience to cater to a la ps2.

Still want both this and vita though.

Oh & congrats!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Give it up @Acegadgets you know you want one so just get one now. Even if you don't think you will use it much, it will stop your wife spending your PS4 fund on something else.
I caved after the first day and I'm glad that I did. BF4 is great. I cancelled my PS3 BF4 pre-order because I played the Beta and thought it was shit. The PS4 version however is miles better.
The only other game I have actually played is Resogun which is excellent, you'll get that free with PS+ (for how long I don't know?).
I do have KZ, Lego Marvel heroes and Knack as well but haven't got round to taking them out of the shrink wrap yet

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BF4 and SNR is the best reason to get a PS4 at the moment.

We will still be playing this 2 months, 6 months, years down the line though, so don't worry too much about getting involved straight away but we're having great fun on BF4 currently.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you have a wonky coffee table the ps4 will even it up nicely and err you can keep your coffee warm on it while playing on your ps3, thats about it really, PS3 you know it makes sense.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Congrats Ace :1thumbup:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
congrats on the promo and pay rise.

Know where you're coming from, apart KZS nothing has my attention right now. That said it's a superb piece of kit, with who knows what arriving in the very near future on the PSN. Next game realistically coming out soon (hearing Summer now) is Destiny. Uncharted 4 and Star Wars Battlefront are both way off currently.

In short if none of the games appeal to you right now, and you're happy to wait. Then do so, however if you want to play online now with your fellow PS4 buddies go get one.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really do want one, but realistically I dont have time this year to play games and when I do play I only enjoy GTA V. Its a game that has everything and works pretty well with my poor internet connection.
I used to really like battlefield until I started having so many internet connection problems with it. I dont think I will get BF4 on the PS4, even when I get the PS4 . By the time Openreach make online gaming enjoyable for me by putting a fibre cable into my neighbourhood there will be fresher games than Battlefield around.
According to openreach fibre in my area is "December 2013" but my son who works for BT seems to think that this month is a little optomistic.
I'm therefore thinking that we should get it early next year , hopefully by the time watch dogs comes out at which point i'll get myself a PS4.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Stick to PS3 and sign back up to PS+ and wait till games come out for the PS4 you actually want before you buy it

Nearly forgot get yourself a Vita :D:oldgamer:

Last edited:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just read the details on the digital upgrade program. It seems like a better idea to look for discounted versions of battlefield 4, COD ghosts and assassins creeds black flag on PS3, such as the BF4 I got for £25.85 then play them on PS3 , and if I still like them when I get my PS4 I only pay a tenner more.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Acegadgets be aware that there is an expiry date for upgrading, eg I think AC4 has to be upgraded by the end of January.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Acegadgets be aware that there is an expiry date for upgrading, eg I think AC4 has to be upgraded by the end of January.
Yes, I saw the dates, I'm going to have a go on the xbox one version of assasins creed black flag later on to see if I like it. Currently the best price on that is £34.99, so unless it is reduced before the end on Jan to something like £25 I wont be getting that. The others expire at the end of March, I am a bit tempted to get COD ghosts, currently £29.99 and likely to drop a bit after xmas.