• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Gamer IDs and Profiles

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just added a feature to the site that will allow you to display Gamer IDs and Profiles to others as well as show various gamer cards.

What you will get

Icons appear below your avatar in posts and on the membercard (accessed by clicking on someone's avatar)

upload_2014-10-28_11-25-42.png
upload_2014-10-28_11-26-44.png

In addition, they will also appear on your Profile Page.
upload_2014-10-28_11-27-32.png

For PSN, XBox and Steam, hovering over these icons below your avatar in posts will display a pop-up gamercard:

upload_2014-10-28_11-32-25.png

Hovering over other icons will display your username for each account. Clicking on these will take you to the relevant account page (in the case of PSN, XBox and Steam it'll take you to the Exophase.com page with your gaming information; they are the ones who provide the gamer cards for this).

Gamer Cards are also displayed on a Gamer Cards tab in your Profile:
upload_2014-10-28_16-6-52.png

On your profile, you will also see some signature code that you can use in your signature on Senior Gamers as well as on other sites.

Note: Gamer cards can be viewed on tablets and mobile phones. Because there is no hover on these devices, you will need to press and hold on an icon, then dismiss the "open in new tab" dialogue box that appears. Hopefully in the future the functionality will be better for touch devices.

How to get these
You will need to add some details in your Contact Details section of your profile. Click on your name at the top right of the forum, then in the menu that appears click on Contact Details. On the page that appears, fill in the fields for accounts that you have:

upload_2014-10-28_11-43-59.png

Note: All members have already filled in a PSN ID information as it's required on registration. Some have also filled in XBox and Steam information. The reason you are being asked to fill in the information is because it makes it optional to display gamer cards for these new fields whereas the old ones simply display your gamer IDs below your avatar in posts.

Note:
Only PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, Battlelog (Origin), Twitch, YouTube and Minecraft will display below your avatar in posts. I didn't bother with League of Legends (unless some folk have this). Twitter, Facebook and Skype are the only other 3 that can be displayed in posts but I've switched these off. The reason for this is that Member Profiles are set to Members only (unless you have changed it) whereas the icons below posts and in member cards are visible to everyone including guests (I could set to members only but I thought it was nice for everyone to see these). Hopefully in the future there will be some separate privacy settings for individual icons. Of course if you don't want anyone to see this information, don't fill in the fields.

Note: You will need to make sure that your trophy/achievements are visible to the public, otherwise your gamer cards won't be displayed.

Hopefully in the future there will be further developments to this, including a gamer card displayed for BF4 as well as other improvements.

Last edited:

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice, now you can all see what a trophy whore I am.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've amended the first post as I forgot to mention that Gamer cards are also displayed in a Gamer Cards tab on your profile. See first post for details. :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sweet will add all mine later, it may take a while

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No uplay or battle.net?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Added my psn ID now. Ta.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's been an update to Gamer IDs and Profiles. The only noticeable change is that these now respect profile permissions which means that, unless you have changed these in the Privacy section of your account, they will only be visible below your avatar for registered members ie guests will no longer see them. This is because your profile page by default is visible by members only. Of course if you change this setting to public, then your Gamer IDs will be visible to guests.

Therefore if you want to add other account details such as Twitter, Facebook, Skype etc for members only to see then you can now do so.