1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

game over press a to continue

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tktonny, 21 Feb 2015.

1. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    Hi all
    I have been been known as tktonny for about 10 years and is my only online id. It originated from a forum group calked old skool anthemz, I love old skool dance music (1988-1990's). Quadrant park liverpool was the place to be.
    I am from liverpool, uk. 41yrs this year, am married 2 kids, quit work 2 years ago an went back to University.
    Gaming history zx81 commadore 64 speccy 128 +2, atari console, atari st, amstrad 464, nintendo, super nintendo, sega master, sega mega, playstation the day it came out, WOW being blown away by ridge racer, ps 2, defected then to xbox 360. After red ring of death, and 2 more 360's! I feel I have come back home to the ps4.
    oh forgot also built my own gaming pc's a few years back started with unreal tournement networked with 8 other pc, That was my first experience of mutliplayer. It was brilliant still remember it now.
    Fav games. Changes constantly, I have tried all types of games.
    So here I am bit sick an tired of mouthy divvies online, giving you grief if you mess up, screaming if you dont PTFO, I am lvl 1 think about it i dont even know what the objectives are yet lol.
    I am playing bf4 atm really enjiying it but no one uses chat which is a but lame, also mordor is a fantastic game, batman fighting style but with swords and you get to brand orc and make then fight for you.
    Now 1 word of warning if you see me online and I am stuck in a tree or running round in circle, or I shoot you or drive over you. No I am not drunk it could be my 5 yr old son playing.
    Feel free to add my to yiur friend lists, hope to get to know some nice ppl and enjoy some hassle free gaming.

Tktonny

Oh tktonny comes from my initials and my first name, I found this site through google.

zoob likes this.
  2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, @Tktonny :wave:

Good intro! Lots of detail about your previous gaming adventures, we do like to reminisce around here. I too started with the ZX81, then Spectrum and apart from trying other consoles that friends have owned, I've been a PlayStation gamer right through all of the consoles they have released.

So you're playing BF4 at the moment? Well we do have some folks here who have stuck with it and play regularly, @Bogus4Real being one of them. Others don't play it as much but are still on it once a week or so, you'll therefore find a few people here to play with. Destiny seems to have stolen the hearts of quite a few around here (despite its lack of content). Is it a game you have looked at or considered? The other game that has some hardcore fans is Warframe - if you've not tried this, do check it out as it's free to play. A lot of us are also looking forward to Planetside 2.

If you've not read our About Us section, please do so. As you'll see from there, we game for fun, skills aren't important and headsets are an essential part of our gaming - it helps us when we are working together in a game plus we can have a chat and a laugh too. You'll also see details of our membership options - standard or full. Do let us know which one you'd like when you've had chance to think about it. :)

3. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome to Senior Gamers @Tktonny. Great intro. Good luck with your study. It's hard to get back into it, especially with kids.

Make yourself at home

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. :wave:

I had two 360s that had the RROD and a ps3 that got the YLOD. At least Microsoft fixed all their 360s. Sony point blank refused.:rant:

Ive sent you a Friends request. Hope to see you online soon.

Edit: I did try to send you a Friends Request, but there are apparently two tktonnys (One with a capital T). Youll have to send me one.

#4 Slaine, 21 Feb 2015
    Last edited: 21 Feb 2015
  5. pede2010

pede2010 I'm easy!!!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    pede2010
  6. Bogus4Real

Bogus4Real Help with spellign, anyone!?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bogus4Real
    Hello and welcome! As said above, I'm one of the Battlefield players around here, and I would happily accept a friend request from you! (I would send you one if I'd I could figure out the capital T thing mentioned by old @Slaine )

See you around :)

7. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    I will have to check if I am capital T or little t will do that later when i log in.

Martok thanks for the welcome, also one of my fav star trek characters, even improved on the loss of an eye. His pesky changeling doppelganger was a nasty piece of work. Out of all my previous gaming machines i miss my super nintendo the most, i lost entire weekends to super street fighter and even mastered a 10 hit combo with Guile. Remembering the joy of landing 10 hits on my mates unanswered still makes me chortle today. I tried the trail of destiny did not really click with me i found it a bit clunky might try it again once it goes below £20 and the DLC comes down in price to. I will try warframe out. Its not grind fest is it? Most FTP can get boring if you dont get the right gear or put in a lot of time. Star trek online was a good FTP then it became a proper grind fest, needing Dilithium for everything.

Spruijt - Thanks for your encouragement for Uni, its hard work but i am now doing something i really enjoy so it takes the edge of it.

Slaine - Yeah Microsoft were kinda cool over the old RROD. I remember at one point i had a thick blanket wrapped round my 2nd 360 so it would fix the RROD. Boy did it get hot. Worked though for another 6 months anyway.

Hi Pede2010 - Is that a altern 8 profile pic ??????

Bogus4real - I have seen that name is BF4. I have been in a squad with you, i was your gunner for a bit, this is when you deffo need communication between players. You have certainly killed me once or ten times. I got BF4 premium only a few weeks back great deal to through US PSN store.

OK just checked my Online ID is - Tktonny

Bogus4Real likes this.
  8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Not as much as Destiny. There's quite a lot of content in it not and I don't find it a grind at all. Then again I'm hooked, as are several others here and we're on Warframe most nights.

9. Pernarcale

Pernarcale I'm proudly me!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pernarcale
    Hello and welcome to Senior Gamers @Tktonny.

10. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Press a what to continue?

Spruijt likes this.
  11. Bogus4Real

Bogus4Real Help with spellign, anyone!?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bogus4Real
    Ah... Let's do it with coms next time. Looking forward to playing battlefield with you!

12. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    A a to continue or any appropriate button will do. But a a is normally the excepted button press to continue as you were before. Unless
    button mapping has taken place then your guess is as good as mind.

HI Pernarcle

Martok - i am downloading warframe will try an check it out tonight.

Bogus4Real - yeah lets cause some carnage.

Bogus4Real, Martok and HERMAN_JELMET like this.
  13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Welcome @Tktonny I was a multiplatform gamer too, several 3shittys later and I finally got a PS3. Although I still had a 360 I rarely played it, when the next gen came out the PS4 was a no brainer.

I built a gaming rig again after years of console gaming and currently play PC more then PS4, my lass has the TV until late and once I'm playing on the PC I'm too engrossed to move to another game or system.

14. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    Hi Jk
    I did enjoy my time pc gaming but I am now about 90% console. Last game I spent any time on was Star trek online. Was a good game lots if ships and decent space battles to. Really enjoyed flying in my battle cruiser and causing havoc.
    If you cannot get TV time do what's do. Use remote play to use another device as a screen. I use my UNrooted galaxy note 10.1. It works well. Just got to stay in range of ps4 for the controllers to work.

15. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I remote play on my Vita but the controls are a little strange. Really wanna get back on if only to finish/start any games.

Currently playing a lot of Arma 3, dying Light and Firefall

16. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hello and welcome.

Cant resist. Gonna ask this. Jedi or Sith???

17. Tktonny

Tktonny Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    tktonny
    Jedi.
    Now my daughter is Sith through an through. Always pics villains in super hero lego. Loves empire strikes back and hums the Emperial March music. Plus looks awesome in a hood.
    I don't mind bring balance into the family

18. IamNumber6

IamNumber6 It's not me, it's my brain!

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    What about Rogue? Not many Sith or Jedi's can make the Kessel run in 12 parsecs :ugeek:

Welcome to the Seniors old bean :gamer:hope to see you around

Tktonny likes this.
  19. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Very opinionated there, I find Warframe considerably more grindy than Destiny and very little on the way of variety....and poorly implemented controls.

Each to their own mate but there's a reason Destiny has the following it does.

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Indeed, as is your assessment of Warframe. I don't find it grindy at all, when I do replay levels they aren't configured in the same way each time whereas they are in Destiny. I don't find the controls poorly implemented either and you can reconfigure the controls to suit how you want to use them.

I'd love to know what that is. Actually it would be interesting to see up-to-date figures for both Destiny and Warframe. I know Bungie said that there's 13 million registered users of the game recently. Warframe had figures of 8 million registered in March 2014. What would be more interesting would be to see the number of active players in these games, which of course will be a lot lower than these figures.

As you say, each to their own and it's nice that there are various games played here that folks can join whichever suits them. :)