PS4 Gaikai Gaming and PS Now

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony has also detailed its plans for cloud-service Gaikai, which has now been officially named as PS Now.

PS Now will be made available to US gamers this summer, and will enable players to stream PS3 games through the PS4, PS3 and - at a later date - the PS Vita.

Additionally most 2014 Sony Bravia TVs will have access to PS Now, with the KDL-R400B being excluded.

In addition to this Sony detailed its vision for PS Now, stating that in time the company plans to enable players to access their PlayStation games through non-Sony platforms providing those devices have access to the internet.

Additionally PS Now will eventually enable gamers to rent games through the service, though it's not yet clear if this will be part of PS Now when it launches in summer.

Only a limited number of games will be available at the start of PS Now's launch, with Beyond: Two Souls, God Of War: Ascension, The Last Of Us and Puppeteer available for CES attendees to play through PS Now on the PS Vita or through Bravia TVs.

Prior to the full launch, however, Sony will begin a beta program in January for PS3 gamers in certain regions of the US to take part in. Hope they have another Beta for the EU later but doubtful.

That's about all there is to know about PS Now, with no confirmed details on when European gamers might have access to the service, boo!

Source
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2227385/ps4_sony_announces_ps_now_details_gaikai_gaming.html

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Interesting! Shame there's no details about when they will make it available outside the US or what the cost will be.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Streaming PS3 games to a Vita, Awesome!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting idea - I'm assuming that in the long-run, rental will make more profit than the gaming hardware sales (which are generally at a loss). Thinking ahead does this mean that potentially, I could buy myself a new TV at some point, with the PS4 streaming to it? I'd assume that would be a longer-term game plan though as Sony would want to shift a few more PS4s first...

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not going to allow myself to get excited until we start talking prices. Got a sneaky suspicion its going to be prohibitively expensive.....

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
First stage towards removing the console from the equation altogether. I may have invested in a new TV in the January sales ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4 o’clock – Sony’s PlayStation Now game streaming service explained

We’re back! Well, I’m back at least. Here’s the first PS4 o’clock of the year looking at Sony‘s newly announced PlayStation Now service. It streams PS3 games to a range of devices including consoles, TVs mobiles and tablets. Here’s all the info revealed thus far.

Source: OPSM

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ok, so the Euro version should be called "not now" then. Shame.

Lets not have a fast train and instead get everyone a decent broadband connection.