PS3 Future Events - You decide

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would like a bit of feedback from as many people as possible.

Would like to know what sort of events you would like to see in the future, can be any idea you like. I just trying to have a idea of where to head with the Saturday nights racing by what you would all like to do.

I personally like single make/model unmodified races so no-one has an advantage due to a better car/setup.
Im not going to use the Track Generator again, although it was worth a try the tracks were a bit crap.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Single make, weather modified or not as long as they are set-up to the same PP is always fun and close. Technical set-up variations don't make a huge difference really (unless you run out of gears!) and sometimes different routes to the same PP (especially if cars are restricted using the engine power limiter) can produce interesting strengths and weaknesses during a lap. Either way I'm easily pleased!

Would quite like to be brave and go for a long race one night, maybe 25-30 laps somewhere!

We've not done any rally/snow yet either....

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Some dirt rallying and I like all cars stock or similar pp with or without power limiter. Maybe only 6 cars to choose from all with the same specs and pp.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I quite like having a fixed PP and being able to choose the car you want to race and modify it. It gives me a chance to actually win something (though I still rarely do).

I don't mind having races using the same car and unmodified too, as long as it doesn't mean an end to "pick 'n' choose & modify' races"

Beyond that, I'm pretty much up for anything!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Shuffle is always good, everyone gets similar cars then it's all about the skill

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Endurance race or GP distance races. With qualifying before hand.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
DarthRaiden666 said:
Does that mean you'll be joining us on a Saturday night then? I don't think I've played with you yet on GT5. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think some snow and dirt tracks will be a nice variation.

Also everyone having all the same car but being able to modify it.

Perhaps we could have one race with restricted PP and any car, one race with the same car with mods allowed and one race with the same car and no modifications allowed.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok said:
DarthRaiden666 said:
Does that mean you'll be joining us on a Saturday night then? I don't think I've played with you yet on GT5. :)

Maybe, I tend to be racing my American friends at 1am usually on Saturday nights. They have 2 hour long races and good fun. Sunday I'm racing sometimes with the OAPs. And if I have a gig or RL Motorsport on then I'm not on at all.

Plus I get accused for lagging when I played last time. And it p***ed me off a bit tbh when I can connect to America with no issues at all and to Mane's lobby.

But I now have Plusnets pro add on so I'll give it ago again.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like a nice variety of things to do.
Slower cars,
All using similar cars ie:- 1980's or European or race cars
Racing Softs
Short races
Rally and ice
Nascar
Choosing own car with PP limit
Lots of races rather than a dozen practice laps
Catch up on high
Dislikes
Endurace races
Lots of warm up laps
Comfort Tyres
People arguing over who hit who
People who dont ever lag.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for all of those replies it will really help.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I must admit I do like being able to tweak the vehicles but I've enjoyed each and every session we've played so far. I do wonder if our past events of having 3 car classes on 3 tracks was too much and maybe parring that down to 2 classes. When allowed to tweak though I did wonder if we should have a time limit rather than our current method of calling ready?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
I must admit I do like being able to tweak the vehicles but I've enjoyed each and every session we've played so far. I do wonder if our past events of having 3 car classes on 3 tracks was too much and maybe parring that down to 2 classes. When allowed to tweak though I did wonder if we should have a time limit rather than our current method of calling ready?
There is a option to auto start the next race X minutes after the last race finishes.