• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Fri 28 Nov 20:00] Destiny VoG - 30 Raid

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hoping to organise a lvl 30 Raid in the Vault of Glass, however, because it's the hard raid there will be a few requirements (sorry to be harsh but I don't want to waste peoples time unduly):

1) I want at least 3 lvl 30s, the remainder can be lvl 29 but 30's are preferred.
2) Any weapons to be used need to be maxed out fully.
3) You preferably need to know the tactics for all of the normal raid (with at least 4 of the 6 knowing how to use the relic - for the atheon stage).
+) I don't mind a mix of classes but a group of all sunsinger warlocks will be fine with me (with a self-rez equipped) ;)

There are 4 spaces availible (+ me makes 5 and another player I game with for no 6), but if not enough want to do the hard mode then I'll do a normal instead - just post to say if you want the hard mode or normal (aiming for hard raid first).

I will try and run a second raid (normal though) on Sunday if there is enough interest (aiming to start between 19:00 - 19:30, but I'm happy to start earlier if people are on and availible).

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm away Friday for the rugby, but will be back sometime Sunday evening. If I'm not too tired and there's a raid then I'll join.
I've now fully unlocked my Warlock and just have 4 things left upgrade on my gauntlets to get the level 30. In other exciting news, I got the Icebreaker from doing the Nightfall last night - hurrah!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm up for giving hard mode a try, I have all three classes at level 29 now and have a weapons set for the raid that will be maxed by Friday.

I'll be doing the raid between now and then on normal so with any luck will actually drop my final armour piece for my Warlock...but knowing my luck that'll take many more weeks

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My hunter is maxed at 29 at the moment, and I have a couple of sniper rifles (The Supremacy (with void) and Ice Breaker) maxed. I should have Atheons Epilogue maxed by then, and maybe Truth.

I would be up for trying, but understand if you've not got enough room. I will be running a normal raid this week, and would like to crack the hard mode before the DLC is released and we lose players to that. :D

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sign me up, lvl30 titan, all maxed weapons.
Not sure what time I'll get on though sorry. If youre going to go in at 1900 I have no chance, I won't be on before 2030 I think.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sign me up, lvl30 titan, all maxed weapons.
Not sure what time I'll get on though sorry. If youre going to go in at 1900 I have no chance, I won't be on before 2030 I think.
The 19:00 start is the second run (at 26) on the sunday, the 30 raid is to aim to start at about 20:00 on friday

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think that I will be able to fully max my best weapons out in time, but I will try :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Might not be able to make this. My little boy is poorly so it depends on If he manages to get to sleep

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We're probably not starting until half 8 to give @Jousting a chance to get on but it's not a problem if you can't come, hope he feels better soon

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup I gots me a helmet too, not the method of reaching level 30 I was planning on but possible now for that character when Boots come up for sale with Xur.

And a very eye opening experience, I know I'm a sucker for difficult games but that was just insane, so very difficult as a level 29 with hugely reduced damage.

Good to see a different set of tactics for things too.

My highlight of the night was mostly everyone dying when trying to get into the bloom chest room to hide.