The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Fri 27 July 8.30pm Battlefield 3 Close Quarters

Discussion in 'Events' started by Martok, 24 Jul 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Another outing on the Close Quarters DLC on the SNR Battlefield 3 server.

As before there will be a mix of maps from both the DLC and standard maps and a range of game modes including Gun Master, Team DM CQ, Rush (small maps) and Conquest Domination.

Please join in for some very fast paced mayhem!

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Will try and make it this week :)

3. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    I should be there early evening.:)

4. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Sorry guys but i'll give it a miss this week :(
    just too many modes for my liking and most of the maps just don't work with 16 players :thumbdown:

If you really want close quarters then you should probably stick with the dlc maps and just rotate between conquest assault, tdm and the odd gun master.
    The non dlc maps just slow the game down far too much.

Sorry for being so honest but i'm sure you'd rather know why people may not be there :tumbleweed:

5. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I made a mistake last week with the rotation testing new maps (which I should have done on my own). We're back on Col's rotation once more which was very sucessful and whilst it included none DLC maps with the 80% tickets worked a treat. :thumbup: g'wan g'wan

EDIT : Although frankly with the tardy turn out last week no wonder my rotation failed but I understand lot's of people had real life commitments.

6. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Re: Tue 24 Jul 8.30pm UNCHARTED 3 Treasure Hunters

Hi Roger, don't worry about being honest. If things don't appeal we can drop them as Halo has already indicated :)

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Oi Rog, ya bastard, what's wrong with my playlists?

The 16 player mix that I created (that I understand we're back onto) is mostly the new DLC with very few other maps in the mix, but those other maps serve a purpose of slowing it down for a few minutes and to avoid the repetitiveness of the same 4 maps being played over and over, particularly given that those 4 maps equate to maybe one full size map, it's like playing the same map over and over all night.

We like you being honest, so tell us if there's something in particular that you think doesn't work...like a specific map and game mode and we can always look to revise it, I did put a bit of time into trying to make a decent playlist, but at the end of the day it needs testing and feedback and tweaking to get it spot on.

8. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    :rofl:
    To be honest Col, the low turn out didn't help at all with the close quarters matches last week.
    That team deathmatch on Tehran highway was almost painfull and operation 925 is a little too big for gun match.
    If you check on the battlefield stats pages, it's possible to see what the most popular maps are for the respective game modes.
    i was looking through the top 100 servers yesterday and here's a couple of things i noticed.

1- most popular conquest maps are Caspian, Kharg, seinne, firestorm and the karkand map where you start on a carrier if your American, can't remember the name :oops:

2-most popular rush maps are Metro, kharg, damavand and i think it was tehran highway :?:

3- team deathmatch were Noshar, grand bazaar (**** i hate that map) Metro and seinne.

4- by far the most popular maps on close quarters are Ziba and scrapmetal, there's quite a few servers set up just to play these two maps .

i suppose it's a case of do i set up the server the way i want to play or do i set it up to attract as many people to the server as possible.
    It's also helpful if your first map on the rotation is a small one, that way if there's not many on to begin with, it still keeps the games moving at a decent pace until the server fills up.

not trying to nit pick in any way, just trying to help you attract as many players as possible :thumbup:

9. kencanvey

kencanvey Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    kencanvey
    There is a slight chance I may be able to dodge a few bullets while supplying the enemy with nades, but I make no promises :P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice