Fresh meat

benedikt_KGB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hello my names john and in a weeks time ill be 43 years old , been playing video games since about 1984 on my mums Atari 2600 I think ( long time ago ).
my first home computer was the Amstrad cpc 464 and remember fondly playing great games like harrier attack, roland on the ropes, rygar and erm….animal vegetable mineral, after that I got a master system followed by a commodore 64 then the mega drive always wanted an amiga but my parents could never afford one oh well lol...I wanted the neo geo as well but my parents would have to have been man citys owners lol.

After leaving school I was on yts computer course and I managed to buy the snes and with super Mario world, Mario kart, super street fighter 2 and aliens I could not put it down until I got the playstation and going from playing the likes of nhl hockey and madden to tomb raider and resident evil on the playstion for the first time I was blown away and in my opinion no other console launch has or will get near that.

I have since then owned a ps2, n64, dreamcast, (cost me a bloody fortune that machine) sega Saturn, xbox, xbox 360, ps3, xbox one the s and the x, and ps4 and ps4 pro, so yeah that's where all my pennies have gone.

my current fave games are the looter shooters apart from destiny 2 don't know why....but the division on the xbox I played for ell over 1700 hours, I love warframe too I had a lot of frames and weapons and the people I used to play with on the xbox no longer play so I picked it up on the ps4 and I have 2 frames and man do I miss my opticor laser rifle, I also like diablo 3 and anthem I have been playing on the pc through origin premier and im not 100 per cent sure about....im looking forward to the division 2 though and hopefully they have sorted out the god awfull pvp and glitching in the dark zone sadly no mention about the cronus max though.

the current games im playing on the ps4 are warframe, far cry new dawn, and ghost recon wildlands im not a pvp player but I love the pve side of things.

I heard of you looking through friends communities. I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield

cheers...
john

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @benedikt_KGB! :waving:

Great intro BTW, nice and detailed stuff!

been playing video games since about 1984 on my mums Atari 2600 I think ( long time ago ).
I remember that console! Didn't have one myself, I saved up and got the Intellivision with it's super "3D graphics"! :lol:

my current fave games are the looter shooters apart from destiny 2 don't know why
There's a few people around here who enjoy that. I never got into it after the disappointment (for me) of Destiny 1 (I didn't even bother with the DLC for that).

but the division on the xbox I played for ell over 1700 hours
Blimey!! :o I played this at launch but gave up before they released the first DLC (as there was nothing really to do back then). However I've recently started playing it again in preparation for The Division 2. Boy, they really have improved the game since launch and I'm enjoying The Underground as well as all the other daily and weekly stuff you can do.

I love warframe too I had a lot of frames and weapons and the people I used to play with on the xbox no longer play so I picked it up on the ps4 and I have 2 frames and man do I miss my opticor laser rifle,
I'm sure the Warframers will be along soon to say hello! There's a few diehard players here who have put in an awful lot of hours into the game, some on multiple consoles (I'm looking at you, @WetPaintGaming :D ) I put in around 1300 hours but haven't managed to get back into the game (yet) since I took a break from it.

I also like diablo 3 and anthem I have been playing on the pc through origin premier and im not 100 per cent sure about
@mick is the Diablo 3 expert around here. :) I've dabbled, as has @HaloJ. As for Anthem, those of us who tried the demo found it disappointing. IMO Warframe is a much better game.

im looking forward to the division 2 though and hopefully they have sorted out the god awfull pvp and glitching in the dark zone sadly no mention about the cronus max though.
There are a bunch of us getting The Division 2, so there'll be a few of us you can play with. Roll on 12th March!! :D

Anyway, make yourself at home, take a look around, join in some discussions and I hope to see you online soon. :1thumbup:

mick

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Ya,
What's the verdict on the new Far Cry???

benedikt_KGB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
in my opinion very good, when you capture outposts you can then scavenge and let the enemy recapture it if you want and they come back with much better and tougher enemies.... deffo the game needs to be played in co op.....if you loved far cry 5 you will love new dawn

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright dude, nice to meet you last night, its was fun.
If you want an invite to SNR warframe dojo just let me know

WetPaintGaming

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi :D

As previously mentioned by @Martok I 'tend' to play Warframe quite a bit. PS4 is by far my main account with PC a fair way behind and my Xbox account barely played on, like the console itself these days, for quite a while.

You'll find me on PS4 Warframe most evenings although I'm re-exploring the Skyrim and Fallout 4 landscapes at the moment having treated myself to the GOTY bundle. So feel free to contact me, especially in game as I might miss it otherwise, if you want help with anything.

Fair warning though I have a very low threshold for running the same mission repeatedly or for a long time as have done most things in the game so many times I need the variety.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @benedikt_KGB nice to meet you last night. Top work on your introduction to Battlefield V and great we top squaded to close the evening.

I'm @WetPaintGaming 's nightmare as I run the same mission over and over and over ..... currently taking a Warbreak getting some lightyears in with Elite : Dangerous. As always though after that and the Division I'll be back on Warframe. My hours don't stack up against Paints with only 1000 but it's a mighty fine game and oft returned to.

I like to play what @Martok calls self flagellation games like Darkest Dungeon, Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve and other randomly generated high failure rate, learning titles.

Abs

benedikt_KGB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
the division 2 will be a time sync for me, ill play the battlefield event too, and I need to get some stuff for warframe im currently looking at the limbo bundle and my heart is saying buy, buy, buy.....I love the opticor or noob rifle, such a shame a didn't find you guys earlier

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yo @benedikt_KGB - drop me a FR & maybe catch you online at some point.

I keep meaning to dive into Warframe - myself and the good lady are swithering on whether to invest time in that or Division 2, depending on how the new Destiny 2 drop goes!

WetPaintGaming

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
the division 2 will be a time sync for me, ill play the battlefield event too, and I need to get some stuff for warframe im currently looking at the limbo bundle and my heart is saying buy, buy, buy.....I love the opticor or noob rifle, such a shame a didn't find you guys earlier
I would advise against spending your plat on the bundle as there's nothing in there that isn't too difficult to get, and any of us will help you. Your plat can be spent on so many other things either more useful or more decorative :D

Obviously you play a far wider scope of games than myself, and therefore much less time spent on each, so it's easy for me to say that.

benedikt_KGB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
@WetPaintGaming I bought the bundle mainly for the opticor rifle which lets me use it straight away and is a good solo noob gun. To construct it from a blueprint I need to be mastery rank 14 I do believe, since going into the clan dojo I noticed there is a lot of good stuff I would have used platinum for, but will farm for the resources needed and not platinum :)

The things I need most are mods especially a multishot one for my opticor.

WetPaintGaming

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@WetPaintGaming I bought the bundle mainly for the opticor rifle which lets me use it straight away and is a good solo noob gun. To construct it from a blueprint I need to be mastery rank 14 I do believe, since going into the clan dojo I noticed there is a lot of good stuff I would have used platinum for, but will farm for the resources needed and not platinum :)

The things I need most are mods especially a multishot one for my opticor.
Forgot about weapons being Mastery locked as I haven't really had to worry about it in so long, on PS4 at least.

As far as mods go just look me up next time you're on and I can trade you most if not all of what you need. Ammo Drums are the main currency in inter clan/alliance trading just so you're prepared to pay such a high price ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
One question I forgot to ask you is how did you come to choose your PSN name? I ask as I've been wondering about what you could have as an avatar on the forums (don't forget to upload one if you have something in mind!). All I can think of is Benedict Cumberbatch or Benedictine Monks.

benedikt_KGB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
my sister bought me a ps4 for xmas, and whilst I was at hers I asked my great niece to think of a name and select one while I was pre occupied with desserts and beer, :lol:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
my sister bought me a ps4 for xmas, and whilst I was at hers I asked my great niece to think of a name and select one while I was pre occupied with desserts and beer, :lol:
You were lucky, your name could have been much, much worse then!

How about this as an avatar? :lol: